Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Stand Your Ground

Ah well, they're going with the pregnancy storyline. Sigh...

Walt really failed Cady in my opinion. Henry, and even Nighthorse, were more supportive of her as an adult woman. Yes, Cady's a little naive, which I have complained about, but his obsession has blinded him so badly that when his daughter kills a man and is visibly wrecked by it, he can't offer any words of solace or at the very least, experience. I did like that Cady pointed out that she'd asked him for his help with the restraining order, which he ignored (or did I miss a response - I was doing a lot of eye rolling and loud sighing.)

Still, they are playing it so that Walt's seemingly obsessive conclusions could be right. But right now, I sort of like Nighthorse, despite his general jackassery. I am not liking the direction this show is going, especially since I'm starting to think of Walt as not so much as stubborn but justified, but as being a blowhard. Speaking of which - I think he had more dialogue than in any given two or three episode combined previously. That felt weird.

Edited by Clanstarling
to make a sentence actually make sense.
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I did like that Cady pointed out that she'd asked him for his help with the restraining order, which he ignored (or did I miss a response - I was doing a lot of eye rolling and loud sighing.)

He did ignore it, as he was still pissy that Cady was working for Nighthorse. Ugh, he's such a baby sometimes.

• Love 3

Walt was a jerk. Cady is an adult and sometimes adult children do things their parents don't like. That doesn't mean that when they are in pain and obviously need support that you can basically just say i told you so. Maybe they can revisit the discussion of her job at a later date but right after the shooting? That was pretty insensitive. 

• Love 4

I wondered if the actress was pregnant but apparently not. Pregnancy storylines are usually a mistake but maybe they can pull it off. I've never really liked how they've written for Vic. There's too much focus on her relationship drama and she ends up acting liking a teenage girl. 

• Love 3

I love how Jacob and Henry took on Malachi and banished him. So much justice in that moment.

I liked how supportive Henry, Jacob, and even Mathias were of Cady. Yeah, Walt was an ass, but that is Walt. He is currently obsessed with trying to deal with the mob so I don't totally blame him.

I have no problem with Vic getting pregnant. It happens and is totally believable. I never like how serials unrealistically portray characters over the years. It is frankly  unbelievable that none of the deputies have married or had kids in 5 years even though they are all in their twenties and thirties. My only issue with Vic's pregnancy is that it isn't Walt's baby because that is where the drama in the story lies. Vic and Walt should have gotten together at the beginning of this season. Walt's non-sexual relationship with the therapist should have been a non-starter and Eamonn who I really liked should have been a wake up call for Walt, forcing him to make a move on Vic.

Forgot to mention how much I like the supporting characters like Walt's lawyer for the civil trial, Bob, and May. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1