Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: I Call the Shots

announcergirl
  • Start Topic

RIP Ruiz. I love Tommy but he done lost his mind. For me, the theme of the last two seasons has been keep the #2 guy happy. Last season Dre flipped when Kanan shut him out, season Tommy when Ghost left him out. Kanan didn't like being kept out of the Lobos loop in S1 either. Dre is a mess. He's working for Ghost, being a spy for Kanan, covering for Tariq, and now he's helping Tommy. At one point I thought at the end of the series he would be the last man standing kind of like Marlo in The Wire, but I think his number will be up next season, he's just got too many masters. 

Oh Tariq...he's must be really craving male attention. Kanan got him stealing shoes now. This is a bit unbelievable to me that he has unraveled so quickly, next week is he gonna murder somebody? It certainly doesn't appear Ghost is going to find out Kanan is alive this season. 

So Greg saw Mike, are him and Angela going to work together now? I just hope Greg nails somebody, after all that crap Angela put him through with the stalking charges I really want him to get the last laugh. 

Not surprised Tasha and Ghost got it on, I was surprised she sent him packing. Oh Tasha...why didn't you tell Ghost that Dean came to the beauty salon and threatened you? And why call Tommy! She's been so smart. Poor Lakeisha, I guess there's still a chance she just skipped town, there was no mention of her son alone with no mother. But I don't know...

I did love the way Ghost killed the Karen deal for the other club. Not really sure what point Kantos served this episode. I assume his character is done now. 

All in all, good episode, minimal Angela but not enough Julio :)

• Love 3

"If she was she woulda never gotten mixed up with you in the first place." You  ain't never lied, Tommy.

Angela just stays stuck on stupid. Her business card at Tommy's mommy's place. Making a call on that burner phone from inside her office. And then Greg is almost literally screwing her to the wall while she assumes she's the one working him. I don't like his searching her bag though. A woman's purse is sacrosanct unless she consents to the search.

Are the St. Patrick kids twins?

Sorry, it makes no sense to me that Tariq would be hanging out with "Slim". He doesn't have the kind of background that would make him susceptible to a predator. The shoplifting thing I can see but not voluntarily hanging out with some adult he barely knows. Doesn't he have friends his own age? And where does Tasha think he is while he's out running the streets with Kanan?

Apparently Tommy didn't know Ruiz was wearing a bug? Whatever, his trying to play double or triple agent probably isn't going to do anything but get more innocent people hurt or killed. Milan is playing him like a fiddle.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, healthnut said:

Not surprised Tasha and Ghost got it on, I was surprised she sent him packing. Oh Tasha...why didn't you tell Ghost that Dean came to the beauty salon and threatened you? And why call Tommy! She's been so smart. Poor Lakeisha, I guess there's still a chance she just skipped town, there was no mention of her son alone with no mother. But I don't know...

Yeah, Keisha dead. Tasha screwed her up and poor thing didn't even have a say in the matter. Tasha and Ghost's love faces were ... something. I think she would've took him back. That question about them not getting back together was a test. I peeped her reaction. When he got up and left, she got her answer.

I'm ready for Tariq to either end up on Scared Straight or get held hostage by Fitty. That kid is so damn stupid.

Speaking of stupid, Angela continues to be a donkey. Who travels with the phone that's part of a criminal fucking conspiracy! Fuck is you thinking, man?!

• Love 8

The way Tariq shoplifted those kicks makes me think it wasnt his first time. He was just too cool about it.  I'm sure he and his other rich friends have probably done it on a dare or something.  I did wonder though why the Jimmy Jazz helper brought 2 pairs of sneakers out?  Tariq only asked for one size.  I guess it was just a way to move the scene along much like Greg finding Angela's business card in Mama Tommy's trash can even though it was days later. 

Speaking of Angela.  What a dummy.  I mean really.  The only thing i'll give her credit for is that she recorded her meetup with Ghost when he gave her the phone, so she can prove that she wasn't the mole.  But still walking around with the burner phone and then bringing it to Greg's apt?  Stupid.  I was cheering him on.  Like thats right Greg, play the shit out of her. I cant imagine Angela was really believing what Greg was saying like.... "Oh yeah, I believe James had nothing to do with Lobos murder....its only me and you together now"  blah blah blah.  I'm just thrilled Greg saw Mike slipping out of that apartment.  

Oh and Tasha getting her some of that good D and then kicking him out after she got hers.  Lmaoo.  James is slipping up all over the place.  Whatever hold he had on everyone is gone. Angela can't stand him, Tasha just barely tolerates him and Tommy wants him dead.   I'm convinced Tommy will not make it to the end of this series. He is too volatile and insecure to last. 

I am really losing resepct for Dre.  He should have BEEN told Ghost that Kanan was alive and messing with Tariq.  He is puthing more faith in Kanaan who will probably kill him no matter what when he gets done with Ghost, than in Ghost who has actually shown he cares about Dre. 

I dont think Keisha is dead.  This show has never shied away from actually showing us a dead body. Sean, Lobos, Ruiz, etc.  The scene with Keisha was very ambiguous. Tommy probably told that chick she better take the money and run.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 4