Type keyword(s) to search

Gargoyles - General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Been watching this on Disney+ and I have some thoughts:

• I loved "The Mirror" and I will echo the sentiments that Human Goliath was WAY hotter than the A/U human episode in the third season. And I had to laugh at at how pissed Demona was when Puck cursed her to be human by day.
  • "Vows" was an interesting episode, especially in how Past Demona was horrified and disgusted by her future evil self, but despite Goliath's message not to let her hate and loneliness consume her, it didn't change anything in the end. I kind of would have liked it if the show had gone with the multiverse theory and split into a different universe where Demona stayed good. 
  • Speaking of Demona, she almost had a breakthrough in the Macbeth episodes when the witches finally called her out on her using the victim card to take revenge on humans when she was the one who ultimately betrayed her clan. That moment when she broke down to reveal the passcode "Alone"...man. Despite everything, I felt sorry for her. And then she had a bitch relapse and acted like it never happened.
  • Was Macbeth voiced by the guy who played Gimli in LOTR and Aladdin's hot dad Cassim in King of Thieves?
  • While the final episode of season 3 was a good note to end the series on, the season 2 Hunters finale was way better. The Gargoyles get their home back, Elisa and Goliath kiss, and Goliath turns to stone smiling. Perfect!

Rewatching this and Derek is such an ASS in “Her Brother’s Keeper” and Elisa’s mom’s naïveté about Xanatos had me 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄. She’s a cop’s wife!

And that Derek-also a COP-believes Xanatos is a good guy?!

But I just love this show and watching Elisa and Goliath falling in love. 

• Like 2