Type keyword(s) to search

Flatliners (2017): Today is a Good Day to Kill Reboots... err Die.

theredhead77
  • Start Topic

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2039338/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Medical students experiment on "near death" experiences that involve past tragedies until the dark consequences begin to jeopardize their lives.

So I think I did that correctly, please accept my apologizes and reformat if needed.

All I can say is... WTF?!

Keifer is the only one reprising his role. I love the original, ridiculousness as it is now, but could not imagine that a reboot or equal would be remotely good.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Wasn't this only a minor hit to begin with? It's not even like it's something that stuck in pop culture  and people remember fondly. It's like rebooting Endless Love.

Apparently it became a bit of a cult classic. I love the movie, even to this day because it (in conjunction with the Lost Boys) spawned my fangirlness towards Keifer. The cast made the movie. I own one of the original DVD releases and the cover description is

Are you afraid to die? Keifer Sutherland isn't. He's an ambitious, charismatic medical student who persuades classmates Julia Roberts and Kevin Bacon to take part in a reckless experiment...

Could you imagine a movie these days name-dropping like this?

I can't see how a different cast will make this into anything but a quick to DVD moneyloss. Perhaps they are banking on the 24 fans watching it, desperate for some Keifer? I found out about the movie while looking up information about Designated Survivor.

Apparently this is a sequel, not a reboot and Keifer isn't reprising Nelson (name change) though IMDB has him listed as "Nelson".

• Love 3
On 9/10/2016 at 7:20 PM, theredhead77 said:

Apparently it became a bit of a cult classic. I love the movie, even to this day because it (in conjunction with the Lost Boys) spawned my fangirlness towards Keifer. The cast made the movie. I own one of the original DVD releases and the cover description is

Could you imagine a movie these days name-dropping like this?

I can't see how a different cast will make this into anything but a quick to DVD moneyloss. Perhaps they are banking on the 24 fans watching it, desperate for some Keifer? I found out about the movie while looking up information about Designated Survivor.

Apparently this is a sequel, not a reboot and Keifer isn't reprising Nelson (name change) though IMDB has him listed as "Nelson".

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought, WTF???

But with Kiefer in it, I might see it. I think the studio is hoping for that. 

• Love 1

I saw the original at a drive-in, not long after we moved to America. I was just a teenager, and now I feel older than I like. It's been so long, that I forgot Kiefer was in it.

i liked the original (loved The Lost Boys, too), but it isn't one that ve watched much. I don't know why. I might see this, but I'm not sure. 

I was really surprised they are making this film, let alone have Kiefer Sutherland.  All I could remember was Sutherland getting the shit beat up by a kid with the hoodie on and the obscene black girl cursing at Kevin Bacon. Those scenes stuck with me 27 years, especially for a seven year old. I am shocked that they are making this, knowing the film was not that huge a hit from Joel. 

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 1

Annndddd the movie flopped. Oh, well.

I got to see this because it's about ready to leave my theater. I actually liked it, for what it was. I never saw the original so I didn't have that to compare to. I was shocked they actually killed off Ellen Page, and Nina Dobrev's character got the ending monologue speech.

Also, James Norton is one sexy dude.

So nearly a year later I finally got around to seeing this movie via On Demand. I totally forgot it was even a thing until I was going to watch original Flatliners as part of my early Keifer movie marathon. It was beyond terrible, awkwardly inserting "good day to die" into the middle and the final scene was lifted straight from the original (Nelson goes back under to apologize to Billy Mahoney). It could have been so!much!better! and a completely different movie if Keifer was Nelson and caught on to what they were doing.

I had no expectations and I was still disappointed.

• Love 2