Type keyword(s) to search

Peck/Nuñez/Navarro: Judgy!

zxy556575
  • Start Topic

Bringing this over from the episode thread:

I'm wondering why everyone is so negative about Nunez.  Can someone explain that?  I really don't listen to much of what he has to say, I just like to look at him.  :)

I carry my grudge over from his Miami Ink days, where I thought he was terribly full of himself. At the time, Ami James was there to set the bar of tolerable behavior really low and Nunez kind of seemed okay in comparison. But basically I think he's still a know-it-all, conceited ass who can't abide a word of disagreement.

• Love 3

Well, for me, it's the many times I've seen him brazen out his justification for eliminating X, even though Y has created an inferior tattoo, or totally ignored the challenge directive, or used a style he was more comfortable with, or you name it. 

And by some crazy coincidence, "X" is always a woman.

• Love 3

Now Davie, OTOH, I've had a TV crush on since he was one of the commentators on I Love The [decade] shows. He came off as funny and bright, and that carried over to when he hosted Rock Star. For everything he's been though in life he seems to have his head on straight and doesn't take himself too seriously. Pretty much the exact opposite of Nunez.

As for his judging on this show, he doesn't have biases against any particular contestants, doesn't take things personally and tries to stay true to the rules.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 7
(edited)

This is the first time it's even occurred to me to look at their websites.

Peck: Basic site with minimal info and a writer who really loves commas. Ten artists, two women. If Peck does any tattoos that aren't American Traditional, he doesn't include them much in his Instagram gallery. He liked these crooked "Fun lil birdies" enough to Instagram them.

peck.JPG

Nunez: Okay looking website. Includes a tab for artwork other than tattoos but with minimal content. The most recent post in the "News" section is from December 2015. Only four artists featured, all men. Chris has a whopping three tattoos in his gallery. The other three artists only show a handful as well. I guess I'm to assume their reputations proceed them?

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1

I don't know why, but Nunez seems like he would be a scary guy to work for.  Of course, he might be a sweetheart in real life, for all I know

Edited by qtpye

Just some fun trivia....I like looking at the Celebrity Net Worth website, so I was poking around, and decided to see what our judges are worth.

Oliver Peck - $500,000

Chris Núñez - $5,000,000

Dave Navarro - $25,000,000

Interesting.

Have we discussed this before? Peck and Nunez were sued for sexual harassment in 2014. I find it very believable.

The complainant said "Nunez and Peck requested a female assistant, and employees of producer Original Media warned that the pair would torture her. In the 11 days she claims she worked on the show, she says they inappropriately spoke to her, including asking her if 'she likes to suck dicks' and if she was 'knocked up' when she felt ill, pinched and tickled her, and made offensive comments in her presence, like calling another judge a 'f*****.'"

• Love 1

So I went to my local chain haircutting place.  The lady who does my hair is the manager.  Halfway through my haircut, one of the younger stylists came over and said, "I need to talk to you right away."

A kid about 12 had been brought in by his mother.  He was halfway through getting his longish hair cut really short when the stylist noticed he had lice.  State law:  All work stops on that client immediately.  The young stylist had asked my manager/stylist come over to deal with the situation with the boy and his mom.  When the manager confirmed that the kid did, indeed, have lice, the manager explained that all work on her son had to stop immediately.  Mom was very understanding.  They took the kid out, and the stylist began sanitizing her work station; my stylist went in the back to scrub her hands before returning to finish my cut.

And all I could think of was, "That poor kid walked out of here looking like Dave Navarro without the satanic facial hair."  Hope someone was able to even up his cut.

• Love 4

From GQ website :

"Tattoo Tour with Chris Nuñez and Oliver Peck

We asked the hosts of Spike TV's Ink Master to review celebrity tattoos. From Justin Bieber and Chris Brown, to Rihanna and Nicki Minaj, Chris Nunez and Oliver Peck comment on the artisanship that went into these tattoos. Ink Master Season 9 airs on Tuesdays at 10pm ET/PT on Spike."

Enjoy : http://video.gq.com/watch/tattoo-tour-with-chris-nunez-and-oliver-peck

• Love 3