Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E23: Live Finale Results

• Start Topic

Knew Grace was going to win. I think she's good.  I'm one who just didn't find TapeFace entertaining till the last night.  Hubby and love this show and watch every season.  Really liked Sal, Jon, Sofie, Malevo, Viktor was awesome. 

I think Nick was protecting his new braids.  They were looking pretty rough Tuesday.

• Love 1

I don't like Grace's act. I don't think she's talented. I can't stand her voice. She's cute but I wanted an actual talent show, not a popularity contest. 

Itd be nice to see less singers. They got rid of American Idol. This doesn't need to be AMerican Idol. I want more magician types, etc

• Love 7

I don't get it.  I'm sure Grace is a very nice girl.   But her voice SQUEAKS in a way that sounds painful, and I don't know if her song-writing is good, since I can't understand the words.  

But at least the winner wasn't a lame Sinatra imitator. 

The only one I would pay to see is Tape Face.

• Love 2

Best part of the finale was seeing Jambi come out of retirement to host the show. "Meka leka hi meka hiney ho," folks. Watching the first act, I thought how fun it would be if Sal won instead of who was set up to win. He's fun, easy, likable, and he and his family would make a great sitcom. Of course, that wasn't going to happen. Tapeface's performance was, once again, hilarious. Viktor and Sofie got their last performances relegated to being blasted out by lighting so they weren't seen at all. Because they were the two best Vegas acts? The final line up made Grace the "of course" winner since she was smack in the center of the line. Plus she had the only performance that was pimped extra hard by bringing out Steve Nicks to boost her up. What a contrast Stevie was, that BEAUTIFUL guitar and Stevie's lovely voice after Grace's "Tiny Tim" uke plunking and scratchy scratch non-singing of no understandable words. I asked myself what act would I pay $5 to see and Grace isn't worth even that. I would't even accept $5 payment to sit through that torture. So, best of luck as you pass into obscurity. Seeing a little blonde cutie "sing" is a lot different than listening to cat squalls on iTunes.

• Love 4

The gift from Taylor were pretty flowers.   Grace was very excited. I found it sweet. 

Really enjoyed the performances the night before and thought there might be an upset.  I thought wrong LOL

Edited by tribeca

The voting system is worth looking at.  AI did a disservice to that with their multi-voting system that corrupted the results.  With Tamyra, Latoya, Daughtery and finally Doolittle all being voted out, I quit on Idol.  No reason to get invested in acts when the system doesn't record excellence.  I heard AI somewhat changed it later, but the damage was done and what could have been some incredible finals turned into mostly routs. 

So with AGT, we have ten finalists, so it would be an average of 10% per act.  Of course, we know that didn't happen, so we safely assume no one got 33% because they said the top three were within 1% and that would mean almost no one else got a vote.  So, we can be assured that the most anyone got was in the 20's.  But, again that would mean the top three got almost 60% and I have a feeling that didn't happen.  So, I assume that Grace probably got somewhere between 14-18%.

That's interesting that the winner didn't even get one third of the vote.  Of course, you change the system, you change the outcome.  If they did like Al and eliminated one person a week, you know the order would have been different.  Who knows, Grace might not have won.

I also wouldn't give too much credence to the order of finish.  The difference between many of the spots were probably a small percentage.   And AGT allowed I believe 30 votes on different mediums, so that would be slanting the vote a little.  If I vote 5 times and someone else votes 20 times, why should their opinion count more?  Can you imagine if we elected the President like that?

I always thought 4 votes per phone would be fair, the average number in each household.   But, Idol like claiming 10's of millions of votes were coming each week and didn't want to change it to damage that advertisement, even to make it an even playing field.

I wonder if AGT would even release the vote totals.  I don't believe AI ever did, but it would be fun to see the final AGT totals.

It was an interesting season.  I had never watched any of the previous seasons and the only person I remember who made a name that is known to me from past seasons would be Evancho.

I am thinking about going back and looking at past seasons.  Strange isn't it that I won't be spoiled at some seasons that happened years ago since no one else has become famous from this show.  Idol had a number of them.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:13 AM, Jordan27 said:

It was an interesting season.  I had never watched any of the previous seasons and the only person I remember who made a name that is known to me from past seasons would be Evancho.

I am thinking about going back and looking at past seasons.  Strange isn't it that I won't be spoiled at some seasons that happened years ago since no one else has become famous from this show.  Idol had a number of them.

Terry the ventriloquist and Matt Frewer also made it big in Vegas. But those three are the only ones I could think of.