Type keyword(s) to search

Antiques Roadshow (US) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

The NY Times profiled Nicholas Lowry.  He is the person who almost always appraises posters on the show, and has a very distinctive wardrobe.

The show also returns with a new season on January 2, 2023.

I read the article as if he was talking to me! I’ve heard that voice for so many years! Tilda is so adorable!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Damn. Can’t read it without paying. 

It should appear in a browser you don't normally use, or you could clear cookies and cache, but I'd be happy to send you a "gift" link if you (or anyone) message me. 😊

12 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

It should appear in a browser you don't normally use, or you could clear cookies and cache, but I'd be happy to send you a "gift" link if you (or anyone) message me. 😊

Googled it. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

So I was watching last week's episode.  Was that Elaine Hendrix (the villain from the late 90s version of The Parent Trap) with the Little Red Riding Hood print being appraised towards the end of the episode?  It looked like her, but I didn't see anything on her Twitter mentioning it. 

On 2/28/2023 at 7:08 PM, txhorns79 said:

So I was watching last week's episode.  Was that Elaine Hendrix (the villain from the late 90s version of The Parent Trap) with the Little Red Riding Hood print being appraised towards the end of the episode?  It looked like her, but I didn't see anything on her Twitter mentioning it. 

I’ve not seen the 90s version of the movie, so I’m no help! 

On 3/31/2023 at 9:03 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I just saw an ad that the next locale will be the Boise botanical gardens. I was able to attend! It was last May. I wasn't on, but I was there for most of the day. It was a lot of fun.  

Did you see your favorite appraisers?

(edited)

Actually, yes. I didn't think you had to bring something. All I had was a Bulova watch from I thought the 40s. I got to meet Kevin Zavian, and he thought it was in great condition. He actually called the other guy over to look at it. Turns out it was from the 60s, but they really liked it. They even knew it wasn't the original watch band, which I had replaced. It's a great watch because it's powered by your body heat and doesn't need a battery or winding. 

I saw a few things being filmed so I'm interested to see what they're all about. They weren't allowing people as an audience, so to speak. 

I spent a few hours checking out the gardens and all of the stuff people brought. I talked to a local PBS guy that produces and hosts an outdoor show. He was thrilled that the show got me more into hiking. 

Normally you have to pay for admission to the gardens, but it was all free and you could stay as long as you wanted. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

My comment to the TV: No they won’t!

I'm a little late to the party, but I've been binging Antiques Roadshow. 

My favorite drinking game is when someone (slightly older) says "it isn't for sale" or "it will stay in the family".   Nope, it will be sold as soon as you die, if not sooner.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Just watched the first episode of the new season in Alaska. This might be the most fascinating locale they’ve had. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love Alaska, even though I’ve experienced it only via an inside passage cruise.  But we plan to book a Denali tour in the near future. The items were so interesting especially the first guy with the photos that show the seal skin used as food storage, the blanket, and the northern lights painting. If this what this season has to offer, I’m really excited!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Antiques Roadshow has announced its 2024 tour locations:

Wednesday, May 1 — Las Vegas, NV
Tuesday, May 14 — Bentonville, AR
Wednesday, May 29 – Littleton, CO
Monday, June 10 — Urbandale, IA 
Tuesday, June 18 — Baltimore, MD 

You can apply for tickets until March 18.

• Useful 1