Type keyword(s) to search

Bringing Back The Buffyverse

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

I don't even see it as much of "decision" for Robin and Faith;

I mean that's more or less what I said. I don't see them planning a pregnancy --- but I definitely see Faith deciding to keep one, if she falls pregnant. 

16 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

(I'm ignoring anything that the comics might be saying, as that can all be handwaved away.  And some of it 

Reveal hidden contents

Angel kills Giles, but gosh he's really sorry!  He's going to brood for a good 45 minutes, at least!

obviously should be, IMO.)

Yikes.

I agree that if they decide to change this stupid Buffy-reboot idea to a proper spin-off/sequel, they should take a page from Disney's Star Wars and retcon comics canon.

19 hours ago, darkestboy said:

It's a dreadful idea. Slapping a diversity tag will not make it a better show and if anything, it makes Whedon look like a sellout and Breen a coward for not trying to do something innovative within the genre itself. Hell, even the very group of people Whedon is trying to get back in don't seem to want the show given the reactions on social media the last few days.

If they wanted to tap into the Buffy universe again, they could've done a revival with most of the original cast, done that Giles spin-off that Whedon wanted to do in the early 2000s or even done a show about a new slayer set in the Buffy universe. Any one of those three would've a far better and more logical option.

Simply put, not everything merits a reboot.

Oh, I'd loved to have seen 'Ripper'. I think the ideal way to do it is have a series of TV movies featuring the original cast and new characters then have the series based on the new guys but still have the originals pop up once in a while, we want BSG not the travesty that was Airwolf's last season. 

10 hours ago, ursula said:

I mean that's more or less what I said. I don't see them planning a pregnancy --- but I definitely see Faith deciding to keep one, if she falls pregnant. 

Yikes.

I agree that if they decide to change this stupid Buffy-reboot idea to a proper spin-off/sequel, they should take a page from Disney's Star Wars and retcon comics canon.

Seconded, mother Faith would be interesting in a Xena sort of way. I don't think anyone would ever be dictated to by the comics except for no Ethan Rayne as Robin Sachs sadly died.  

• Love 1

I could see Faith as a mother.   Honestly,  she was very jump at the call of being a slayer.   I could see her being hesitant to the idea of her being a mother,  but change her mind and decide fuck it,  this is where we are.   I guess I'm having a kid. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Delphi said:

I could see Faith as a mother.   Honestly,  she was very jump at the call of being a slayer.   I could see her being hesitant to the idea of her being a mother,  but change her mind and decide fuck it,  this is where we are.   I guess I'm having a kid. 

If you ever watch ED in Dollhouse in the ep Instinct it's very interesting;

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dollhouse+instinct&&view=detail&mid=AC0B422E88AAF45316A2AC0B422E88AAF45316A2&&FORM=VRDGAR

4 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Well that's a bit more reassuring. 

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I don't see her saying that it's not going to be a reboot, rather that it's not going to use the same characters. It's possible that they're rebooting the world/concept but with new characters.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, nosleepforme said:

That's the worst episode of Dollhouse IMO. Yes, worse than the background singer episode, which I enjoyed. It gets bonus points though for having Kristoffer Polaha play Echo's baby daddy, because a couple of years later he would play SMG's lover on "Ringer", which I found amusing. The guy who acted opposite two slayers in their new projects.##

I still feel like it doesn't give too much away regarding whether it is a reboot or a revival. They could still tell the same story and just give the slayer a different name. But given that it is in the early stages of development, I guess there is not much to tell yet. I'm on board whatever it is though, as long as their is heart, humor, action and as long as they tell a relatable profound story about the human experience, basically as long as this new show does what the original show did so well.

Oh no, I really liked that one, it's so nice to see ED play beyond her boundaries and see a different side to her, loved her in Haunted too. The weakest ep of Dollhouse in my opinion was the one where Victor leaves the Dollhouse and gets sucked into a military conspiracy. The one with Echo in jail also isn't great. 

Yeah, scant on detail here but at least they're aware of our concerns. 

18 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I don't see her saying that it's not going to be a reboot, rather that it's not going to use the same characters. It's possible that they're rebooting the world/concept but with new characters.

I think we'll just have to wait and see frankly, we simply don't know enough at this stage, 

21 hours ago, darkestboy said:

I'm all for meeting a new slayer.

Glad Monica clarified that one.

At least it means they're listening to us?

1. Personally I'd like it to concentrate on a group of young girls who suddenly find themselves to be Slayers and how they cope with it, just call it The Vampire Slayers. 

2. Plenty of roles for the original cast, not as regulars but perhaps as recurring characters.

3. Let's address some of the issues of the original series, not least Xander's lie in Becoming and the cyborg Ninjas. 

4. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Magic Jane, Doug Petrie etc to write at least a few eps between them.  

5. Some references to other Whedon projects, someone remarking on how they prevented the Cabin in the Woods apocalypse or how memory imprinting is banned after the events of Dollhouse.  

21 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

Let's address some of the issues of the original series, not least Xander's lie in Becoming

Oh yeah. 'cause this is so "relevant" two decades later... How about addressing Buffy's crappy attitude in the final seasons instead?

21 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Magic Jane, Doug Petrie etc to write at least a few eps between them.

No. No. No. And a thousand times no.

I doubt Whedon wants to write scripts for Monica Breen's revision of his vision.  And I'm guessing that Monica would hire her own writing staff.

The idea that the reboot would incorporate concepts from the spinoff is overreaching; Angel might not even exist in this world.  (Because everybody loves Spike, don't you know?  Why waste time with mopey boy when the Fonz is waiting?)

Edited by Halting Hex
20 hours ago, lembergwatcher said:

Oh yeah. 'cause this is so "relevant" two decades later... How about addressing Buffy's crappy attitude in the final seasons instead?

No. No. No. And a thousand times no.

For the faithful, we obviously still do care. What exactly was wrong with Buffy's later attitude? Plus these are terrific writers, love to see more of their work. 

20 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I doubt Whedon wants to write scripts for Erica whatshername's revision of his vision.  And I'm guessing that Erica would hire her own writing staff.

The idea that the reboot would incorporate concepts from the spinoff is overreaching; Angel might not even exist in this world.  (Because everybody loves Spike, don't you know?  Why waste time with mopey boy when the Fonz is waiting?)

I think you should lose the Spike obsession, there's more to Angel TS than him, a lot more. I'm sure they'll not ignore Angel's world entirely, it's so rich. Plus I'm sure Joss might be tempted if he likes what they do?