Type keyword(s) to search

Dion: Too Smart For This S**t

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Dion, a 24-year-old graduate student who is about to receive his a Masters in Criminology, Law and Society. He's counseled youth in juvenile detention centers in the past and now wants to focus on bettering neighborhoods and ultimately young kids' lives. 

So far, this guy is my favorite by far. 

There are more descriptive bios on aetv.com.  I posted the full link in the media page, but thought I'd post Dion's here. 

Dion has been studying the criminal justice system for almost six years, but thinks time behind bars would teach him more than all his classes combined. With all he’s learned in school, plus what he’ll discover inside, Dion wants to go back to the crime-ridden streets of his hometown neighborhood to show the community that jail is not the answer.

Dion grew up one of nine siblings and his parents separated shortly after he was born. Dion felt he could have easily ended up behind bars like many of his friends and family. He was able to leave home without a criminal record and is about to receive a Masters in Criminology, Law and Society.

He’s counseled youth in juvenile detention centers in the past and now wants to focus on bettering neighborhoods and ultimately young kids’ lives. Dion hopes to be an example for at-risk youth, showing them that they can rise above crime and build strong, meaningful careers.

The Sheriff recognizes Dion’s passion to help his community and thinks his education paired with his own rough life will bring a fresh point of view to the program.

Every time they show the clip of Dion describing a "dope fiend", I have to giggle a little.  Sounds like something a senior citizen from decades ago would say.  And immediately assuming Quintin was a serial killer was pretty funny, too.  He doesn't have the best instincts.  I hope it comes up at the reunion, and Quintin finds some amusement in it.

• Love 1

Ok, apparently there is a new "consulting firm" I will have to google for it, and all these ex 60 day inmates are charging $250 an hour to "prep" someone for incarceration--Dion is one of the experts--anyone else hear about this? 

1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

https://www.barsconsulting.net/contact.html

you guys will just not beleive this--the price and the whole expert thing......

I don't get it.  Are they prepping the new 'cast' for the next season?  Or just regular people who might end up in jail?  Is this the dumbest thing ever .... or again, do I just not 'get it?'

Shouldn't they be a little more undercover? Sorry.  This whole thing sounds ridiculous.

• Useful 1

well, I think these guys want to cash in on their notoriety--apparently all of these guys have been on TV before, but the thought that someone who is paying big bucks to a defense attorney can afford this "expert" help is laughable.

and by the way LOL!! just read the comment about Robert advising how to get constipated in jail. Im so immature!!

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I guess they're going to explain to someone, who's sentenced to jail time, exactly what could happen in there.  There's something very strange about this; is this real or a joke?  If it's real, I can't blame a person for wanting to strike while the iron is hot.

I think it looks fake too- very odd

• Love 1