Type keyword(s) to search

Great article with BH90210 writer/producer for seasons 4-7

• Start Topic

I've read this before but I caught so much more on the reread.  Man, this guy doesn't pull any punches does he? I wonder if we can start telling when the actors have had enough and are just phoning it in?  I can see it was BAG already this season. 

15 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

I've read this before but I caught so much more on the reread.  Man, this guy doesn't pull any punches does he? I wonder if we can start telling when the actors have had enough and are just phoning it in?  I can see it was BAG already this season. 

Yeah BAG admitted as such in a podcast somewhere. He said that it was all just about the money and getting paid after a while. I mean look at the story lines they gave him. Can't blame him. 

5 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

Yeah BAG admitted as such in a podcast somewhere. He said that it was all just about the money and getting paid after a while. I mean look at the story lines they gave him. Can't blame him. 

I hope that hasn't already started though... since he did it for 6 more years! 

2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

His storylines do increase somewhat next season onward though, right?

They do. And they get less annoying I think? 

He buys the AfterDark (or at least a share of it) after his grandfather dies and he gets left with money.  He starts getting really hyper and it's briefly thought he might have mental illness like his mother (she's another storyline of his coming up).

18 hours ago, AndySmith said:

His storylines do increase somewhat next season onward though, right?

His mother is probably the only thing I guess. He was involved with Valerie so there are storylines there. He really didn't get much of storylines compared to the cast. 

15 hours ago, Lisin said:

I hope that hasn't already started though... since he did it for 6 more years! 

They do. And they get less annoying I think? 

Probably started in a couple of seasons? I don't know. 

I'm trying to think of his story lines. All I can get was

- Dating Clare

- That Lenny dude

- The After Dark but that was more Valerie, Ray and Donna.

- His mother in Portland

- His mother again.

- Valerie's stupid thing that led her to be dumped.

- Him going crazy.

- Donna's virginity.

That's it. Didn't really get much material. Donna got a lot of material Season 5 onwards. 

• Love 1

Some of that interview was really, really gross. The whole bit where he describe's TAT's arrival on the show and how BAG was put out because LP and JP would be feeling her up. Because even though they are really, really great guys, they felt like as stars they deserved to be super handsy with any of the women on the show they wanted to touch. And the women could complain if they wanted but mostly they just put up and shut up so they'd be liked on set. Yeuch!

It has made me wonder what impact that sort of toxic environment had on SD and JG's relationship. When people are treated like crap and feel powerless it can make them turn on each other as a way of exorcising their anger, hurt and frustration. I wonder if something like that happened on the 90210 set?

• Love 1

I'm not sure if the toxic environment can be blamed, given that SD reportedly was feuding with half the cast...and even the ones who she wasn't feuding with seemed to be exasperated at her more than anything.

2 hours ago, AllyB said:

Some of that interview was really, really gross. The whole bit where he describe's TAT's arrival on the show and how BAG was put out because LP and JP would be feeling her up. Because even though they are really, really great guys, they felt like as stars they deserved to be super handsy with any of the women on the show they wanted to touch. And the women could complain if they wanted but mostly they just put up and shut up so they'd be liked on set. Yeuch!

It has made me wonder what impact that sort of toxic environment had on SD and JG's relationship. When people are treated like crap and feel powerless it can make them turn on each other as a way of exorcising their anger, hurt and frustration. I wonder if something like that happened on the 90210 set?

Yeah, it's a pretty gross article, what with the sexual harassment and the shit Aaron Spelling pulled blackballing people. I get the impression that SD is a serious professional who just wants to get her shit done and is not lenient with those who are unprofessional. It's almost like she had too much experience and her co-stars not enough, and she got frustrated with that.

Shannen came off to be as a serious professional who had some issues to me . The only person I never heard bad things coming out of their mouth regarding SD was BAG. The cast did either shit on her professionally but didn't dislike her as a person or disliked her as a person. Jennie I read was a jerk to most of the girls like Tiffani, Emma, Swank, and Vanessa. 

Man, reading that and I feel pretty awful for the women like with that attitude people had and I feel like of bad for BAG. Seeing your girlfriend felt up like that while filming and you're on the same show. Yeah, that would be gross and feel gross.

This interview is kind of gross. 

I feel that there is a professional line that real actors have regarding love scenes (like no tongue kissing and only touching when directed to) that these creeps didn't follow.  We know Tori would just go for the gold on her kissing scenes.  I thought based on the TV movie that Fox had a "no feeling up" clause in the show.  By today's network standards, it so tame... I think we just saw Val in a bra and the whole "whew! We just had sex now I'll wrap myself tightly in a sheet" move.

The blackballing of an actor or producer is just messed up.  These are peoples lives. 

As for Tori, isn't she messed up because her mom refused to give her any money after she hooked up with the creepy Dean? They've got 4 kids together and are struggling to pay bills.  I'm surprised the mom didn't just give a trust for the grandkids and set up a living situation that the kids could use, but can't be touched by Tori or Dean.  I'm the lone female in my house, so I rarely get to watch Lifetime.  But wasn't Tori totally exposing her life for multiple reality shows in order to get some money?

who was the guy that shannen introduced tori to that aaron didn't like? how was shannen supposed to know the guy would do that to tori ? aaron couldn't have been that mad because he hired shannen for charmed

There was a decent amount of time in between the time Shannon was gone from 90210 and her joining Charmed for them to have smoothed things over. It's not like Charmed happened a year after Shannon was let go from 90210.