Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Lillian's Wedding

Dodo!  So happy to see that crazy woman again.  Although I was kind of confused when she said she had good news for Beatrice.  I thought she was going to say that Beatrice and Frederick weren't actually blood siblings.  Was the good news about the whole baptism stuff?  Speaking of which, hi, Jemaine Clement!  Almost didn't recognize him.

Saw Lillian's hubby croaking from a mile away.  Would be hilarious if Bertram ends up getting everything as the next-of-kin, especially if he's with Hortense.  But Hortense isn't barren; she got pregnant from her tryst with the Commodore's associate last season.  Although I figure Lillian doesn't know that.

10 hours ago, Amethyst said:

Dodo!  So happy to see that crazy woman again.  Although I was kind of confused when she said she had good news for Beatrice.  I thought she was going to say that Beatrice and Frederick weren't actually blood siblings.  Was the good news about the whole baptism stuff?  Speaking of which, hi, Jemaine Clement!  Almost didn't recognize him.

The American accent threw me for a bit.

Anyway, I think the "good news" was actually "Good News." Capitalized.  Which I think is religious. News for the Lord and all that jazz.

I think this was my favorite episode of the season.  I loved Beatrice and Frederick's song.  The priest.  The suicide baptism.  The return of Dodo and Andrew Rennels.  IT was just fun.

• Love 2

Great seeing Dodo again!  I'm sure a lot of her absence was because of Paget Brewster doing Grandfathered during this time, but I was missing her a lot.  While it's sad for the fans of the other show, I'm hoping that cancelation could mean she'll get more to do next season.  Surprised that Dodo seems to be down with the nunnery, unless this is all an act.  Jemaine Clement was cracking me up as the priest.  Enjoyed all of that; especially the priest dodging all of Beatrice's questions, because he really didn't have a good answer for almost all of them.

Fredreick getting blackmailed by Taft over his incest, only to come out ahead, by Celery making him apologize and then leading the "anti-incest" organization, was both hilarious and surprisingly not that far off from what a lot of politicians do now.  Along with him actually blaming Beatrice for his urges.  Shame on you, Fredrick!  Not sure how long he can keep it up though, since he truly does love Beatrice.  After that epic song, there is no way to come back from it!  Obviously knew Riki could sing, but Jason Ritter was pretty good in it too.

Totally knew Lillian's would-be husband was going to croak before the ceremony ended. I wonder if this is setting it up for Hortense and the grandson to work-out instead, and she ends up saving the Bellacourt household instead.  That would be ironic.

Noticed this was one of the rare episodes that didn't have Peepers.  Must have been the rare week they didn't need him or Michael Ian Black actually had another gig.

• Love 3

OK that song was hilarious, but I kept wondering if that was really Jason Ritter and Riki Lindhome singing. It didn't sound like it, in the case of the latter. 

"It's very important for the church to control women's bodies."

"Carmel nurges."

• Love 2

Comedy Central has been advertising a "3-part season finale". As far as I can tell, those 3 episodes are episodes 9, 10, and 11. (Yes, for some reason the show has an 11-episode season this year instead of 10). Episode 10 airs next Wednesday the 17th, but as far as I can tell there's no episode airing on the 24th. Anyone have any idea when the final 11th episode will air?

Edit: Actually, looking at CC's online schedule I guess the 11th episode will air on the 24th. It's just not showing on my DVR listings for some reason. Incidentally, don't look at the episode title for this episode if you want to avoid spoilers.

Edited by Phishbulb
On 8/12/2016 at 0:29 AM, Irlandesa said:

I loved Beatrice and Frederick's song. 

I don't know how they could sing that without cracking up. I love ridiculous songs.

Glad to see Dodo again. 

My feral Americans,... ha ha ha ha ha.

• Love 2
On 8/12/2016 at 11:26 AM, iMonrey said:

OK that song was hilarious, but I kept wondering if that was really Jason Ritter and Riki Lindhome singing. It didn't sound like it, in the case of the latter.

I don't know why Rikki wouldn't be singing.  She's part of a comedy singing duo, Garfunkel & Oates. It definitely sounds like her.  And I think it sounds like Jason too.

• Love 3

I've just discovered this show, and love them all, but this one was the best by far! The song was hilarious. Grandma Lillian! 

Edited by Janc
  • Love 2