Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Seth Meyers's Strongly Worded Message To Bernie Or Bust-ers On Late Night

I read a comment on Twitter the other day, and it went something like, "Bernie Sanders is finding out that when you start a revolution, you can't just end it at will."

A lot of the messages to Bernie supporters (including Seth's here) are coming off as peer pressure at best, and bullying at their worst. Everyone should vote their conscience and... that's about the end of it.

Not my election so I'm trying to bite my tongue but I agree. I get and understand the message, and do agree with it. But the tone taken on by so many has been so antagonizing, it's bordering on ridiculous. You want that voting bloc, appeal to them, don't presume they'll back you and tell them to get in line.

(edited)

How can you appeal to people who genuinely believe as one person commented on the video "Hillary is arguably worse than Trump"? There's no reasoning with that. They either don't think there will be serious ramifications of Trump being president or worse, they don't care.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3

I had an interesting conversation with a Bernie or Buster this week. I said, "wouldn't it make sense to vote for the person who can help Bernie and other progressives get stuff done?" Her response was, "this no longer involves Bernie at all." I suggested they change the name of the movement. Maybe "Busters?" 

Apologies if I'm repeating myself, I feel like I already typed this somewhere. It was an aha moment for me.

• Love 2
On 7/30/2016 at 9:21 PM, BoogieBurns said:

I had an interesting conversation with a Bernie or Buster this week. I said, "wouldn't it make sense to vote for the person who can help Bernie and other progressives get stuff done?" Her response was, "this no longer involves Bernie at all." I suggested they change the name of the movement. Maybe "Busters?" 

Apologies if I'm repeating myself, I feel like I already typed this somewhere. It was an aha moment for me.

I would love to know what they want and if they feel just by Trump being elected he would shake things up. But I don't want to hijack this thread because it's not the place.

Just love Seth and the closer looks.

• Love 1