Type keyword(s) to search

AMC Has Renewed Turn For A Fourth And Final Season

I am brand new to the show via Netflix. I'm honestly not sure what to think. I really like Hewlitt, Selah, Ben and Caleb. But I really *don't* particularly like Abe or Anna, and they are really the two "main" characters. I would watch the heck out of this if it were Caleb, Ben and Selah on adventures. And I like Burn Gorman. But otherwise, I'm kinda on the fence, still. However, since I started it, I will likely finish it unless I get truly bored. Hope that there is more Selah in the last season, since I have read he's barely in 2 and 3. Oh, and Ensign Baker. Andre, too. I like all them. Just don't care for Abe/Anna, to the point of almost active dislike.

Aaargh.  I have such mixed feelings about this show.  On the one hand, I love history, and I love this time period.  On the other hand, I find this show so dreadfully slow and tedious.  At times, it truly feels like a chore to watch.  It doesn't help that I truly dislike Abe, and he is supposed to be the main protagonist that we are rooting for, so that's a problem.  Wish he had died last season.

I assume much of the plot of Season 4 is going to involve Benedict Arnold fighting for the British.  I don't care for the character at all.  I do enjoy Peggy, but now that Andre is gone, I can't really imagine what role she is going to have in this next season.   I thought it was great that the show really demonstrated how she was the mastermind behind Arnold's betrayal, but I'm not even sure if that was historically accurate.  We know that the triangle with Andre and Arnold was completely manufactured, so maybe they will make up some new storylines for her.

As long as they are making up history, I really hope that season 4 ends with high-talker Simcoe's death.  I refuse to believe that this man becomes so integral to Canadian history.  The one onscreen just has to be some guy who happens to share the same name.  The unnaturally high pitched voice is the start of many of my annoyances about this character.  I have to believe that this is an "acting choice" by the actor, and if so, I find it a strange one.  Just as with the high-pitched Moriarty on "Sherlock"... are these actors suggesting that a high-pitched voice means psychotic and deranged?