Type keyword(s) to search

Artistic Gymnastics: Stick the Landing!

2 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

How long till the women start trying the handspring triple front? Next worlds?

they can barely land the two. eeeek

1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

Heh...ass first landing, but needed more arm flailing.

Yes, that was a code whore vault.

I think i get the hand of Code Whore Elements. Great Difficulty bad execution but good points?

LOL and an airplane twirl for the crowd. 
15.499! he's tied with Kenzo!

Screw off FIG. ties are cool. Marian is 2nd due to the tiebreaker.

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 1

Yeah how do tiebreakers work?  Lowest and Highest get dropped, lowest only?  I'm trying to remember from the 2008 Nastia Liukin/He Kexin debacle.

Holy North Korea batman!

Edited by kittykat
  • Love 1
Just now, kittykat said:

Yeah how to tiebreakers work.  Lowest and Highest get dropped, lowest only?  I'm trying to remember from the 2008 Nastia Liukin/He Kexin debacle.

Kyle said it's down to execution scores. 
(which would be tied to the highest/lowest i'd think). 

15.691 for the North Korean guy

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DawnDavenport said:

So he just did a "piked" Drags. vault but tucked on the last somersault. Why don't they downgrade him to the standard tuck? If a vault is under twisted they downgrade and take deductions. Doesn't seem fair.

Because that's logical, Dawn.  it wasn't a pike, it was a tuck, so judge him for the tuck. 

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Kyle said it's down to execution scores. 

The online commentators said it goes by the higher of their two individual vault scores.

Whoa -- Oleg!

Edited by Rinaldo

15.137 for Tomas (5th).  Only Oleg and Denis left.

Just now, DawnDavenport said:

So Dear Leader will not send Ri o the glue factory for not winning. He might only get hard labor for not getting perfect scores.

Glorious Leader shows great kindness.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Rinaldo said:

The online commentators said it goes by the higher of their two individual vault scores.

hm. so i guess  that's the rule for other events. (makes sense to do it based on the higher of two vaults). thanks for the correct. 

hmm. big jump on that 2nd vault for Oleg. 

Kenzo's getting a medal for sure now.  

I like Denis but I don't want him knocking Marian off. 

15.6 for his 1st fault.  Teaaaammm Draaaammaaaa!

Edited by kittykat

I've learned to love Oleg for his instant philosophical reactions to not doing as well as he'd hoped. A few days ago, when he was in the running for gold and at the very last moment didn't get it, he immediately smiled at the camera with a "that's the way the cookie crumbles" shrug.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

they can barely land the two. eeeek

But it will have a D-score of 8.0 so someone will end up with a World bronze medal for barely touching feet first with a 7.5 E-score. Nellie Kim will be so proud since she hates artistry over difficulty. She's still bitter about '76 and this is her revenge.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

But it will have a D-score of 8.0 so someone will end up with a World bronze medal for barely touching feet first with a 7.5 E-score. Nellie Kim will be so proud since she hates artistry over difficulty. She's still bitter about '76 and this is her revenge.

I don't understand this reference. 
but if Nellie Kim is responsible for this, screw you, Nellie Kim. 

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

I don't understand this reference. 
but if Nellie Kim is responsible for this, screw you, Nellie Kim. 

Nellie Kim lost the '76 AA to Nadia and is partly responsible for overseeing implementation of the code after '04 that emphasized difficulty over execution and artistry.

2 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

Nellie Kim lost the '76 AA to Nadia and is partly responsible for overseeing implementation of the code after '04 that emphasized difficulty over execution and artistry.

gurrrrr. thanks, Nellie. thanks a whole heap.