Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

(edited)

Where exactly are we supposed to discuss the prep classes and if Sam/Victoria will audition this year?

Also what the heck are they doing to CMT's website?  I can only watch season 11 and none of my bookmarked episodes work.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
On 1/7/2017 at 9:45 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

PREACH IT.  lol  One of the main things I've had to deal with after years of tons of cardio.  My cortisol levels were so high I was clinging to every piece of fat, not to mention it was hard to sleep which in turn causes more weight gain.  I swear these girls do so much cardio it ends up backfiring. 

@LaurenBrook are you saying that the cardio caused your cortisol levels to rise?

Too much cardio can put your body into a constant state of 'fight or flight' - cortisol can be a good thing but not too much of it in your system (stores as fat).   Cardio is still great and VERY important - the trend these days seems to be 'ew cardio, so uncool' and sorry, it's important for your health.  But don't do what I did, like 7 days a week, double digit runs all the time, etc.  Yipes. 

And I love ACV - I put two tablespoons into about 6 oz of water and mix in some lemon juice.  I hold my nose while I chug.  I used to get...certain infections lol...quite a lot.  Haven't ever since I started taking ACV on the reg (a year and a half now).  Did it make me lose 10 pounds tho? I WISH.

• Love 1

Weight training takes longer to see results :) And you have to lift HEAVY and actually eat to make gainz lol  I fought it for yearssss because I just wanted to burn all the calories with my 16 mile runs but eventually my body adapted, I hit 30 lol, and well, time to build muscle so that I can burn more while just sitting.  

But agree - at the end of the day, bodies are WEIRD!!! 

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

All the Rockette talk has made me think of this, has anyone read about what's going on with the inauguration? I guess the part time Rockettes have the choice of performing or not. One said she wouldn't be comfortable in her uniform standing next to Trump. Ha! It just cracks me up that Americans invest THIS much in entertainment. It's like, this big thing now..."But what do THE ROCKETTES think?!". Wonder if Kelli would volunteer to throw in the DCCs instead......ha!

I still think a bunch of them will dance at inauguration.  Even though it's "voluntary", is it really though?  If you don't do it, I feel like there are going to be subtle paybacks happening going forward.  It's like when my boss says I can take the call from home ... in reality, they will likely look at me more favorably if I stay late and soldier on, taking the call from work. 

Right now they have a mostly minority choir singing and that opera kid too right?  I heard there were talks of another star studded event being put together to drive ratings away from inauguration?  Don't know if that's true though.

15 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Exactly, and that's just what one of them said, that they were scared of losing their job if they didn't go.

dude it's why I came into work today even though I can do everything I need to do today at home ...

4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

But don't do what I did, like 7 days a week, double digit runs all the time, etc.  Yipes. 

That's precisely what I did & at age 46 lost 35 pounds while eating burgers, pizza, and wings.  Different people have different results.  For example, weight training has never done a damn thing for me.

• Love 2

Well, yes, that's what I'm asking tho - I certainly agree that tons of cardio can help you eat whatever.  But usually it's hard to keep up with.  I'm just curious as to whether you guys are still doing that much cardio and eating all the junk food and losing weight? If so - GOD BLESS I AM SO JEALOUS!! :-D  For me, I've had better results eating what I want once I built more muscle base and did more specific intense cardio instead of the two a days and long steady state.  that's all I'm saying!

3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Wow, and you've kept it up all this time and still have those results? Definitely impressive! 

Well...haven't exactly kept up THAT pace (I watch what I eat more carefully now), but running hasn't had a negative effect on my weight.  My body has always LOVED cardio and pretty much hates everything else :)

• Love 1
Just now, ByTor said:

Well...haven't exactly kept up THAT pace (I watch what I eat more carefully now), but running hasn't had a negative effect on my weight.  My body has always LOVED cardio and pretty much hates everything else :)

that's awesome then! i still think the best exercise is the one you are going to keep up with! :) 

• Love 2

If the rockettes don't perform, they'll lose their jobs and Trump will tweet about them turning his followers against them. They'll lose business if they don't perform.

51 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I did two a day cardio sessions and lived on McDonald's. Lost 40 lbs in a couple months. Weight training does ZERO for me either.

This is why I've always said that I would be screwed if I were told I'd have to do a Jay workout.  I know the TCCs who had to do Jay workouts were always given the side-eye when they weren't really losing weight, but I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't lose a whole hell of a lot from his routines!

Speaking of your McDonald's diet @QuiteContraryMoni, did you ever watch Supersize Me?  While I do agree that an all-McDonald's diet with the supersizing isn't healthy, it bugged me that you have this guy who went from eating vegan & working out to eating McDonald's and doing nothing physical (going as far as taking a subway or cab for a couple blocks instead of walking).  I understand his point was to try to be like "most Americans", but I think eating McDonald's with all else being the same would have been a better comparison, and I'd really be interested in what his results would have been.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

That's precisely what I did & at age 46 lost 35 pounds while eating burgers, pizza, and wings.  Different people have different results.  For example, weight training has never done a damn thing for me.

ditto this ... but now all I do is HIIT and barre and eat burgers, pizza and wings.  I've only gained weight despite HIITing it every darn day (because I'm not running like a beast...).  For me running is the ultimate in dropping weight.  Probably the only thing since I'm incapable of changing my diet.

BTW, slightly off topic, I'm eating a chocolate donut that's bigger than my ---- and I started licking the knife (it's so big I have to cut it into slices and the chocolate frosting stuck onto the knife...can't waste frosting, that's a sin).  I now have several small cuts on my tongue from licking chocolate off the knife.  Sigh.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I just wanted to burn all the calories with my 16 mile runs

....holy shit @LaurenBrook ?

I'm trying to get back down where I want to be but I was in the best shape of my life when I was running 7 miles a day.  I got an injury and had to stop and gained a lot back unfortunately - been doing 3.5 miles of HIIT and will be weight training again soon, so hoping for some good results.  And I'm determined, but 16 miles would eat me for breakfast lol

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

High Intensity Interval Training.  It's classes like Barrys Bootcamp etc where you alternate between high intensity brief cardio bursts and strength training

Gotcha!

17 minutes ago, raindancer said:

....holy shit @LaurenBrook ?

I'm trying to get back down where I want to be but I was in the best shape of my life when I was running 7 miles a day.  I got an injury and had to stop and gained a lot back unfortunately - been doing 3.5 miles of HIIT and will be weight training again soon, so hoping for some good results.  And I'm determined, but 16 miles would eat me for breakfast lol

haha! i keep my runs between 6-10 miles now and it suits me fine.  It amazes me I used to run double digits multiple times a week...rarely got injured either.  I even did a couple 20 mile runs, 30ks, marathon...no interest in that now!!! 

• Love 1

I fractured my shin doing clubbercise like a year ago (clubbercise: twatting about with glow sticks in the dark) and now if I run for more than a mile it throbs and throbs and I can't walk on it the next couple of days. But turns out being totally stressed all.the.time works too! ? if I actually ate right and exercised I'd be so hot. Like I'm not gonna do it but can you imagine!

• Love 4

clubbercise????  seriously, I love that lol!

I exercise a good amount - an hour of HIIT a day and sometimes double exercise on weekends (HIIT and yoga or HIIT And barre).  Nada.  Still can't fit into jeans and still super soft in tummy, waist, thighs, and arms. 

Maybe I should stop eating this donut ... nyah

• Love 1

The thing with the Supersize guy, is his goal was to eat everything on the McD menu at least once, so he was also eating the salads, etc. plus every time they asked him if he wanted to supersize he would let them.

He didn't finish the menu nor the month, because he was gaining so much weight and also having heart and blood pressure issues, fatigue, joint paint, brain fog, etc.

I thought I did remember him finishing the month.  I just checked with IMDB, and according to the synopsis he was advised to quit after 21 days but did make it to 30.  Also according to the synopsis, it took him 9 days to sample everything on the menu:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/synopsis

He must fully consume three McDonald's meals per day (at breakfast, lunch, and dinner time). He must sample every item on the McDonald's menu at least once over the course of the 30 days (he managed this in nine days).

In Day 21, Spurlock has heart palpitations. Consultation with his concerned internist, Dr. Daryl Isaacs advises him to stop what he is doing immediately to avoid any serious health problems. He compares Spurlock with the protagonist played by Nicolas Cage in the movie Leaving Las Vegas who deliberately drinks himself to death over a similar time period. Despite this warning, Spurlock decides to continue the experiment.

Spurlock makes it to day 30 and achieves his goal.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Sam is away at college and won't be auditioning and Victoria can't audition (age) until 2018 or 2019. We asked Shelly B in the Q&A string. I personally am putting prep class questions under current DCCs.

I can access back to season 1 but can't sign in or create an account to view vids. I think they're working on their site. They need to work harder. It's shit now.

for some weird reason, I can't imagine K wanting her daughter to join DCC.  Maybe I'm cray but sometimes I get the feeling she wants to push her daughter down another path... but then again, I don't know any of these people so maybe I'm just spewing nonsense

• Love 3
1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

It's out of stock though. :-( Why would they make so few??

Who knows =/ maybe write to them at the star lol

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Dammit, I WILL!! AND about the barbies!

Barbies are Mattel so the Cowboys organization has nothing to do with that. It makes sense though as they make so many new dolls each year.  It been ten years (in August) since the dolls debut so that’s a good amount of time...right?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

When you're cleaning your cupboard to move and you find a stray muscle relaxer pill you didn't know about.

happy.JPG

stopppp I'm dying! The worst picture ever, Megan is really so pretty. Who decided to publish this?!

I dunno but it KILLS me every time. SO bad. And she's freaking STUNNING. I was rifling through the girls cameos and she just....wow. And in her cameo she just looks so shapely. I'd punch anyone who said she looks fat in her cameo. She's just so feminine and pretty in it. This is the actual face I made when I found my downer, so I thought it appropriate.

Seriously. She's one of the prettiest brunettes on the team.

OK. I gotta know (anyone can participate! I'm curious!)

Prettiest blonde DCC ever:

Prettiest brunette DCC ever:

Prettiest not-white DCC ever (this isn't meant to be un-PC, but the DCC are more than just white girls, and most have much darker hair, so there's that!):

TCC you're saddest that didn't make it:

Least fave DCC EVAH!:

Prettiest Blonde: oh man probably Whitney or Holly Arielle

Brunette: Ashton Torres

Non-white: Jackie Bob or Mia

TCC: Kelsey up until this year when she made it lol

Least fave: I honestly don't have one.

Oh gosh...this is like picking a favorite star in the sky LOL  I'm only going with like, since the show has been on. I don't know ones before that well at all. 

Prettiest blonde DCC ever: I really can't say EVER...but I think Holly Arielle is flawless.  I feel like I've never seen a bad picture of her. She epitomizes DCC beauty to me.  

Prettiest brunette DCC ever: Love Ashton...Katy Marie was also just gorgeous. 

Prettiest not-white DCC ever (this isn't meant to be un-PC, but the DCC are more than just white girls, and most have much darker hair, so there's that!):  Jacie. She has the most amazing bone structure. 

TCC you're saddest that didn't make it: I loved Kaitlynn Johnson! (spelling?)  She was just the cutest and seemed like such a nice girl.  I always wanted her to come back. I'm also in the minority but I also really like Meghan Gonzales (I believe that was her name).  She was the beautiful technical dancer that Kelli said looked 'muddy' and I thought she was so gorgeous. 

Least fave DCC EVAH!: I have to think about this one...I feel like even people I dislike at first I end up liking eventually.

What about our red heads?! Love Olivia and Emma! Though I guess we can never be sure who is a REAL redhead LOL ! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

OK. I gotta know (anyone can participate! I'm curious!)

Prettiest blonde DCC ever:

Prettiest brunette DCC ever:

Prettiest not-white DCC ever (this isn't meant to be un-PC, but the DCC are more than just white girls, and most have much darker hair, so there's that!):

TCC you're saddest that didn't make it:

Least fave DCC EVAH!:

I tried soooo hard to pick just one but 

Blonde: Alex Hermes, Kali, Kinzie or Schrammy!! 

Brunette: MARY MARY MARY 

non-white: Mia or Sasha agent

TCC: Taylor from 2015 

least fave: Erica (Jenkins?) redhead from ages ago. Don't ask me why I don't even know. Just bleh 

fave redhead EMMA ?

Prettiest blonde DCC ever: Kali

Prettiest brunette DCC ever: Ashton

Prettiest not-white DCC ever: Deryn Derbigny

TCC you're saddest that didn't make it: Meagan Flaherty...and I have the unpopular opinion of thinking she was a good dancer & would have been fine

Least fave DCC EVAH!: Jinelle

Redhead:  Meredith Oden

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I dunno but it KILLS me every time. SO bad. And she's freaking STUNNING. I was rifling through the girls cameos and she just....wow. And in her cameo she just looks so shapely. I'd punch anyone who said she looks fat in her cameo. She's just so feminine and pretty in it. This is the actual face I made when I found my downer, so I thought it appropriate.

Not to be mean (but you would appreciate it lol) but I can totally picture her as a fat lady in a muumuu

8 hours ago, PBSLover said:

So RadishCake - I am posting this here as it makes the most sense.  Can you start the thread Unpopular Opinions?  I don’t know if we are allowed to do that.  Please advise.  Thank You!!!!!

It was started and I've posted a mod not over there. :)

• Love 1