Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i love it when holly does IG live!! the fact that she does it fairly often and really tries to engage with people is another reason why i love her and why she is one of the few DCCs that seems like a friend (as silly as that sounds lol) 

Totally agree!  She even answers the creepy people ones (like will you marry me etc). 

I don't feel like this crop of DCC are very engaging with their social media fans - I rarely see them responding to fan.  Occasionally they will retweet but I miss the days of friendlier DCC like Morgan and Jenn.  Thank goodness we still have Holly!

7 hours ago, ByTor said:

There are instances at the end where I feel bad for her, but she only gets worse.  I can't help but have a soft spot for Jr. though :)

Did you watch more than once?  If you did, I'm curious if your opinion changed on anybody.  I loved Jesse on my 1st viewing, but by the 3rd he worked my last nerve!

I think I've watched the entire series through at least four times, most recently a couple months ago. The three characters that I don't hate are Jesse, Mike, and Hank. I would list Saul here, but what actually made me love him was "Better Call Saul."

I wouldn't say my opinion of anyone has ever changed, but strangely in this last viewing Skyler didn't bother me AS MUCH. I guess when you know all the awful things Walter is going to do, it makes you empathize a little more with her premedatatively

28 minutes ago, Silverleaf said:

Me! Me! I'm a huge game of thrones fan!

Same, I'm so excited for season 7 ? 

12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

@Oranaiche, how do you like BCS so far this season??  I'm enjoying it a lot!

Not that you asked me but I'm really enjoying this season, I loved the bar courtroom scene.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

Not that you asked me but I'm really enjoying this season, I loved the bar courtroom scene.

Certainly anybody is welcome to answer! :)  I'm tempted to say I prefer Breaking Bad, but they're hard shows to compare since they're quite different.  I had no idea that Michael McKean is such a good dramatic actor!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I'm shamed to admit that I'm gearing up for Big Brother

I have a friend who looks forward to Big Brother every year for his annual summertime mindless entertainment, and he doesn't give a crap who knows it! :)

• Love 1
Just now, ByTor said:

I have a friend who looks forward to Big Brother every year for his annual summertime mindless entertainment, and he doesn't give a crap who knows it! :)

HAHA! Since he had the bravery to come out, so shall I! It's just brainless, inconsequential drivel that gets me through until football season. I never remember the previous year's contestants, I never remember who won, I never remember how much I hated/loved anyone, but when I'm watching it, I'm INTO it LOL!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

@Oranaiche, how do you like BCS so far this season??  I'm enjoying it a lot!

This season is great so far, although I haven't watched the last one or two episodes (been watching "Big Little Lies," but we only have one more episode of that). I loved the courtroom episode and thought it was such a well done canned episode. I usually hate episodes like that. For example I have always found the "Fly" episode of BB kind of boring. Important, with funny moments, but overall boring.

51 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

Same, I'm so excited for season 7 ? 

Same! Hadn't even read this yet when I wrote the above, haha. Might have been my favorite episode of the season so far. I just about wet myself over the appearance of skinny Huell.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

This season is great so far, although I haven't watched the last one or two episodes (been watching "Big Little Lies," but we only have one more episode of that). I loved the courtroom episode and thought it was such a well done canned episode. I usually hate episodes like that. For example I have always found the "Fly" episode of BB kind of boring. Important, with funny moments, but overall boring.

Same! Hadn't even read this yet when I wrote the above, haha. Might have been my favorite episode of the season so far. I just about wet myself over the appearance of skinny Huell.

OOOO whaddya think of it?! I've been wanting to check that out!

14 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Omg I am an addict!!!!!!!!  BB is life 

HAHA!! YESSSS!!!

BB= Breaking Bad

BB= Big Brother

I'm SO glad I'll have someone to shoot the shit with about this season!

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

I just about wet myself over the appearance of skinny Huell.

Me too!!!

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

I have always found the "Fly" episode of BB kind of boring.

Same.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Guys, Harlots is really good on Hulu if you're into period shows.

I have Netflix & Amazon Prime, so no Hulu!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Me too!!!

Same.

I have Netflix & Amazon Prime, so no Hulu!

Get hulu! I promise if you try the free month you'll like it. I may not renew after the free month since the shows should be over by then.

24 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Get hulu! I promise if you try the free month you'll like it. I may not renew after the free month since the shows should be over by then.

Good timing! :)

My sister has Hulu, but doesn't pay the extra to get no ads.  She's sticking with it because of Nashville.

Good timing! :)

My sister has Hulu, but doesn't pay the extra to get no ads.  She's sticking with it because of Nashville.

Yeah, I don't think i'd pay the extra. Their ads are like not even a minute.

2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

OOOO whaddya think of it?! I've been wanting to check that out!

It's good! The characters are all annoying as fuck in their own right, but it's an entertaining clusterfuck to be sure.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

I'll be good as long as there's no Frankie 

OK so with the whole arianna horror show in England I thought of him. And how much I loathe him.

WAIT! I mean, OBVIOUSLY, and how horrified I am and sickened and disheartened by yet another slaughter of innocent people by POS hateful mentally ill whack job lunatics!!

Edited by QuiteCalM
Clarifying that I'm not a complete monster
  • Love 2

Ooh!  Ooh!  I love Big Brother!  Don't ya just love to stragize what YOU would do?  And better?  We had CBS the online subscription last year, and I even watched the live feeds.  Disappointing.  They were a boring group.  Meh.

Game of Thrones...(faints...revives). I love it.  The possibility of  Brianne and Tormund makes my heart skip a best.

as long as I am coming out, I should admit I am a Survivor Junkie too!

IMG_1904.PNG

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I am currently watching Iyanla Fix My Life and I'm a fucking inconsolable blubbering puddle.

Anyone remember a show quite a few years ago, early 2000s, called Starting Over?  It had Iyanla and I can't remember the other lady's name, but I watched it all the time. 

Update:  Her name was Rhonda.

Edited by Dopeydwarf
remembered the name.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

Ooh!  Ooh!  I love Big Brother!  Don't ya just love to stragize what YOU would do?  And better?  We had CBS the online subscription last year, and I even watched the live feeds.  Disappointing.  They were a boring group.  Meh.

Game of Thrones...(faints...revives). I love it.  The possibility of  Brianne and Tormund makes my heart skip a best.

as long as I am coming out, I should admit I am a Survivor Junkie too!

IMG_1904.PNG

Aw punkin, we ARE your tribe! I love this xoxo

1 hour ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Anyone remember a show quite a few years ago, early 2000s, called Starting Over?  It had Iyanla and I can't remember the other lady's name, but I watched it all the time. 

Update:  Her name was Rhonda.

I LOVED that show!! OMG I can't believe you remember that! The Starting Over house!! Iyanla and Oprah had it out a while back, and now Iyanla has a show on OWN. I LOVE this show though LOL!!

49 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

I would like to think I would play smart but really I would probably cry every day and go psycho like Audrey or vanessa

I'd be a fucking mess...but I'd NEVER be RACHEL. Can I tell you the seething hatred I have for Rachel? She reminds me of my husband's filthy niece whose talents include calling herself "princess", talking about herself in the third person, and DUI's.

I realize I just went off on a tangent. Sorry.

@Oranaiche you get yourself banned and I'll....have to get going on that plan that I've been too lazy to address lately...LOL!!

• Love 1

I remembered that Syd was doing that sports illustrated model search thing, so I started looking at who she's in competition with, and ran across this girl @stephmi.  Nothing says "grown ass woman" like Hello Kitty on your bum.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I remembered that Syd was doing that sports illustrated model search thing, so I started looking at who she's in competition with, and ran across this girl @stephmi.  Nothing says "grown ass woman" like Hello Kitty on your bum.

That is ratchet. I have no other words.

• Love 1

I watched Big Brother faithfully many years ago.  I tried to watch The Bachelorette, but only saw Trista's & Kaitlyn's seasons.  I can't get into that show, all those men pursuing one woman gives me a vibe of several men ganging up on a woman to assault her, even though rationally I know that's not how it is. 

• Love 1

I watched Big Brother faithfully many years ago.  I tried to watch The Bachelorette, but only saw Trista's & Kaitlyn's seasons.  I can't get into that show, all those men pursuing one woman gives me a vibe of several men ganging up on a woman to assault her, even though rationally I know that's not how it is. 

Eww Yeah. I can't with that show. It's just dumb and gross to me. 

16 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

I'll be good as long as there's no Frankie 

AAAAAAAMMMMEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Husband and I love to make fun of how dumb they are.

"Oh my Gosh. He looked at me. He thinks I am next. He has to go."

• Love 1

Regarding the comment @QuiteCalM made about looks/attitude reminds me of a nighttime news show (I think it was 20/20) I saw a while back where they did a little social experiment.  They were at a bar with a hidden camera & brought 2 women; one was a professional model, the other was cute but a bit on the chunky side.  The model sat there with a bitch face & a Debbie downer demeanor...men would approach her but didn't stick around to talk to her.  The other woman, however, was all smiles & very friendly, and by the end of the night there was a whole group, men & women, having a good time with her.  Granted, they went to extremes with the personalities, but the "average" woman did have people actually interested in getting to know her.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Regarding the comment @QuiteCalM made about looks/attitude reminds me of a nighttime news show (I think it was 20/20) I saw a while back where they did a little social experiment.  They were at a bar with a hidden camera & brought 2 women; one was a professional model, the other was cute but a bit on the chunky side.  The model sat there with a bitch face & a Debbie downer demeanor...men would approach her but didn't stick around to talk to her.  The other woman, however, was all smiles & very friendly, and by the end of the night there was a whole group, men & women, having a good time with her.  Granted, they went to extremes with the personalities, but the "average" woman did have people actually interested in getting to know her.

Interesting! I believe it. I'd love to see that!

I don't want to say my life is perfect. It sure is not LOL!! But I went from being utterly miserable in almost every area of my life to actually being truly happy most of the time. REGARDLESS of external circumstances! I did it by changing my inner dialogue. It's never about others' behavior, it's always about my attitude. It's the only variable I can control. I'm mid-40s, I am not thin, and I am building successes quickly within my new profession. My successes do not stem from youth and good looks, or from people treating me a certain way, of from how others act or react. These things mean nothing. My happiness stems from hard work, doing my best, and a daily attitude adjustment.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I did it by changing my inner dialogue.

How, may I ask, did you do that?  As someone who feels nothing about me is ever good enough, I could use some pointers :)

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

How, may I ask, did you do that?  As someone who feels nothing about me is ever good enough, I could use some pointers :)

Well, I guess I didn't just wake up one day and do it. It started small. I have a few life guidelines that I started to recite, and my mindset began to change.

#1: Never assume ANYTHING. This helps if I feel someone has done or said something that hurt me, or is upset with me and I don't know why. I say this to remember that people have a million reasons for doing what they do and for saying what they say, and it's through their own life filter, so really, it's not about me. It lets me off the hook.

#2: Always do the very best you can. I too struggle with not ever feeling like I am enough. Doing the very best I can (which, incidentally, varies at first from day to day) is one way I can feel integral in my actions. Like, this may have gone wrong, that may be bad, but at LEAST I did the very best I could do. It's all we can really ask, isn't it? To do the very best we can, and then honor ourselves for rising to the challenge?

#3: I allow myself mistakes, and learn from them. I used to be so FINAL about everything. Like "Don't screw this up, girl! This is your ONLY opportunity". So any perceived slight, any mistake I made carried so much weight and heaviness, because I was making the stakes so high. But I was so wrong! The world is nothing BUT opportunity! So I say now "THIS is where you learn your lessons, and make your mistakes". Learning from my mistakes has gotten me exponentially further in every area of my life in the last six months than all the self-flagellating martyrdom in my life combined. Because I'm doing the best I can, and I still make mistakes, and that's alright.

Finally, and this is pretty simple, no one wants to hear me bitch. I don't need to spread around my woe-is-me, because the world doesn't need it!

• Love 6
(edited)

Ugh...I'm sick of drama. Can't have a damn day off without a phone call about something. It's my day off! Take your shit that I can't change and have nothing to do with somewhere else!

/rant ?

ETA sorry for being so insufferable on here lately. I get annoyed reading my own posts about work because they're so gripey. I'll go. 

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Ugh...I'm sick of drama. Can't have a damn day off without a phone call about something. It's my day off! Take your shit that I can't change and have nothing to do with somewhere else!

/rant ?

ETA sorry for being so insufferable on here lately. I get annoyed reading my own posts about work because they're so gripey. I'll go. 

HAHAHA!!! OMG you crack me up!!! Do you talk to them on your day off? I always tell my husband "They're not going to ASK you to retire. You'll just have to do it". As long as knowledgeable YOU is on the other end, they'll keep calling you! #SmartPeopleProblems

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

HAHAHA!!! OMG you crack me up!!! Do you talk to them on your day off? I always tell my husband "They're not going to ASK you to retire. You'll just have to do it". As long as knowledgeable YOU is on the other end, they'll keep calling you! #SmartPeopleProblems

I always feel like I have to answer because it could be something really important. Just never ends up actually being something really important. Today it was drama about people stealing sales from other people.

When I was still managing I once had an employee call me on my day off saying the printer wasn't working. It took everything in my power to not scream at her, "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?"

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I always feel like I have to answer because it could be something really important. Just never ends up actually being something really important. Today it was drama about people stealing sales from other people.

When I was still managing I once had an employee call me on my day off saying the printer wasn't working. It took everything in my power to not scream at her, "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?"

I remember having that too. I finally refused to answer the phone. I just was like, what could possibly not wait until tomorrow?? WHAT?! The building is on fire? Call the damn fire department!

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Today it was drama about people stealing sales from other people.

So exactly what are you, from your home on your day off, supposed to do about it?  Yeesh!

In my profession, when anybody wants to get dramatic about something URGENT I always say it's accounting, it's not like you removed the wrong kidney, relax!

Thanks, @QuiteCalM for your advice!  You are a wearer of many hats, two of which include aesthetician and motivational speaker :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
Just now, ByTor said:

So exactly what are you, from your home on your day off, supposed to do about it?  Yeesh!

In my profession, when anybody wants to get dramatic about something URGENT I always say it's accounting, it's not like you removed the wrong kidney, relax!

Thanks, @QuiteCalM for your advice!  You are a wearer of many hats, two of which include aesthetician and motivational speaker :)

Here's me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

You have to learn to love yourself!  Forgive yourself!  Learn to appreciate little things like rain (it makes the air smell clean and fresh, flowers grow and each breathe seems deeper).  Pick what you do like about yourself and go from there.  Not easy but SO worth it.  And get rid of people who reinforce and/or the negativity.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Do you even wear that jacket? :)

7 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I have never been able to handle this skit without laughing myself close to hernia.

The "how do you get back on track" thing sends me into a seizure.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I let them leave a message and then I decide if it deserves a return call or at least I already know my answer before I call back cause I'll be real, I'll call back.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Learn to appreciate little things like rain (it makes the air smell clean and fresh, flowers grow and each breathe seems deeper).

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about!  I am horrible with focusing on the negative.  Thanks for this :)

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about!  I am horrible with focusing on the negative.  Thanks for this :)

No problem. I think one of the best sounds is the sound of a baby talking to him or herself in the crib early in the morning, their little conversation ?. So I challenge you; one positive thing in the world you love and one about yourself.  I love my eyebrows. They are thick.  Even when thin brows were in, I kept them thick. My hair grew too fast anyway so I would always have to pluck a day or two later anyway.  It's my natural self and how God meant for me to be; his best vision for ME, not anyone else.  So I accept and love it.

Edited by VintageJ
More thoughts
  • Love 4
(edited)

One positive thing in the world:  A weird thing I really love is when it's morning & the sun is out, but you can still see a bit of the moon.  I have no idea what I like so much about it, but I find that sight oddly comforting.

One positive thing about myself: I like the color of my eyes.  They're a very light blue & I think it's cool that if natural light is hitting me the right way they look almost white.

This is fun!  Anybody else want to play? :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4