Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Chapter 24

My top ten list of Places This Meechum Storyline Might Go certainly did not include Devil's Threesome. Wow. Though from a plot perspective it makes no sense -- why would Claire and Frank both make themselves vulnerable to blackmail for no particular gain? Other than, y'know, sexytimes. Nothing we've seen from them before indicates they'd risk anything at all just for sexytimes.

Then again it may go nowhere. Still waiting for that cold-open erotic asphyxiation business with Fang (Feng?) in episode 5-ish to go somewhere, and we're running out of season.

I know I'm the only one taking this long to watch the season (waiting for husband) but I just watched this one today. I actually thought Frank was gay all this time. It always seemed to me that the thing with Zoe was more power & manipulating than sexual satisfaction. And then when Claire said "you needed that". Also is it just me or did it seem like Claire engineered the broken glass thing? 

@Jael yeah I keep wondering if that gun is going to go off but not so far. 

(edited)

Just watched this ep last night--whoa! did not see that coming at all!  I thought Frank was definitely gay as well---or at least bisexual.  The college episode cemented that for me with that one friend of his.    Loved the banter in the morning, Claire's "you needed that" was perfect.   They have an understanding that they love each other completely but maybe just can't satisfy each other in "that way".

I tweeted to house of cards and they favorited my tweet, which was funny because it didn't say anything spectacular. Just "holy. shit! #chapter24" but it still made me giddy ;-)

I really fear for Stamper.  Frank's past just makes me nervous about his safety :(  I like that Rachel is finding happiness though.   I really surprised myself, but I care a lot about Rachel and Stamper as characters. They are probably toast. :(

Edited by rungirl911
  • Love 2
(edited)

Way, way, way behind the times...so many shows to watch, so little time to do it.

Not totally surprised with the threesome hookup. After all, Meechem owes his career to Frank and certainly he's had the wondering eye of late on the Mrs.

I know I'm the only one taking this long to watch the season (waiting for husband) but I just watched this one today. I actually thought Frank was gay all this time. It always seemed to me that the thing with Zoe was more power & manipulating than sexual satisfaction. And then when Claire said "you needed that". Also is it just me or did it seem like Claire engineered the broken glass thing? 

@Jael yeah I keep wondering if that gun is going to go off but not so far. 

Certainly seems like the broken glass was contrived. Not sure if the soon-to-be threesome was but it worked out for them ok. I haven't seen all of Season 2 as of yet but it has become increasingly harder NOT to really despise Frank. At first, I was all in with his scheming and whatnot all in the name of higher pursuits in the political arena but now I'm looking more and more forward to his comeuppance. I'm really hoping Tusk gets him good.

Claire's character needs something else to do besides acting and reacting to the media's portrayals of her moral issues. Season one was fantastic for her; not so much in season two.

Edited by jonnysokko
  • Love 1

Nothing we've seen from them before indicates they'd risk anything at all just for sexytimes.

I don't know, Frank and Zoe was a risk, Claire and the photographer was a risk... I always thought both were risk-takers when it came to sex, at least with Meechum they already trust him with their privacy. It wasn't a stretch for me (thought it was a surprise!)

• Love 1

I think the college reunion episode made it clear Frank is attracted to men, but I never thought he's not also attracted to women. He seems entirely in love with Claire, and seemed turned on by doing it with Zoe. So I figure he's bisexual. And Frank and Claire had a conversation earlier about how they don't have enough privacy anymore to have any affairs after her affair with Adam blew up in their faces, and they both seemed wistful about it. I guess they were thinking that Meachum is one person they do have privacy with (though I don't see why they're not concerned he could blackmail them in the future - but then, other stuff he's seen seems more dangerous than sex).

But what are the odds of Meachum also being bisexual!

• Love 1

I don't know, Frank and Zoe was a risk, Claire and the photographer was a risk... I always thought both were risk-takers when it came to sex, at least with Meechum they already trust him with their privacy. It wasn't a stretch for me (thought it was a surprise!)

Honestly I think Frank and Claire's sexual orientation is risk taking. They both seem to get off on dangerous situations which may explain their open marriage more than any simple explanation of bearding or lack of attraction to each-other.