Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E21: The Jewel In The Crown

Last episode before the season finale on 07/21:

The team investigates a body found at a glass recycling plant with a diamond lodged in its jaw. French Inspector Rousseau approaches the team with an accusation against the Marquis De Chaussin, who is revealed to be the victim’s husband and lives in Virginia. Meanwhile, Booth discovers he suffers from a temporary eye illness, and Hodgins thinks he’s being followed by a ghost.

zzzzzzzzzz

I was interested in Hodgins.  And agreed Booth looked hot in the dork glasses.  That was about it.

Would it kill them to kiss or hold hands or something on the way to the bedroom instead of arguing and bickering? God that's gotten old.  Apparently the writers don't hold a very high opinion of marriage....it doesn't have to be boring fools.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode.  It was good seeing Daisy again - I used to detest her but now I like her. Also enjoyed all the fun Hodgins was having with The Pink Panther references.

And I liked that the Marquis was not the guilty party - just poor and selling off all his possessions.

I am glad there is hope for Hodgins to walk again.

• Love 3

Yes, I'm one of those people who want a happy ending for everyone when this series ends.  It's a TV show, not reality, so we can suspend belief and everyone lives happily ever after. 

• Love 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Trey said:

I am glad there is hope for Hodgins to walk again.

I'm not. His paralysis was an opportunity for Hodgins to get some actual character development and make some changes to his character dynamic, but other than turning him into a total prick for a couple of episodes it hasn't affected Hodgins much at all. It's also utterly predictable and a complete insult to anyone that has lost the use of their legs. Honestly, show of hands, who actually thought even for a second Hodgins was going to stay paralyzed?

6 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

Would it kill them to kiss or hold hands or something on the way to the bedroom instead of arguing and bickering? God that's gotten old.  Apparently the writers don't hold a very high opinion of marriage....it doesn't have to be boring fools.

This is just typical of TV couples, they talk about how much they love each other far far more than they ever actually show it, all the while bickering left and right like they can barely stand to be in the same room, especially on a comedy series. In this case though it actually fits both their characters to argue and bicker constantly anyway, the two have been arguing like an old married couple since the pilot, it's what their whole relationship has always been based on only now it's done with affection rather than genuinely trying to get under each other's skins like it used to be.

Actually, Booth and Bones' relationship is one of the more realistic ones I've seen on TV, they spent a bit in a honeymoon phase and were all touchy feely and lovey dovey, then they did what real couples do and toned that down significantly, especially with people like Dr. Brennan who was never much of an affectionate and emotional person in the first place.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 4

I'm not. His paralysis was an opportunity for Hodgins to get some actual character development and make some changes to his character dynamic, but other than turning him into a total prick for a couple of episodes it hasn't affected Hodgins much at all. It's also utterly predictable and a complete insult to anyone that has lost the use of their legs.

Yep. You can have a happy ending and still be paralyzed. Studies show that after the initial adjustment, people are just as happy after paralysis as before, and no less happy than non-paralyzed people. God forbid we get any representation for disabled people that's not either condescending pity or erasure via miracle. If we did, it might help take a chunk out of the weirdness of how disabled people are treated in real life, because the non-disabled wouldn't be throwing bizarre projections all over us, with all kinds of unfounded hopes and fears.

• Love 2
On 7/15/2016 at 5:18 PM, laredhead said:

Yes, I'm one of those people who want a happy ending for everyone when this series ends.  It's a TV show, not reality, so we can suspend belief and everyone lives happily ever after. 

I'll sit next to you for this one. The show has gone way over the top piling unrealistic melodramatic angst on these people. The show can now pull out an unrealistic miracle to remove some of that angst before they all march off into the sunset.

Sweets' death looks great on Daisy. She's competent and confident and self-reliant. I wish her story arc began here instead of ending here, since now I could care what happens to her instead of lunging for the fast forward button.

As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed Aubrey, who became a cop because of jewel thief movies. Oh, and his evil father. But also jewel thief movies. :)

I wonder if some writer came up with the Booth subplot after thinking "hey, Booth would look hot in dorky glasses." I appreciated that Brennan actually SAID he looked hot, in those words. It's not a turn of phrase she would have chosen early on, although he used to do just fine describing himself as hot without anyone else to confirm it.

• Love 5