Type keyword(s) to search

Justice Society of America

• Start Topic

This is the first thread I've started, but I think wish lists and speculation about the JSA could be as much fun as trying to figure out how they were going to bring Sara back last summer.

I speculate that this JSA will be from the future, setup as an organization that would eventually fight the alien invasion the stupid Time Masters said only Vandal could defend. Since our new character said that Mr. Rory sent him to that place and time and that if they got on the "that Waverider" (since he also arrived in a Waverider) that they would die - either something is wrong with that ship (flying too close to the sun?) or that ship is about to be attacked (by the new season two villain?). Either way at least Mick survives to join or found the JSA but sends Hourman back to save his friends?

So I am way more familiar with Justice League and I wonder if the show is just using Justice Society because that's what DC would give them - but we could get both standard JSA members with a dose of what would normally be Justice League characters. Either way, we already have some versions of JSA members in the Flarrowverse.

We don't have Jay Garrick Flash, but they could give us Wally West Flash instead, they have introduced Carter Hall Hawkman though I hope we don't see him again, they just gave us Hourman, we have a different version of Atom, Wildcat/Ted Grant has been introduced on Arrow (they could recast him?), and Sara covers Black Canary as far as I'm concerned.

Power Girl is apparently a member if they could get MB to do a one-off episode for that, it could be fun. They could also get the actress back for Huntress to do the Helena Wayne version of the character. Hawkgirl is listed but again, hopefully she would only guest star if they decided to show her again. We also have a different version of Mr. Terrific on Arrow. Oh and I see Jesse Quick listed and she is in process over on Flash.

So who is not already in the Flarrowverse that they might bring in?

I don't know much about all of these characters so I'd love to see who other people want to see. Personally, Dr. Fate and Dr. Midnight interests me still as does Manhunter and Stargirl. Also it looks like Marc actually created Red Beetle/Sara Butters for the JSA comics and I'm sure he'd love to get permission to use her for at least an episode or two. Seems like DC might give him the go ahead for that.

I changed the title of the thread to just Justice Society of America.  We don't need a wishlist/spec thread just for it.  At this time, there will naturally be plenty of wishing and speculating due to the summer hiatus, so have at it as planned.  Once the next season starts, and we get more in-show details on the structure and members, this thread discussion should reflect the new information.  Just remember to keep spoilers and non-JSA spec contained to those threads. 

Thanks

• Love 3

I just want Hourman to say the Legends are members of the Justice Society of America or at least consultants. The secret backers that have access to time travel. It also makes me want Sara to go back to black so we can see a picture like this at some point. With some of our characters of course. 

jsa.jpg

They could use Ted Knight's Starman since they can't use Green Lantern. Mister Terrific was also a member, different guy than the one on Arrow. 

I'd also want Dr. Fate and the female Dr. Midnight. Because there are still way to many males. 

• Love 2

My hope is for the Sanderson Hawkins version of Sandman, who's been my favorite JSA character since the comic restarted in the 2000s.  I don't really think they're likely to go that way, no matter if this JSA is set in the past or the future, but I'd really really like to see my favorite character on television.  :-)

• Love 2

With the new characters summaries they are from the past, so maybe the JSA is in the past. They could also be from another Earth. Earth 2 looks sort like it's still in the 40's only with modern tech. Or maybe now they will make them from Supergirl's Earth. 

The only JSA version I know is the originals, but I think it's worth noting the Easter Eggs that the DC Instagram account posted at the start of the season...

This one is different from the one we saw in the finale...

Here's one they came through on...

And another...

And finally, one of my favorites (I heartily recommend Sandman Mystery Theater from the 90's)....

• Love 1

So who is not already in the Flarrowverse that they might bring in?

I don't know much about all of these characters so I'd love to see who other people want to see. Personally, Dr. Fate and Dr. Midnight interests me still as does Manhunter and Stargirl. Also it looks like Marc actually created Red Beetle/Sara Butters for the JSA comics and I'm sure he'd love to get permission to use her for at least an episode or two. Seems like DC might give him the go ahead for that.

Not every character in the comic's version will necessarily be in this version of Justice Society. 

Yeah I could like Wally as a member and Mr Terrific.

• Love 1

I was just thinking to save money they could use the actors they already have. They can use Wally's Kid Flash since the other show is Barry's. When Mr. Terrific gets his "mask" he could move over to LoT. 

Although I would imagine introducing the JSA they'd have to have some members pop up besides Hourman. 

• Love 2

I have to admit, as enthused as I am about the JSA, I'm a little worried that the show writers will spend a bit too much time on the new members and not enough on the actual Legends characters.  I just hope that the writers can find a good balance.  

(edited)

According to one of the writers she said that for season 2 they are going to split them into smaller groups and explore those characters. I hope that means that we some character centric episodes that don't have to include all the characters all the time. 

I'd like to see Mick and Sara bond over Leonard and being known as the killers of the group or Mick and Ray having to team up. Jax, Stein and Sara are fun group as well. Then pair them up with people they didn't spend a lot with. We didn't get to see a lot of Mick and Stein. Sara and Ray might be interesting but that'll probably just make people ship them, so I'll add Jax to hang around them as well. Rip needs to hang out with more of team besides just Sara. 

As for the newcomers, they will also need to be seen bonding with our team. Just please not talking about their love life. I'd like to see them all learn more each other and their pasts. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)

I can see Stargirl being put in for no other reason than Geoff Johns created her based on his sister, and everything he's been involved in he's worked her into. You could even have Ted and Jack Knight in an arc. Forget Skyman/Star-Spangled Kid.

Red Tornado/Cyclone feels like a must because how can you resist someone wearing a cooking pot helmet...and diversity.

I also don't think they can resist having an Atom/Atom team-up, so they'll probably put Al Pratt in, but give him Damage/Nuklon(Atom Smasher) powers. But this is kind of redundant with Firestorm and Heatwave. Still.

Power Girl they maybe could do because of the Supergirl show. They'd have to find a really good wig to use the same actress who I'm sure they won't want to cut her hair and probably put it in her contract.

Dr. Midnite and Mr. Terrific is possible, but the Waverider ship already has some weird purple ray/bacta tank type of infirmary and they have two sciencey guys already.

Dr. Fate's inclusion could spell a return of the Hawks and even Savage, the way the show has him.

I'm about 90% sure adult Per Degaton will show up or even be the Big Bad. He's also heavily involved with Hourman's powers mythos-wise.

They could do Wildcat, present-day since he trained Laurel, or maybe his great-grandfather shared the same name and they recast.

If they ever do a real Jay Garrick, he'd be a must for a crossover. Jesse Quick and her dad were JSA so they could too. Her mom was Liberty Belle and All-Star Squadron/JSA.

Spectre's too powerful and supernatural and Sand/Sandman is too premonition-y and they already have Gideon/time files or whatever they're called. Johnny Thunder/Jakeem/Thunderbolt is wacky enough that they could do a filler episode but no more because he's OP. Alan Scott won't happen because of the movies but they could do nods and stuff like they already have done with Hal Jordan on the other shows. They could bring back Huntress/Helena from Arrow.

I'd love for Black Adam/Captain Marvel (Shazam!) to be included but there's a movie coming out. That shit plus Dr. Fate could redeem the Hawks for the show. They're so interesting except for whenever stories emphasize their love story - it's just as bad in the comics. The curse/incarnation thing is fine, they just don't need to harp on it all the time

Edited by Potanical Pardon
  • Love 1

It would be great to see Dinah Drake's Black Canary from Earth 3 played by Alex Kingston. They want her on the show and she said she do it. It just seems to be a scheduling issue. 

• Love 2

It would be interesting to see the Legends arrive on Earth 3 (or whatever number) and see the Jay Garrick, Flash (John Wesley Shipp) and Dinah Drake's Black Canary. It would be fun to see an older group of heroes. 

• Love 2
(edited)

If we end up seeing some older versions of heroes like the John Wesley Shipp Flash it would be great to see a Alex Kingston version of Black Canary.

Yes! and then get a series regular deal across all 4 shows, oh wait is that just for male actors... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - If you think about it Dinah is the character with the best reasons to be on at least 3 shows (Arrow/LoT/Flash].. 

Edited by WildcardC