Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

most out of left field thought ever...

what if Cat is under Scratch's influence all this time too? (I know, she's been in prison for ages, logistically it'd be reaching but)

just a thought.

in which case, she could be 'rescued' too. And my fondest wish that due to the excellent onscreen chemistry between MGG and Aubrey Plaza, something could come of that. I know, I'm nuts....

I'll indulge you this little fantasy, but if she were to be exonerated because of Scratch's 'making her do it', then it would have to be proven that he made her join that group of hitmen and kill those men she did.  She still has those crimes to pay for, otherwise.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

NO, no he hasn't ....that was just me trying to justify the whole Cat Adams isn't bad after all (bad?)  idea. (and apparently failing miserably)

No worries.  Fans can imagine whatever they want, Lord knows my fanon hopes & dreams for certain aspects of the show will never happen, but that's what the imagination and reading fanfic are for.  ;-)

27 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

No worries.  Fans can imagine whatever they want, Lord knows my fanon hopes & dreams for certain aspects of the show will never happen, but that's what the imagination and reading fanfic are for.  ;-)

My fannon is that Aaron Hotchner comes back and Emily Prentiss leaves. Permanently. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Appreciate the sharing of (possibly) spoilery info:  but If the news of a 13th season renewal weren't known already, I might have been gullible enough to believe this drek.  "Long been rumored that a character will be dying on the S12 finale" doesn't even mean a main character, let alone Reid.  Article and writer simply looking to create shock value where there isn't any to be found.  I sincerely and fervently hope its not, but can't rule out Diana being the one to die (if anyone actually does, & its someone that isn't a criminal, that is).

Whatever you're personal thoughts and feelings on the character of Spencer Reid, let's face facts;  No Reid = No show.

I mean, sure, S13 would still be created and air on CBS - but without MGG, I seriously doubt the show would survive the severe ratings drop that would be the result of such a decision to kill off the most recognizable Criminal Minds character in its long life.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 6

I agree. To be honest, a couple of years ago I didn't think the show would survive the loss of Hotch.  But it has although there is a ratings decline.   But losing Reid too would just be too much.  Cumulative losses. I'm not saying MGG is more important than TG was ( although obviously he is to me...) I'm just saying that his loss would be like the final straw. Losing Shemar was bad enough.  Losing Thomas seemed catastrophic. Losing Matthew too on top of the others would just spell the end. At least I think so.   

• Love 7

What if CM literally blew everything up and we start S13 with a completely new batch of characters? It'd give the writing staff a chance to start anew and maybe then we'll get some coherent stories and characterization. Yeah, it would feel like "a different show" but I feel like nowadays it already is.

Please don't sharpen your pitchforks...I'm just throwing this out there...

I do think that the clip which shows Emily taking over Garcia's computer to put out an Amber alert on Lindsay is a clue that she is ready to sacrifice her career (at the very least) to get Diana back safe. She  probably feels she owes it to Reid, and she's right. Since everyone is wearing the same clothes as last week, this must all be the same 12-hour or so period, and Emily has already risked her career to get Reid out of prison (going around legal counsel straight to the judge). 

I think for the angst-producing, cliffhanger machine that is Red Light, Emily will be the one we have to worry about surviving (which she will, but she has to prove her devotion to Spencer somehow).

• Love 5

Prentiss going out of her way to dispense with protocol to save Reid goes along with her character, and differentiates her from Hotch somewhat because Hotch always hesitated before going rogue.

Of course, I could criticize the fact Prentiss waited this long to do this and her hemming and hawing really hurts her character, but that's more of the writers' fault than anything else.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, normasm said:

I do think that the clip which shows Emily taking over Garcia's computer to put out an Amber alert on Lindsay is a clue that she is ready to sacrifice her career (at the very least) to get Diana back safe. She  probably feels she owes it to Reid, and she's right. Since everyone is wearing the same clothes as last week, this must all be the same 12-hour or so period, and Emily has already risked her career to get Reid out of prison (going around legal counsel straight to the judge). 

I think for the angst-producing, cliffhanger machine that is Red Light, Emily will be the one we have to worry about surviving (which she will, but she has to prove her devotion to Spencer somehow).

I think so too, but I wish it wasn't the case. I think they played the death card with Emily one too many times. 

• Love 3

I've watched the promo for tomorrow night (or at least one of them) and I think there are a few misleading things in it - unless CM & its promo department doesn't do any kind of subterfuge in its promo material [I admit lack of comprehension in this case because I usually skip all promos and spoilery info on shows I follow semi-regularly] - but while Diana might die in this episode, I don't see it being the way shown in the promo ad.

Also, not necessarily misleading per se, but a huge nitpick about the promo.  Morgan shows up with info about Scratch [and how is it that he has this info, anyways??] and (I think) Prentiss says something to the team along the lines of "need to shift focus to catching Scratch".  IF Scratch and Reid&his mom's predicament are not intertwined, I will be moved from my usual position of incredulous disbelief that they can be that bad at their jobs to something resembling actual hatred for the writers & EM.  Because if they do that, in a X-hour period of time, they will go from "Reid, his mom, and this whole mess is EVERYTHING right now" to "What were we doing?  Nevermind.  Let's get Scratch... now, after having done pretty much nothing about it for the past many months."  

They can't possibly be that stupid to pull something like that......... which I why I strongly think that it's all a Scratch 'game' from the start, just involving recognizable faces & characters from the past.

• Love 2

I'm a little apprehensive - because we haven't seen Reid in any scene other than the Cat scene, and we've seen pix of Reid and Diana at the BAU - that Reid will rescue mom and disappear while Morgan and the team go into peril to catch Scratch. Hope I'm wrong about that, because that would suck monstrously.

• Love 4

If they finish Reid's arc off - while saving Diana - and then bring in Morgan to re-kick start the Scratch arc to end the season, then I'll be tremendously mollified.  But its during and it causes character assassinations while doing so, the rage train will be whistling down the tracks.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I've watched the promo for tomorrow night (or at least one of them) and I think there are a few misleading things in it - unless CM & its promo department doesn't do any kind of subterfuge in its promo material [I admit lack of comprehension in this case because I usually skip all promos and spoilery info on shows I follow semi-regularly] - but while Diana might die in this episode, I don't see it being the way shown in the promo ad.

Also, not necessarily misleading per se, but a huge nitpick about the promo.  Morgan shows up with info about Scratch [and how is it that he has this info, anyways??] and (I think) Prentiss says something to the team along the lines of "need to shift focus to catching Scratch".  IF Scratch and Reid&his mom's predicament are not intertwined, I will be moved from my usual position of incredulous disbelief that they can be that bad at their jobs to something resembling actual hatred for the writers & EM.  Because if they do that, in a X-hour period of time, they will go from "Reid, his mom, and this whole mess is EVERYTHING right now" to "What were we doing?  Nevermind.  Let's get Scratch... now, after having done pretty much nothing about it for the past many months."  

They can't possibly be that stupid to pull something like that......... which I why I strongly think that it's all a Scratch 'game' from the start, just involving recognizable faces & characters from the past.

Because obviously Morgan coming back is more important than Reid and his mom* sarcasm* 

I'm only watching this episode for an angry Reid. 

I am already annoyed by the episode and I have only seen two minutes of it. The first thing Rossi says to Morgan is "You don't call, you don't write." So much for them being a *family!*

I can sort of see why Morgan woukd distance himself from the team after he left. It seems like working at the BAU would be something you would want to forget. I can see Morgan wanting to live life with his family without the past horrors of his job haunting him. I just wish they didn't push the Family! idea so hard when it seems like the team members hardly keep in touch with each other after they leave.

• Love 1

But just like family, once they get back together, it's like old times. 

Some members of my immediate family don't talk at all, and some communicate monthly or more. I don't think we need to see them up in each other's grill when they leave the show. 

One can wank that Derek and Penelope keep in touch, but maybe Rossi and JJ, not as much. He says they didn't tell him Reid was in prison, at Spencer's request, and I do see how that could happen. It's just nice to see him in the room again, and hear that rumble in his voice. I miss him.

• Love 4

Yeah, I'm pretty young so I don't have much experience yet with my immediate family "branching off" permanantly yet. I can't imagine not keeping in contact with them consistently now, but I guess life gets in the way sometimes.

I wouldn't expect them to show the relationships on-screen when a character leaves, since it always means an actor/actress leaving. I guess it does put the show in a tough place during reunions like this since they can't show the missing character when they're not there and then they don't want the team to act like they've been keeping close contact when viewers haven't seen it.

But I am glad he's back too!

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, autumnmountains said:

Another title Reid might have . . .

Hopefully not from that ***** ...it definitely wouldn't have been consensual or he could've been stolen from. 

Oh, I so hope this isn't true, because it would be ridiculous, hilarious, horrific and so incredibly over the top. That's full telenovela, and you never go full telenovela. 

If this happens, I expect Gideon back from the dead, Prentiss' eviler twin to take over the department, Garcia to go unexpectedly blind, Alvez to marry her out of pity - while having a passionate affair with Lewis (who will have become a crime lord), JJ to discover she is the secret heiress to the richest man in Miami, Walker to take up vigilante street justice and for Rossi to get amnesia three or four separate and unconnected times, all before the end of season 13.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 3

Cat and Lindsey are lovers I can buy. And kudos I suppose for forward thinking and letting that happen. It's the OTHER thing I'm p-o'd about. Just NO.

Just now, Lebanna said:

And Reid got it on with Lindsey? Or a prostitute they hired? Huh?

no, I would imagine she er, relieved him of his DNA after drugging him before murdering Nadie. In that time when 'he blacked out'. He was on his back when he came to, and he'd fallen forward ergo on his stomach I would've thought, when he fell initially. (I think, I'd have to go back and watch that scene yet again. He is definitely on his back as he comes to though)

• Love 1

Wait who did Reid supposedly knock him? 

And I'm not aghast at Lindsey and Cat being lovers because they're two women. I'm aghast because what are the chances in this big world that a victim from 10 years ago and an unsub from last year, in this huge country, found each other and hit it off. The coincidence suspends belief. 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

no, I would imagine she er, relieved him of his DNA after drugging him before murdering Nadie. In that time when 'he blacked out'. He was on his back when he came to, and he'd fallen forward ergo on his stomach I would've thought, when he fell initially. (I think, I'd have to go back and watch that scene yet again. He is definitely on his back as he comes to though)

Oh, right. I forgot about that. That would make more sense. So Reid goes to jail this year and now it turns out he was basically raped? Because normal levels of torture had got stale. (Seriously, at this point he is worse off than the famously unlucky Miles O'Brian of Star Trek).

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 1
(edited)

If they go there with the sexual assault, they had better treat it with the seriousness it deserves. But frankly, I'd probably just be out, because I don't think I'll want to watch Reid going through that.

Not that it matters of course, as rape is rape, but having the character that has been assumed by some fans to be a virgin or relatively asexual-leaning be the one who is raped - especially since the character has in recent years been desperate for a child of his own - is possibly even more creepy on the part of the writers. Especially since this show recently seems to kind of put an emphasis on characters procreating (even Rossi). There's something very twisted there that needs some unpicking.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am actually angry right now. Just no, no, no, no. If she's pregnant it better have been consensual. How would Reid ever be able to have a normal relationship after that? I am hoping that she is faking the pregnancy somehow.

But Reid recognized Lindsey right away. There is no way he would have not realized that before having sex with her. Unless she disguised herself? 

Edited by Haleysgalaxy
11 minutes ago, Lebanna said:

If they go there with the sexual assault, they had better treat it with the seriousness it deserves. But frankly, I'd probably just be out, because I don't think I'll want to watch Reid going through that.

Not that it matters of course, as rape is rape, but having the character that has been assumed by some fans to be a virgin or relatively asexual-leaning be the one who is raped - especially since the character has in recent years been desperate for a child of his own - is possibly even more creepy on the part of the writers. There's something very twisted there that needs some unpicking.

Creepy is right, Lebanna. Let's hope they are just throwing us for a loop. Or we might imagine Scratch has been a-sprayin in the writer's room.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Lebanna said:

Not that it matters of course, as rape is rape, but having the character that has been assumed by some fans to be a virgin or relatively asexual-leaning be the one who is raped - especially since the character has in recent years been desperate for a child of his own - is possibly even more creepy on the part of the writers. Especially since this show recently seems to kind of put an emphasis on characters procreating (even Rossi). There's something very twisted there that needs some unpicking.

YES. I personally don't think Reid is asexual (as far as I know asexuality is the feeling of no sexual attraction, and Reid has been shown checking out women before) but that is neither here nor there. The fact is is that they have portrayed Reid as being sexually and romantically inexperienced along with the hopes for a family. Also remember his bullying stories? One of him being tied to a goalpost, and another of him having his shirt taken off and everyone laughing? Having this character be raped would just be such an extreme low blow.

• Love 3

It just seems to me that they may have wanted Reid to have a kid. The show is getting a bit kid-obsessed (kids are great and a nice part of life, but for a gritty crime show, there really have been a lot of babies). And then there's this great torture-Reid storyline about how he worries that his kid will eventually inherit the family mental issues and blames himself over it. Plus, Reid with a baby would be ratings magic. However they didn't want to do a relationship storyline for Reid, so this way they get everything, and more torture.

But I still can't quite believe they'll really go there.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Haleysgalaxy said:

I am actually angry right now. Just no, no, no, no. If she's pregnant it better have been consensual. How would Reid ever be able to have a normal relationship after that? I am hoping that she is faking the pregnancy somehow.

But Reid recognized Lindsey right away. There is no way he would have not realized that before having sex with her. Unless she disguised herself? 

I don't think she conceived--if in fact she even is pregnant--in the conventional manner if it really is Reid's.  Pretty sure it was harvested while he was unconscious.  But if indeed she is pregnant ain't it more likely that she just seduced a guard or someone in the prison. 

I hope it's just a red herring. Reid imprisoned wrongly for half a season was bad enough.  Any more Reid torture will just override my willingness to suspend disbelief. And end my attachment to the show. 

• Love 5