Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E27: The Last Confession

• Start Topic

As far as my own opinion, Feit is guilty.   He had been convicted right before the murder of trying to rape another young woman.  He got some kind of deal and paid a 500.00 fine iirc.

The new district attorney kept his word and reopened the case and indicted Feit.   The former district attorney was dirty and did what so many have done, cover for the Catholic Church. He should be in prison too as far as I am concerned. Arrogant, smug, lying asshole.

Irene was murdered by the priest on Easter, the same as the priest who murdered the nun in Toledo, Ohio. Both crimes were covered up by certain law enforcement, government and the church for decades.

The Catholic churches law, Canon Law states clearly that their representatives can and will lie , cover up and do anything to protect the church. They keep secret files which they will deny they have.    It took at least three search warrants in the nun's case to find them.  The diocese in that case lied time after time about those files.     Isn't it interesting (and vile) that Catholic (canon) law promotes breaking one of the ten commandments.   Not to mention going to any length to cover up for pedophiles too numerous to count, rapists and murderers.

I hope the State of Texas is aware of all the secret files and information that will help convict this piece of shit.  It has never been mentioned in any of the television reports on this case.

I have a lot of respect for Irene's family and the Texas Ranger who never gave up on getting justice for Irene.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 3

I wonder if this DA will offer Feit some sort of a deal to plead guilty ? I don't see the point in taking this to trial.

If I were on the jury, I may convict him but I won't sentence him to any jail time (what is he, like 90?). 

Is there a prison for newly convicted feeble old people ?

He showed Irene no mercy. I have no mercy for him. Why should he be let off no matter how old he is? He's already gotten away with it for decades.

Oh man, read my mind. I don't care if he has two days left on earth, let him spend them incarcerated.

He showed Irene no mercy. I have no mercy for him. Why should he be let off no matter how old he is? He's already gotten away with it for decades.

Oh, agreed, and I'm glad that the new DA is attempting a prosecution.  That said, I also agree with starri's comment.  Practically speaking, most of the witnesses are dead, the evidence is old, and DNA evidence didn't exist yet.  If any actual punishment is to come from this, I doubt it will be much...maybe 5 years if we're lucky.

I'm just doubtful they'll be able to secure a conviction.  Too much time passed, etc.