Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Caitlyn And Kris Arguing About Cait's Coming Out Story From Sunday's I Am Cait

Yes I'm sure your versions are completely different, because you never told her. As much as I can't stand Kris Jenner and think she would try to make a buck off of anything I can't see her accepting the the person she married wanted to transition to a woman!

Yes I'm sure your versions are completely different, because you never told her. As much as I can't stand Kris Jenner and think she would try to make a buck off of anything I can't see her accepting the the person she married wanted to transition to a woman!

The Kris of today might not have agreed, but the Kris of 25 years ago? She was in desperate straits, 4 kids and an estranged husband who was fighting tooth and nail to leave her penniless. Comes along a good looking Olympic hero, hot to marry her and take over financial responsibility for her and her brood? I suspect she gave her the very Readers Digest Condensed version and Kris wasn't about to ask any questions she didn't want the answer to. They went about life, had the two distractions and all was well.. til it wasn't.

I still find it difficult to believe that when teenage Kim walked in on Cait and went on to blab to Kourt that neither of them ever told Kris. I do believe that Kris knew she dressed as a woman on speaking tours and probably around the house. I think both of them have rewritten history in their minds, Cait, to come across as having been above board and Kris, to appear as a victim and a dupe, and that each really believes their version of the truth.

• Love 2

I think she may have thought it was a cross dressing situation, which some women can live with, but that the person you married wanted to be a woman...not buying that she had all of the information

• Love 2

I think she may have thought it was a cross dressing situation, which some women can live with, but that the person you married wanted to be a woman...not buying that she had all of the information

I agree with the transgender part. I think there was some attempt by Cait to clue her in, but when she didn't really press for answers or clarification (my radar would have been on alert at the talk about possible sterility because of some "stuff " that was taken) Cait was more than happy to let it be. I wonder though if the show hadn't taken off and Kris become such a powerhouse and kind of leaving her husband behind emotionally and in terms of any mutual interests, would the occasional out of town dress up adventure been enough for Cait?

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree with the transgender part. I think there was some attempt by Cait to clue her in, but when she didn't really press for answers or clarification (my radar would have been on alert at the talk about possible sterility because of some "stuff " that was taken) Cait was more than happy to let it be. I wonder though if the show hadn't taken off and Kris become such a powerhouse and kind of leaving her husband behind emotionally and in terms of any mutual interests, would the occasional out of town dress up adventure been enough for Cait?

The whole story plays like bad transgender fantasy fiction.  Cross-dressing husband is marginalized by dominant wife and daughters, plots revenge by becoming a more powerful woman and dismantling their empire.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

The whole story plays like bad transgender fantasy fiction. Cross-dressing husband is marginalized by dominant wife and daughters, plots revenge by becoming a more powerful woman and dismantling their empire.

True, and the glee Cait expressed when talking about how all thru the seasons of silly storylines she had the biggest one of all.

True, and the glee Cait expressed when talking about how all thru the seasons of silly storylines she had the biggest one of all.

This could be the picture accompanying that bad transgender fantasy story.   It was the first thing I thought of when I saw it.  

rs_600x600-160407094035-600-Caitlyn-Jenn

(Or I suppose it could also be used to illustrate a Photoshop manual.)

Jenner probably finds the picture very flattering, but what I see is narcissism incarnate.   Sadly, the picture also reinforces what much of the world thinks being transgender is all about: dressing up in women's underwear and getting off on the image of yourself in the mirror.  

I know MAC is selling lipstick, but there are other ways they could have done it without invoking the specter of "dressing up."  I understand if others may not see it that way.   I'm probably more sensitive.

Maybe the crossdresser market is the demographic they're selling to.    MAC products are very popular with crossdressers.    If that's the case, then the picture is right on the money.

• Love 3

The pronouns thing with Kris drives me crazy in that clip but Caitlyn has always been murky when talking about anything of importance and her word choice is baffling like the "my girls" thing. As you can see I'm still conflicted about Caitlyn and her role in society.

• Love 1

It's a shame that Caitlyn couldn't be honest with Kris. It's okay that she made a choice to live a double life for herself, but it certainly wasn't fair to Kris or her kids to hide the fact that she felt she was the wrong gender and wanted to be female. She chose the cowards way through life because there was just too much money at stake in addition to her immense ego and pride.

*edited several times because of the wrong damned pronouns

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

but it certainly wasn't fair to Kris or her kids to hide the fact that she felt she was the wrong gender and wanted to be female. 

is it possible she didn't mention it because she didn't feel that way?

Edited by millennium

The fact that Kris and Caitlyn were willing to expose their lives and the lives of their children to public scrutiny by participating in KUWTK, knowing that this huge elephant was in the closet, makes me think that both of them were deep into denial. Kim related the incident of the supposed reporter who caught Cait years ago and was convinced either by money or a plea to his decency to squash his story, you'd think they would be worried that with their newfound celebrity, that this guy might come forward with his tale. Yeah, both of them must really have been living a fantasy that this secret could be contained forever.

is it possible she didn't mention it because she didn't feel that way?

I just have one question, didn't Kris know that Cait was dressing in women's clothes when they were married?

Kendall knew.

For me personally, if she knew about the dressing up nothing else matters to me. Ignorant sounding or not, if I am married to what I believe is a heterosexual man, and he is dressing up in women's clothing, I am going to leave room for just about ANYTHING when it comes to his identity. I'm not going to pretend that it's a total shock when I find out that he was using hormones, or that the hormones were really for his transitioning to become a woman. Please, women always know, they have instincts if nothing else.  We like to lie to ourselves for various reasons, but we know. I don't know  WTH Kris is griping about, she's full of it and this is what happens when the all mighty dollar and keeping up appearances is all you care about. So stop your whining. Sorry, I do not see her side in any of this, I don't.

• Love 1

I just have one question, didn't Kris know that Cait was dressing in women's clothes when they were married?

Kendall knew.

For me personally, if she knew about the dressing up nothing else matters to me. Ignorant sounding or not, if I am married to what I believe is a heterosexual man, and he is dressing up in women's clothing, I am going to leave room for just about ANYTHING when it comes to his identity. I'm not going to pretend that it's a total shock when I find out that he was using hormones, or that the hormones were really for his transitioning to become a woman. Please, women always know, they have instincts if nothing else. We like to lie to ourselves for various reasons, but we know. I don't know WTH Kris is griping about, she's full of it and this is what happens when the all mighty dollar and keeping up appearances is all you care about. So stop your whining. Sorry, I do not see her side in any of this, I don't.

I agree, Kris was not some naive young thing star struck by a handsome Olympic hero. She was a married but seperated, mother of 4. I would think even the knowledge of cross dressing would make her step back and slow down, out of concern for those children. Maybe get some professional advice about any concerns about how this could impact those kids. And if indeed, as Kim has said, Rob Sr knew, was he so thrilled to be let off the hook for a financial settlement that he didn't ask any questions?

Listening to Kris whine about Caitlyn leaving her family in the dust is laughable. Once she moved Cait out to Malibu, she had little to do with her, unless she wanted her to come along for a story line, like the vacation that she and Kim invited Brandon and Leah along on to keep Cait occupied and so that they could do their thing without her.

I think Caitlyn probably downplayed her issues, but Kris, as a mother, if not for herself, should have pressed her for details. She didn't want to know the details then, too late to complain now.

Edited by iwasish

I don't think a trail of breadcrumbs consisting of accidental and awkward discoveries or saying "I have a condition" counts as full disclosure.  

If indeed Jenner wanted to become a woman before marrying Kris (and that's a big IF in my book), Jenner had a moral obligation to disclose everything BEFORE marrying Kris.    But she didn't.   So it seems craven and disingenuous of Jenner to insist now that Kris knew, although it's understandable why Jenner's trying to retcon reality because otherwise she looks like a cowardly and deceptive individual who places her own welfare ahead of everyone else's at all costs.

Even if Kris had suspicions in her heart, it's only human to hope things will turn out all right.  Besides, for the past 20 or 30 years, heterosexual crossdressers have been working the nation's talk show circuit convincing Phil Donahue, Sally Jesse Raphael, Geraldo Rivera, and everyone who'll listen that 1) they are not gay, 2) that they love women, and 3) that they have no desire to become women. 

If Kris thought Jenner was a crossdresser, she had every reason to believe popular culture's assurances that it was just a harmless kink.   And maybe she thought she could live with that, as long as she wasn't forced to participate.   Maybe she decided the benefits of being married to Jenner outweighed the quirks.

This issue isn't something there's any misunderstanding about in a marriage.   Once it's been broached, it's out there and no one ever forgets it or confuses it.    In the clip above, Jenner cannot cite any instance where she said "Remember that time I sat down with you and told you that I feel like a woman inside, and that I've always believed I should have been born female?"  No, instead, she says "There was that time in the driveway, when I told you I had a condition ... " like it's psoriasis or something.

Kris may have had some idea based on bits and pieces of information over the years, but I'm sure she never anticipated any of what's happened in the past twelve months -- nor should she have based on the scant information she got from her husband.

• Love 1

I don't think a trail of breadcrumbs consisting of accidental and awkward discoveries or saying "I have a condition" counts as full disclosure.  

If indeed Jenner wanted to become a woman before marrying Kris (and that's a big IF in my book), Jenner had a moral obligation to disclose everything BEFORE marrying Kris.    But she didn't.   So it seems craven and disingenuous of Jenner to insist now that Kris knew, although it's understandable why Jenner's trying to retcon reality because otherwise she looks like a cowardly and deceptive individual who places her own welfare ahead of everyone else's at all costs.

Even if Kris had suspicions in her heart, it's only human to hope things will turn out all right.  Besides, for the past 20 or 30 years, heterosexual crossdressers have been working the nation's talk show circuit convincing Phil Donahue, Sally Jesse Raphael, Geraldo Rivera, and everyone who'll listen that 1) they are not gay, 2) that they love women, and 3) that they have no desire to become women. 

If Kris thought Jenner was a crossdresser, she had every reason to believe popular culture's assurances that it was just a harmless kink.   And maybe she thought she could live with that, as long as she wasn't forced to participate.   Maybe she decided the benefits of being married to Jenner outweighed the quirks.

This issue isn't something there's any misunderstanding about in a marriage.   Once it's been broached, it's out there and no one ever forgets it or confuses it.    In the clip above, Jenner cannot cite any instance where she said "Remember that time I sat down with you and told you that I feel like a woman inside, and that I've always believed I should have been born female?"  No, instead, she says "There was that time in the driveway, when I told you I had a condition ... " like it's psoriasis or something.

Kris may have had some idea based on bits and pieces of information over the years, but I'm sure she never anticipated any of what's happened in the past twelve months -- nor should she have based on the scant information she got from her husband.

Linda Thompson wrote an article after Cait introduced herself to the media. She wrote that Jenner told her and wanted to be Aunt Heather. The marriage ended after that.

Some famous guy who was friends with Cait said Jenner confided in him and wanted to be Nikki, and that he and his wife kept the secret.

I find it hard to believe Kris was never told. She said Cait had breasts when they first met.

• Love 1