Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Whispering Death

Each passing episode makes me realize how annoying Clara is... I get that her role is the "cultural expert" but how is it possible she knows every single language so far for each country they touch down in, all cultural norms, tourist spots, directions. And for a team whose job is to travel the world, they don't seem to have any cultural knowledge themselves. How have they not heard of the Suicide Forest? 

• Love 4
(edited)

And to have the men look to Simmons only to find that he does not speak the local language. Heh. I may have to rewatch the episodes, but I have also noticed that Simmons gets gifts from every country they have been in. Interesting thing to catch, but then again I am only here for Daniel Henney! ;) 

Edited by Stardancer Supreme

The unsub knocks down the last victim.  The victim is lying on his back, we can see his face. The unsub pours a liquid on the vicitm's chest and then lights a match and drops it.  We see flames.  

Next scene, the victim is staggering out of the room - the back of his coat and pants are in flames.  

Huh? Does this mean that the unsub knocks the victim into a pool of flammable liquid, then pours fire retardant on his chest before dropping the lighted match? 

Each passing episode makes me realize how annoying Clara is... I get that her role is the "cultural expert" but how is it possible she knows every single language so far for each country they touch down in, all cultural norms, tourist spots, directions. And for a team whose job is to travel the world, they don't seem to have any cultural knowledge themselves. How have they not heard of the Suicide Forest? 

Anyone notice that no one ever seems to be arrested on this show? Is it my imagination or is every unsub shot dead by Gary Sinese at the end?

Apparently someone with the show said that the computer guy is supposed to be a cross between Garcia and Reid, but I think it is more like this - 

Computer Guy - JJ before she became a profiler

Clara = Reid

Gary Sinise's character = JJ after she became a profiler

Other profiler guy = a cross between Morgan and Hotch

Other profiler woman = a grown up version of Garcia - no little girl stuff, but still wants everyone to be happy and cheerful

Preeya, I agree. I wanted so much to like this show because I like Gary Sinise, but this show is way over the top violent. The Parisian psycho and how he mutilated women was the last straw for me. I'm tired of any show where women are used as fish bait.

To be honest, I'm getting really sick of a lot of these shows. All it takes is one bullet to kill, but these shows, including ones I've liked such as Blue Bloods, go full blast with 20 cops and a SWAT squad all firing at one perp. And now you have a character, Olivia Pope, who's always been a protagonist, go all nuts and kills a man in a wheelchair? Why? I find myself watching more and more old school shows in THIS, Laff and other channels so I can avoid all this overkill, pun intended.

I

Edited by KLovestoShop

My problem with this show is that it follows the blueprint of Criminal Minds so closely that it is nothing more than a carbon copy of its parent program.  The greenscreen makes it worse!  If you can't afford to go to other countries, why bother?  I might as well watch Original Recipe CM. And I loves me some Daniel Henney...