Type keyword(s) to search

Roger's Marathon Diary: It Turns Out That The Worst Season Of Gilmore Girls Is Still A Season Of Gilmore Girls

• Start Topic

I also miss Finn and Colin, who provided their own random energy that inexplicably wasn't out of place. That those two never met Madeline and Louise is a damn travesty.
Exactly. I would watch a spin off with the 4 of them... 30 minute sitcom...6 episodes...1 season. But yeah.
  • Love 1

I loved it, too. I can't watch most of this season (and the end of season 6) because I was so very opposed to Lorelai and Christopher getting back together again some more (let alone marrying), but the last episode, with Stars Hollow scrambling to get the party going, and Richard's sweet speech, and Emily trying to keep the dinners going, and Luke, still manages to bring a tear to my eye.

• Love 1

There was a definite change in tone in the last season (and arguably some of 6, too). I'm going to gently suggest that some of the exaggerated season 7 reputation is not strictly about quality loss, but rather came from certain relationships not going the way fans wanted. Of course, both things can be true.

• Love 4

I loved the finale too, and I thought Richard's speech was one of the best moments. How important for Lorelai to hear from her father that he was proud of her! It's appropriate as his last scene on the show.

I remember that at the time, a lot of people were angry that there wasn't more Luke/Lorelai in the finale but I liked where they left it. The show was about the Gilmores.

• Love 1

The whole Luke/Lorelai breakup/Christopher/Lorelai Marriage was a disaster for me. I like Christopher but there getting together felt forced and weird at the time it happened.

• Love 1

I couldn't stand much of the last season, and although it had to do with the Lorelai/Christopher pairing, it mainly was because of Lauren Graham's acting in her scenes with David Sutcliffe. I honestly don't know whether it was how she was directed or what, but I remember I found her so over the top and obnoxious, mostly in the early scenes when the two of them were somewhat happy. It made me crazy, especially because I typically didn't have too many quibbles when it came to Graham's acting.

However, I thought the finale was pretty perfect for the show. One of the scenes that affected me the most was when Lorelai is freaking out about how they should have more time, and Rory says something like, "Mom, you gave me everything I need." I never thought Alexis Bledel was the most amazing actress, but she really sold that line, and it was a nice, quiet, touching moment.

• Love 1

My favorite scene of the entire last season is when Lorelai sings "I Will Always Love You " to Luke. To me it seemed like she was finally expressing her true feelings after several frustrating, to me, episodes where she was pretending to be happy with Christopher.

The final episode didn't work for me, regardless of the L/L situation.

They overextended themselves giving townies their last cameos. I love the townies, but the cameos just felt too much like "that was so-and-so, now it's Babette's turn, now it's ..." Too all crammed together. Taylor's speech was not funny to me, it made me want to barf.

The Richard and Emily thing about honoring and getting along with Lorelai rang false to me. I didn't believe either of their bits.

I absolutely adored the table moving scene and laughed myself silly over it. I also liked Lorelai's crying scene, although the rain accompanying it felt a little too "film school."

• Love 1