Type keyword(s) to search

GG Rewatch 2016....It's repetitive and redundant

• Start Topic

This week, May 23, we'll discuss the following episodes in the season 3 thread....

Application Anxiety

One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes

Eight O'Clock at the Oasis

Take the Deviled Eggs

They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?

This week, we are on

Dear Emily and Richard

Swan Song

Face Off

The Big One

A Tale of Poes and Fire

That'll Do, Pig

The highlight of the show is Trix of course. 

The only person who could have told Trix that Emily put her gifts in storage is Richard. I would be really ticked off at my husband if he did that. 

What the heck kind of car is Emily driving as she's on her way to Lorelai's to decorate it for Trix's visit? It looks awful on the outside. see picture below. The parked Jaguar we see later is still dirty, but the car during the drive looks worse.

I loved the teen awkwardness between Dean and Rory at Weston's. The only not natural part of that is that most teenagers wouldn't even try to become friends with their exes.

Looking at Lorelai's and Emily's costumes in the Crap Shack scene are really nice. I liked most of the costumes in this episode. 

0310 emily car.jpg

We're starting season four this week!  

Ballrooms and Biscotti

The Lorelais' First Day at Yale

The Hobbit, the Sofa and Digger Stiles

Chicken or Beef

The Fundamental Things Apply

To be discussed in the season four thread.....

Hello everyone! There are some episodes that the Lorealis's jeep license or stamp or seal or whatever is shown in the windshield . In one of them is written July 1st. I wonder if anyone know which episode or episodes this happens? Since the show is back on netflix on July 1st I thought to get this screenshot. Any ideas?

A little late with this but for July 4 week we'll discuss these episodes in the season four thread....

In the Clamor and the Clangor

A Family Matter

Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels

The Incredible Sinking Lorelais

Scene in a Mall

Did this week's "assignment" get skipped? ;)

in in the week ending in 4 hours, we are watching

The Reigning Lorelai

Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doing the Twist

Tick, Tick, Boom

Afternoom

Luke Can See Her Face

Then for the week of July 17th, we are discussing in the Season 4 and 5 threads:

Last Week Fights, This Week Tights

Raincoats and Recipes

Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller

A Messenger Nothing More

Written in the Stars

This week, July 25, we'll discuss the following episodes in the season 5 thread....

Tippecanoe and Taylor too

We Got us a Pippi Virgin

Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant

You Jump, I Jump, Jack

The Party's Over

I'm watching Norman Mailer tonight....so I'm catching up.

I'm starting my own rewatch today! I hadn't though I wanted to, and then when I watched the trailer yesterday... I realized I needed to.

Anyway, I headed over to TWOP's archive at the Wayback Machine, but it seems all the episode threads before ep 4.10 are missing from the general gabbery subforum. Were they posted elsewhere on the site, does anyone remember? And can anyone recommend good recaps or forums from back then? I'd like to follow along with the original reactions as well as not be spoiled (I only watched the show once and don't remember it that well...).

Btw, if anyone wants a list of all the topics that have been preserved in amber (easier to browse), I posted one here.

Are you looking for the forums or the recaps? Because all of the recaps are available here.  (I forget how I learned that all the old recaps were now being hosted at www.brilliantbutcancelled.com/shows but I am intensely grateful that I did!)

• Love 1

Here are the episodes for the week of 8/15.....

But I'm a Gilmore

How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?

Blame Booze and Melville

A House is Not a Home

New and Improved Lorelai

I'm keeping up with the rewatch and really enjoying it, even though I haven't commented lately.  It's definitely getting me in the mood for November 25.  

This week (August 29) we'll watch the following episodes....to be discussed in the season 6 thread...

Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number

Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out 

The Prodigal Daughter Returns

He's Slipping 'Em Bread....Dig?

The Perfect Dress

13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Kohol'a Dark Day - the rerun of The Prodigal is the start of my hiatus from viewing.  The rest of Season 6 and most of 7 make me want to throw something at the TV.

Me, too, although lately I've been leaning toward skipping the last couple of S5 episodes too.

S6 is like a handful of really good one shots in fanfiction. There are many scenes that are absolutes treasures, like Rory being assertive to Emily and the whole sequence of LL renovating the house, but the rest is simply a pile of stories as bad as Gilmore Girls Kiss the Zombies (not a real fanfic. I hope.).

By S7, I'm just sifting through the crap because I know I lost my diamond earring there somewhere and I just have to keep looking for the happy ending.

• Love 2

If I can even bear to turn it on, my finger is firmly pressed on the fast forward button.  I probably can't tolerate more than 5 minutes of actual viewing of the majority of S6 après April and S7 until the very end.

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

If I can even bear to turn it on, my finger is firmly pressed on the fast forward button.  I probably can't tolerate more than 5 minutes of actual viewing of the majority of S6 après April and S7 until the very end.

Misery loves company and I'm glad you're here. I watched Kropogs today and I had to stop in the middle. All the glorious assertive Lorelai character had disappeared and the shell that let herself be beat up by Emily was back. Shutting up now, because any more content deserves to be in the season thread.

5 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Misery loves company and I'm glad you're here. I watched Kropogs today and I had to stop in the middle. All the glorious assertive Lorelai character had disappeared and the shell that let herself be beat up by Emily was back. Shutting up now, because any more content deserves to be in the season thread.

Looks like I'm in good company.  I tried to rewatch season 6 once and I got so sad so I stopped and have never tried again. 

• Love 3

This week, Sept. 5, we'll discuss the following episodes....

Just Like Gwen and Gavin

Friday Night's Alright for Fighting

You've Been Gilmored

A Vineyard Valentine

Bridesmaids Revisited

To add to the discussion above....yes, I'm realizing as I rewatch season 6 that Amy Sherman Palladino has a lot to make up for.  What a bunch of sad, depressing crap.  I'm actually very optimistic that she has done a good job.  

So, after a week and a half of starting my series rewatch for the first time since the show actually aired, I have finally caught up. I am on A Vineyard Valentine right now and am in wonder with how quickly I've caught up, even through the mess that was the end of season 5 and season 6 thus far. I think I'm numb to everything, because I haven't experienced anything truly anger inducing. At least, not on Luke Danes level! 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, cantbeflapped said:

This week for the rewatch....

The Great Stink

Go, Bulldogs!

French Twist

Introducing Lorelai Planetarium

Knit, People, Knit!!

To be discussed in the season 7 thread.

We really need a "dislike" button for posts like this. This is worse than when we had to do Vineyard Valentine and Bridesmaids in the same week!

And to finish things up this week...

Lorelai? Lorelai?

Unto the Breach

Bon Voyage 

I've so enjoyed this rewatch.  You guys helped me push through season 6 when I didn't think I could go on.  :). And we finished plenty ahead of the revival.  

I am kicking myself repeatedly for not seeing this whole "assignment" when it began and I could have kept up with the schedule! Instead, I am lagging behind everyone, midway through Season 4 with no one to TAWK to about it and constantly basically talking to myself/the TV (it doesn't answer). 

I am consistently reminded (and slightly astounded) how many of my daughter and my "in-jokes" are Gilmore-related. Last night ... I confess ... I actually texted her (even though I knew, or assumed, she would NOT have her iPhone on since she was away for the weekend at friends' wedding) just to say "I'M WATCHING THE CULS-DE-SAC EPISODE!!!!!"

I am officially lame.

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
1 minute ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I am kicking myself repeatedly for not seeing this whole "assignment" when it began and I could have kept up with the schedule! Instead, I am lagging behind everyone, midway through Season 4 with no one to TAWK to about it and constantly basically talking to myself/the TV (it doesn't answer). 

We all are really good at talking these things to death (I say this with love) so talk in the season threads with us! :)