Type keyword(s) to search

London Has Fallen (2016)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Maybe Gerard Butler is hoping for Liam Neeson-type movies.  

I just feel like the tone of this was very different from the first movie- I don't remember the fight/kill scenes being nearly as gratuitous or Liam Neeson-like. It seemed to rely more on the tension of the hostage situation.

The budget here was 60 million, so it might at least make back its budget, at least by the time you get to do overseas box.

Edited by methodwriter85

This movie might not sink Butler's star power by itself, but it's part of a one-two punch with Gods of Egypt being released a week earlier and belly flopping so hard there's no water left in the pool. I think he may have just Taylor Kitsched himself out of a career.

• Love 2

I'm still not sure how the plot to assassinate the President failed given that about 99.999% of the British security services were part of the plot for no discenable reason.

In any case, that's why you send the Vice-President to state funerals.

• Love 1