Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Alone with Everybody

(edited)

Three week hiatus!

When rumors begin to spread about the remaining white oak bullet, dangerous foes descend upon New Orleans in an attempt to take down Klaus once and for all. As the threats continue to grow, Elijah urges his siblings to lay low at the compound while Marcel, Vincent and Josh chase down a lead involving a mysterious vampire named Sofya, who may have the answers they're looking for. Meanwhile, tensions inside the compound build as Kol is forced to come face to face with his brother Finn, the person responsible for his death. Elsewhere, Klaus and Hayley seek shelter with her former pack and stumble upon some unsettling news involving the threat against them.

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tToNi44VDyI

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I knew Lucien was up to no good when he was being too helpful! I'm okay with it though because I never trusted him to begin with. Still not sure why he had Freya kidnapped when he could have just had Vincent confiscate the bullet and then Lucien's part in all of this would remain unknown.

Damn it, more woof storylines? I thought that since Hayley and Klaus were on the lam, we would at least be spared all the pack/woof stuff for a little while. It's not that I dislike werewolves themselves. I just hate the plots they get on this show.

I guess now that Cami is off doing her own thing and separated from Klaus, the writers decided that Hayley gets to give Klaus lectures now. I'm glad someone pointed out to him that it's his own dickish behavior that put him in this predicament of being on the run from his enemies. When he tried to justify is with his usual "I do whatever is necessary to protect the family," I just rolled my eyes. Yes, clearly being a dick to Hollis while he was helping you guys hide was necessary.

I go back and forth on Davina, but I totally laughed when she cursed Finn to remain trapped in his vampire body so he couldn't fulfill his dream of being put into a witch's body. As revenge goes, that's pretty good. Plus as a witch, I'm sure she doesn't want a fellow witch to lose his or her life just so Finn can jump in and take over that body.

Interesting that Davina's revenge is what caused Elijah not to destroy the bullet. Elijah and Klaus have never spoken of their immortality the way Finn did. Elijah and Klaus see their unkillability as an asset but Finn sees it as unending torture. I think that if Freya hadn't been there, Elijah might have just thrown the bullet in the fire anyway. Can't the just dagger Finn when he gets tired of being a vampire? From what Rebekah said the first time they undaggered her, it was like being asleep and unaware of what was going on (unlike Papa Tunde's mystical knife of pain). Or have the writers decided that being daggered is torture too?

I found it funny how Elijah seems to be off his game when having to handle Finn and Kol fighting. He's so used to dealing with Klaus throwing a hissy fit you'd think he'd be prepared for anything. I would have loved to see Klaus's reaction though, I can see him either smacking the crap out of both of them and sending them to opposite sides of the house or just sitting back with a glass of wine and enjoying the show while making snarky commentary. 

Uh, Finn, if you hate immortality that much, the solution would be to USE THE BULLET IMMEDIATELY. Not letting it frikkin' float around in the world waiting to kill anyone in your family until you decide you've had enough. Shit or get off the pot, dude.

• Love 5

Klaus in that Mother Trucker made my night. JM, you are a treasure. And Elijah just saying the word "stay-cation" made me lol. 

Ya know, I am shallow. At first I was very pissed at Davina cursing Finn to eternity in his own Original body, she's not a part of the family, shouldn't have a say in what happens with them even though she's dating one of them, blah blah, but if it keeps Finn in that foine body, I'm all for it. :-D What I really want to see is Finn and Freya re-connecting again as brother and sister, they're the eldest of the Mikaelsons and in some flashbacks on previous episodes we were shown how close they were as the at-the-time only Mikaelson children before their worlds were torn apart thanks to Esther and Dahlia. 

Sigh. I knew Lucien was behind the auction before the characters wondered just who could be behind the auction. Just think of the most convoluted way of getting something or getting something done on this show and who is actually capable of doing it and boom, there's your suspect. (eye roll)

• Love 2

Uh, Finn, if you hate immortality that much, the solution would be to USE THE BULLET IMMEDIATELY. Not letting it frikkin' float around in the world waiting to kill anyone in your family until you decide you've had enough.

Exactly. Elijah was too soft - if Klaus had been there he would have let NOTHING stand in the way of destroying that bullet. And since Finn loathes himself, his vampirism, and seemingly his own family so much, it would surely have been merciful to put him out of his misery straight away. 

And now Lucien and his nostrils of doom have the bullet. Oh dear!

• Love 1
(edited)

To bad Lucien went rogue, I could have shipped him with Freya.

This show (and the mothership which I stopped watching) are very bad about having supposedly smart, powerful witches be not so smart or powerful for plot reasons.  This episode alone had Vincent taking down several vampires before not being able to take down the blond vampire.  And I wasn't clear on why that was.  Freya talking about protecting the bullet with lots of spells, then walking down a dark street, unprotected, with the bullet in her hand for anyone to take.  Davina smugly takes on Finn locking him in his vampire form, but doesn't protect herself from counter attack (either by telekinetically tossing him away or a brain aneurism).

Speaking of Davina, did anyone else think "how rude" when she ripped that page out of another witche's grimoire? She could have just snapped a pic with her phone.

Also, I adore how Josh is really coming into his own, being smart about the bullet, asking to join the Stryx, playing his part at the hotel.  Dude has gained a great deal of confidence. 

Edited by Impish Dragon
  • Love 1