Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Minute by Minute

(edited)

With help from the Freelancers, Kiera must stop Alec from altering history in his quest to save Emily, though she's unsure whether the Freelancers can truly be trusted.

It's been a long time since season 2 ended, and the time travel concepts on this show have always been challenging (in a good way) to follow, so the Syfy has a wiki, even with a lot of typos and poor organization, has some useful information, especially the character pages: continuum.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters --although I had to use the site's search box to find Escher's page.

When the episode ended, it seemed only 20 minutes had passed instead of over 40. Heh.

Edited by shapeshifter
(edited)

The fight between Keira/Garza and the guards was badass!

So Keira shot herself?? 

That scene pretty muched summed it up. I wonder which Alecs she is going to shoot (I would guess it would be the one with the big gash on his head).

Edited by TVSpectator
(edited)

I think she could only shoot the one with the gash if we spend time getting to know the other one. The one with the gash is the Alec the audience is attached to, so if Keira kills him, that would be a huge betrayal. Possibly unforgivable. I think she has to kill the one we don't know, like she killed the Keira we don't know, or maybe we'll have a season of two Alecs while she tries to sort it out and then she'll be too conflicted to kill either of them later.

Edited by madam magpie

Yeah, I thought she showed up after Alec Prime (gash head) found Keira Beta dead.  Plus, in the previews Alec has a line saying he might have found who shot Keira Beta.  My bet is it's Emily.  She had just shot Escher in the head right before.  With him out of the picture, I wonder if his company was left to Alec in his will?  With this big reset, Carlos and Betty never went to Liber8 and Betty is still an active mole.

I think past-Keira's murderer is ambiguous.  The way the scene is staged your gut reaction is Keira shot her other self to avoid a contact with her or because she would be a hindrance (not yet having experienced Alec's betrayal).  Alec's line in the previews could mean he was investigating Keira's death and was close to finding out she shot herself.  If that's what happened though, it would have made sense for Keira to hide her counterpart's body and not reveal to either Alec that she was from the future.

The other scenario is that Emily killed Keira as well as Escher and when Alec finds out he feels betrayed by her.  It looks like Emily is eliminating anyone who would interfere with Alec running off with her, most likely with the help of Kellogg.  He probably promised her that she and Alec would be left alone if she assassinated a list of people her provided her...a list of people that just happen to be a danger to him too. 

• Love 1

The other scenario is that Emily killed Keira as well as Escher and when Alec finds out he feels betrayed by her.  It looks like Emily is eliminating anyone who would interfere with Alec running off with her, most likely with the help of Kellogg.  He probably promised her that she and Alec would be left alone if she assassinated a list of people her provided her...a list of people that just happen to be a danger to him too.

Emily killing Escher seems a little less evil than killing Keira. Escher was forcing her to lie to Alec. Keira, OTH, bonded with her at the end of season 2. But I'm not sure if the murder of Keira 1 occured before or after she gained Emily's trust.

My take: I thought Keira shot her previous self to avoid all the complications resulting from having two of herself running around. Before she could dispose of the body, she heard Alec and found a quick hiding place until she could determine who had arrived. She didn't show up after Alec found the body, but stepped out of where she was waiting.

• Love 2

This really blew my mind. I agree with the poster that the episode seemed like 20 minutes it went by so fast. I do not understand Emily's motive for killing Escher. I am a bit confused by the time lines. 

So this episode gives an entirely different meaning to the phrase "Over my dead body!"

Just because Keira got the tattoo dots doesn't mean she drank the Koolaid, right?

Who else had the dots last season? Didn't Escher?

• Love 1
Who else had the dots last season? Didn't Escher?

Yes.  Also, that Liber8 guy that Kiera killed, whose name I can never remember.  I'm not clear if he had them all along (sounds like it by the way Kiera accused him of being able to stop the whole thing at the execution and not doing it) or if they recruited him after he "died". 

I'm so glad this show is back, but I'm a little lost. :/

I've been marathoning the series since Sunday and I'm finally watching the third season! Yay!

I have to say, this was easily my favorite episode of the series so far. It seems the show has fully developed now into one of the most interesting time travel stories I've ever seen. The scenes at the Freelancers' quarters were hypnotic and I loved seeing Keira teaming up with Garza. I even yelled out a NO! when Garza got shot. 

I don't know if I could forgive Alec for what he did to Keira so how could her? Still, I felt sorry for him when he saw Keira 2.0 dead on the floor but he could have used a longer time feeling bad before encountering his Keira.

The original timeline collapsing was interesting, I guess then that nothing Liber8 has done has affected the future, so old!Alec (version 1.0?) was wrong when he thought they could change the future. Now, either Alec 1.2 or 2.0, whichever of the two could have the ability to change that old!Alec wanted will die at some point I guess. Hmmm.

Edited by Dovega
  • Love 1