Type keyword(s) to search

I Love Lucy - General Discussion

SPLAIN
  • Start Topic

I watched a show recently where they were talking about how sitcoms made it to the air and other interesting things about a show. For I Love Lucy they were filmed in front of a live audience. They used a laugh track, but the laughter from the live audience was louder and was so good, they ended up selling it to other sitcoms.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

This channel popped up on Youtube.  Lots of colorized clips:  

I sure do miss the December airings that CBS used to give us, colorizing episodes. Though I have to admit the one for the Hollywood fashion show were Lucy was sunburned and wore that HIDEOUS Tweed Suit, I could have done without! Eh, @Cobalt Stargazer?

7 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I watched a show recently where they were talking about how sitcoms made it to the air and other interesting things about a show. For I Love Lucy they were filmed in front of a live audience. They used a laugh track, but the laughter from the live audience was louder and was so good, they ended up selling it to other sitcoms.

And I remember a special where one of the writers said that "Lucy Does The Tango" had the longest audience laughter in history, when she smashed into Ricky's chest and all the egg yolks dripped through her shirt and Lucy couldn't manage to fold her arms. I think "L.A. at Last!" where she sets her nose on fire would be a tie. I know I laugh so hard at both my tummy aches!😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

They used a laugh track, but the laughter from the live audience was louder and was so good, they ended up selling it to other sitcoms.

You can sometimes hear I Love Lucy laughtrack on other programs--"Uh oh" was Lucy's mother.

• Like 1