Type keyword(s) to search

Dancing With The Stars Casts Jodie Sweetin For Season 22

• Start Topic

(edited)

Dancing With the Stars switched from entertaining me to constantly annoying me years ago, and the parade of zelebs got very annoying. That said. after seeing her elevate the rest of the cast on Fuller House, I'm glad Sweetin got this, because I think there's a sincerity to her wanting it, a work ethic, and an actual reason.

I've mixed feeling about Top Model Nyle being on it. I mean he's exactly the kind of contestant that brings out the WORST in the show. The pandering. The Oh-It's-So-Inspirational Spin, and the resulting public reaction. Nyle was actually well placed on Top Model because while the judges could fall prey to that to a degree, being exempt from a live viewing audience meant any reactions like that in the home audience happened months later and didn't interfere with the contest. That's likely not going to be the case with DWTS. Or I could be overreacting here to the possibility. I mean Marlee Matlin only lasted half of her season.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Dancing With the Stars switched from entertaining me to constantly annoying me years ago, and the parade of zelebs got very annoying. That said. after seeing her elevate the rest of the cast on Fuller House, I'm glad Sweetin got this, because I think there's a sincerity to her wanting it, a work ethic, and an actual reason.

I've mixed feeling about Top Model Nyle being on it. I mean he's exactly the kind of contestant that brings out the WORST in the show. The pandering. The Oh-It's-So-Inspirational Spin, and the resulting public reaction. Nyle was actually well placed on Top Model because while the judges could fall prey to that to a degree, being exempt from a live viewing audience meant any reactions like that in the home audience happened months later and didn't interfere with the contest. That's likely not going to be the case with DWTS. Or I could be overreacting here to the possibility. mean Marlee Matlin only lasted half of her season.

I've a feeling the pandering won't be as extreme as they've done for other past contestants. While Nyle is certainly handsome, I don't expect he's got a huge fan base that will bring a lot of social media attention and I don't think he's well known enough to stir much media attention. Plus I don't see TPTB being particularly invested in Peta.  

From the names I've heard so far, I think all the attention is going to be on the 2 football players and GMA weatherwoman Ginger Zee who I expect will get daily cheerleading from the GMA hosts.  In fact, for the names out there so far,  you can probably just plunk those 3 right into the finals.

While I never watched Full House, what I've seen of Jody, she seems really nice and truly wanted to be on the show. I just wish she had a different pro. Watching Keo's teaching during the live rehearsal streaming, I was not at all impressed.  Perhaps he'll do better with someone who already has dance experience.

Why is this its own post?

Because it's linked to an article on the front page. Which appear to always get their own threads, except when they dovetail directly into an existing thread (like an episode thread). 

• Love 1