Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, MamaV said:

What is the longest and DCC has stayed with the organization?

I think it was 8 years. I remember something said that if Syd had stayed for one more year, she would have tied for longest DCC

• Love 1
6 hours ago, JC123 said:

I think they're gonna lose so many great vets year. Although that seems sad, it might mean some of the multi year audtionees may finally get given a chance.

I don't know about Jinelle but I think 5 years seems to be the goal for most of them doesn't it. I wonder if Jenna will go for longer like her bestie Syd? 

Theres gonna have to be a night soon when they cut multiple girls. There's too many left and not enough weeks. Any bets on who? 

Amy Simone for sure. Not sure about the rest. But I think they already know who will and will not be on the team. They rest of the cuts will,be for drama. JMO. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

Does TC resume Tuesday night? Do you think there will be a cut?

Yes it does and I think there will definitely be a cut. Shame too because I'm sure the girls on th bubble will have been practicing hard all weekend. 

I think there's enough talent for a team of 36. I also love having the vets there longer, they all really lead by example and that is something the younger girls need for sure. It's fun watching them year after year, grow, mature, and really come in to their  own. Listen to me, I sound like a proud momma.LOL!

• Love 3

I wish they had kept Courtney last year. She did everything they asked and would have been an asset to the team. My son plays minor league hockey and there is this saying that every year coaches make three mistakes when they choose their team (kids they should have chosen, kids they wish they had chosen, kids they should not have chosen, decisions they would make differently if they could do it again etc...). Anyway, I have often wondered if k&j have that feeling too...things they would do differently if they could do it all over. I bet Courtney is one of those regrets. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Yes! I think Courtney is probably a big regret for them - especially as she didn't come back this year and they did seem to really like her. Think it was for college but still, was disappointed to not see her again! It makes me cross because I thought courtney was just as pretty and just as good a dancer at DCC style as Kat, but they kept her. 

Edited by JC123
  • Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, TXStar35 said:

Kelli has received nothing but absolute praise the entirety of training camp. Comments like "how did we never notice your talent before", "a diamond in the ruff", and "I couldn't stop watching you". I am happy for her, she looked great at finals!

That's so interesting - I often wonder about that.  How is it possible for a person to try out multiple times and not make the team (or sometimes not make it to TC) and yet one year, they make show group (which is suppose to be the elite dancers / performers)?  I would think if they were that wow, they would have made the team to begin with (unless it was weight that kept them off in first place).  Do you guys think that the field/competition is weaker this year with so many vets gone?  Maybe it's more of a luck thing?

I was very surprised (but happy) that Madelaine made SG.  Very unexpected as I was simply hoping she doesn't get cut.  It's not like they were so wowed by her before they cut her so I'm shocked that she managed to make the elite squad (where you have amazing dancers like Melissa, Megan, etc.). 

Also surprise to hear that one can make show group and STILL be cut during training camp.  That seems super weird to me ... I mean if they're good enough for show group, why wouldn't they be good enough for the overall general squad?  Don't understand logic - someone help?

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:02 PM, Annette said:

It sounds as if you're describing her face as a pumpkin. A juvenile look? Well she is 18 not 25 or 30. I recall Jenn being referred to as "too young or juvenile" & let's look at her now. I personally believe many of the past powerhouse DCC's (Hello Sydney) made the team young then grew-up within its structure.  

Mads is incredibly well liked & popular. Everyone I'm familiar with in the Utah dance community seems to love her. She is modest, sweet & generous. She has held a job & had to pay her way for a long time (hence the more plain costumes).

Mads is a young woman. She's fresh & pretty. She isn't overly styled with gallons of makeup. I've seen her kick in person & she's fine. I know the Utah connections from Tobey to Courtney. Madeline is an incredible dancer which is why she made SG. She can kick & do the splits as well as anyone. They may not be her strongest skill, but they are plenty good enough. I don't believe for one second she makes SG yet fails to make the team. 

One of Mad's biggest positives is how extremely well spoken she is, especially for someone so young. It's common with many Mormon's because they are required to speak in front of their congregations frequently. 

I'm thrilled to see Madeline is on SG & one step closer to realizing her dream. I can't wait to see another Utahn set to take her turn as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

Some people just have a round face -- I know I do lol and in pictures, I look so much bigger than other girls because my face is so much bigger.  Kind of a bummer really.  I think Madeline definitely looks young but a lot "classier" than last year with the goth hair color.  I also think she looks a lot like Sam, Keli's daughter.  Anyone with me here?

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:07 PM, bigskygirl said:

Here is the whole Show Group list.  Looks like Robin made it. Danielle may have not want to be in Show Group because of her job. She said she is lucky to get off at 5:00 p.m. and to get a workout in before heading to practice. Miss Kitty said the girls are not required to go out for Show Group, but all the girls would still audition.

Love that Danielle works a full-time job that's steady and can help set her up for post-DCC life.  Overall, I just appreciate it when the girls aren't doing jobs like dance or barre teacher.  Gives them another dimension.  It's obvious the girl has had to work for what she gets -- she's not one that's livin' off daddy's money.  Eck - not a fan of that!!

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:36 PM, kalibean said:

I hope they go with a bigger team this year - maybe 38. Last year had so many injuries that Emma (?) seemed like a permanent member instead of an all-star. Seems like it's a good idea to have a fuller team and sit a couple out if need be, or cut in season. Then again, that's why they have the all stars. Lol. I guess I don't know how to feel, and it's not like I normally disagree with the cuts they make. 

From last year's squad, I probably would have kept Taylor's lower kicks since I felt those weren't as bad as Cat's lack of power, but Cat brought the different in her gymnastic ability. And I miss Courtney's cute face! Oh the carnage of late TC cuts last year. 

Totally agree with you!!  I absolutely would have kept Taylor even if just to compensate for girls who have a history of injuries.  That girl could perform! She had such power and presence that you couldn't help but look at her.  I mean I would think the cheerleaders spend more time performing dances than kicking so shouldn't that be more important?  And I'm with you that to me, the lower kicks weren't any worst off than Kat's lack of power.  Still so sad / bummed about Taylor although she's clearly moved on lol. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MamaV said:

I wish they had kept Courtney last year. She did everything they asked and would have been an asset to the team. My son plays minor league hockey and there is this saying that every year coaches make three mistakes when they choose their team (kids they should have chosen, kids they wish they had chosen, kids they should not have chosen, decisions they would make differently if they could do it again etc...). Anyway, I have often wondered if k&j have that feeling too...things they would do differently if they could do it all over. I bet Courtney is one of those regrets. 

Couldn't agree more, I cried when she got cut. She has an impressive fan base and if anyone fit "the girl next door" persona, it was Courtney. 

I just loved both Courtney and Taylor - I thought they were such lovely girls, and they would have been really devoted and great additions to the team overall IMO.  I also still feel like there was a missed opportunity for MTT to have Mackenzie Lee come in and do a cameo to coach Taylor - she was another of my all-time favorites and she worked very very hard on her kicks and maybe could have helped Taylor with hers.  I wish Taylor would try out again, although it sounds like she is doing wonderfully and I'm glad she is.  I feel the same for Courtney too, and all the girls that got cut.  I know it's how it works and how DCC keeps the standards high but it is so enormously important for most of these girls and my heart hurts for them when they don't get it even when they're working so hard.  

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

That's so interesting - I often wonder about that.  How is it possible for a person to try out multiple times and not make the team (or sometimes not make it to TC) and yet one year, they make show group (which is suppose to be the elite dancers / performers)?  I would think if they were that wow, they would have made the team to begin with (unless it was weight that kept them off in first place).  Do you guys think that the field/competition is weaker this year with so many vets gone?  Maybe it's more of a luck thing?

I was very surprised (but happy) that Madelaine made SG.  Very unexpected as I was simply hoping she doesn't get cut.  It's not like they were so wowed by her before they cut her so I'm shocked that she managed to make the elite squad (where you have amazing dancers like Melissa, Megan, etc.). 

Also surprise to hear that one can make show group and STILL be cut during training camp.  That seems super weird to me ... I mean if they're good enough for show group, why wouldn't they be good enough for the overall general squad?  Don't understand logic - someone help?

The same thing happened with Hannah. The year before she made the team (and show group), she auditioned and didn't make it past finals. She is obviously an amazing dancer and was in great shape at the time, so it just goes to show that some amazing girls can slip through the cracks. I'm just surprised that Kelli hasn't made it before with Kitty's endorsement, but stranger things have happened.

As far as rookies on show group being cut, it's a rare thing. They've never actually shown it happening on the show, so I feel like the chance of any of the rookie show group picks getting cut is pretty slim.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:00 AM, LaurenBrook said:

Kali looked like Jessica Simpson to me lol (I love Jess so that is a compliment)

WOW...checked Bethany's IG and no wonder they loved her body in the uniform! she has incredible legs.  Looks like she is good friends with Kyndall and Jessika.  The latter is another that's been under the radar.  I wonder how she is doing...

yeah to me too.  Like a blonde bombshell .. uber sexy and pretty.  She was at a disadvantage with her height, chest and muscular stature but I thought she was beautiful.  K+J sometimes make the weirdest decisions

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

yeah to me too.  Like a blonde bombshell .. uber sexy and pretty.  She was at a disadvantage with her height, chest and muscular stature but I thought she was beautiful.  K+J sometimes make the weirdest decisions

I honestly wonder if there are some girls like that who Charlotte STRONGLY suggests cutting. Just from comments she makes on the show it seems she is one of the pickiest with how girls look..not having an 'hd ready face', looking stocky, etc. I know Kelli is the captain lol but I wonder sometimes if she gets strong hints from Charlotte to make certain decisions. 

• Love 3

Charlotte is technically Kelli's boss (President over the DCC) so if Charlotte really doesn't like a girl and Kelli and Judy kinda do I think Charlotte trumps them.

i know one girl (can't name names and y'all probably don't know her anyway) who has NEVER gotten passed the first round, even though she could easily make finals IMHO. She confided in me that back in highschool she had a little bit of drama with Haley Anderson, and has always wondered if she's on Charlottes black list. We know a few of the same alumni and I know she's gotten tips from them. She always seems to be looked over though.

• Love 3

Me thinks outside influences have a major say so in who makes it to TC and who makes the team aka Charlotte and even CMT. I also think a lot of the girls who were on the bubble like Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRue make the team because someone else wants them on the team instead of Kelli and/or Judy, but they do not make it back for a second year or do not try out again. In other words, yes someone else help you make the team, but you are on your own during the season and at tryouts the following year.

6 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Charlotte is technically Kelli's boss (President over the DCC) so if Charlotte really doesn't like a girl and Kelli and Judy kinda do I think Charlotte trumps them.

i know one girl (can't name names and y'all probably don't know her anyway) who has NEVER gotten passed the first round, even though she could easily make finals IMHO. She confided in me that back in highschool she had a little bit of drama with Haley Anderson, and has always wondered if she's on Charlottes black list. We know a few of the same alumni and I know she's gotten tips from them. She always seems to be looked over though.

I can absolutely see that happening.  It's not fair but I can see it.  

I try to really pay attention during auditions to what Charlotte's comments are.  Usually what she says seems to go...like when Liz Reuter came back and Kelli was like "she was cut for being soft" and Charlotte was like, "she still is" and yeah, Liz didn't make it back even tho you could see judy still really liked her.  

The ONLY one I can remember Charlotte being against and still making it back was Ann Lux. 

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Me thinks outside influences have a major say so in who makes it to TC and who makes the team aka Charlotte and even CMT. I also think a lot of the girls who were on the bubble like Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRue make the team because someone else wants them on the team instead of Kelli and/or Judy, but they do not make it back for a second year or do not try out again. In other words, yes someone else help you make the team, but you are on your own during the season and at tryouts the following year.

I strongly feel this was the case with Loni Lindsay and possibly Yoshiko; they had very influential people who wanted them. With Loni, how otherwise would a first-year girl get such a prominent place in the team photo?

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

The same thing happened with Hannah. The year before she made the team (and show group), she auditioned and didn't make it past finals. She is obviously an amazing dancer and was in great shape at the time, so it just goes to show that some amazing girls can slip through the cracks. I'm just surprised that Kelli hasn't made it before with Kitty's endorsement, but stranger things have happened.

As far as rookies on show group being cut, it's a rare thing. They've never actually shown it happening on the show, so I feel like the chance of any of the rookie show group picks getting cut is pretty slim.

Hannah is gorgeous. Does anyone think Hannah got a boob job? I have always wondered when we saw in her second year tryouts. Maybe that's what kept her falling out of her turns. 

(edited)
44 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

I can TOTALLY see that. Especially if it was bad drama/ongoing. Like there's petty drama and bad drama lol.

That leads me on to something else, actually; Charlotte seems the type to really push for cutting people for little/no reason. Fixating on really minor things. Like in reality, she's the president of such and such or whatever (I'd be so good at panel interviews LOL), but makes 0 appearance all through training camp, cameos, squad photo day. It's probably the same throughout the season, I never see pictures of her at anything with the girls. So how well does she actually know the girls? id argue she doesn't know them well enough to push for cuts like she does - they might come to finals like 5/6 pounds heavier or just having a bloated day like Kali, but Charlotte probably has no idea what that girl brings to the squad in terms of teaching, leadership, fan favourite or locker room favourite etc. 

Edited by JC123
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I can TOTALLY see that. Especially if it was bad drama/ongoing. Like there's petty drama and bad drama lol.

That leads me on to something else, actually; Charlotte seems the type to really push for cutting people for little/no reason. Fixating on really minor things. Like in reality, she's the president of such and such or whatever (I'd be so good at panel interviews LOL), but makes 0 appearance all through training camp, cameos, squad photo day. It's probably the same throughout the season, I never see pictures of her at anything with the girls. So how well does she actually know the girls? id argue she doesn't know them well enough to push for cuts like she does - they might come to finals like 5/6 pounds heavier or just having a bloated day like Kali, but Charlotte probably has no idea what that girl brings to the squad in terms of teaching, leadership, fan favourite or locker room favourite etc. 

Ehhh, I don't know.  I sort of always thought they opposite - that Charlotte is always lurking lol  I don't think she puts most of her attention on DCC but I can see her checking in quite frequently...seeing who is fun to watch at games, who is popular with fans, who looks heavy in pictures, etc.  Now whether she knows all that goes on in the locker rooms, I doubt that. 

I could be WAY off though.  I know she has a million jobs and cheerleaders are just part of it. I guess I just got that impression from the Ann Lux situation where she talked like she'd been watching Ann during the season and didn't think she smiled enough or whatever.  lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Couldn't agree more, I cried when she got cut. She has an impressive fan base and if anyone fit "the girl next door" persona, it was Courtney. 

Which Courtney are you talking about...sorry I'm having a senior moment?

2 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Courtney Johnson from last season. At least that's who I was talking about lol

Ok, I think she was season before last, right??? Kelli made her a red head??

10 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

No, you're thinking of Courtni Shea who was cut at finals  going into her second year, I think at the beginning of season 9. Courtney Johnson was a TCC last season. She was a blonde who had a lot of face time with the camera. She didn't make the team.

• Love 2

Sorry - the threads a bit all over the place.. With no new info to gossip about all weekend we're just talking about everything haha. 

Im still seeing lots of pictures from 4th July celebrations and Kelli looks like she's on holiday - are we 100% sure there's a practice tonight? It can't be a cut night if Kelli's not there, surely..

• Love 1
1 minute ago, JC123 said:

Sorry - the threads a bit all over the place.. With no new info to gossip about all weekend we're just talking about everything haha. 

Im still seeing lots of pictures from 4th July celebrations and Kelli looks like she's on holiday - are we 100% sure there's a practice tonight? It can't be a cut night if Kelli's not there, surely..

As discussed earlier in the thread, J&K do not attend every practice.

Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

As discussed earlier in the thread, J&K do not attend every practice.

Yeah, sorry earlier we were all saying tonight HAS to be a cut night. But if Kelli's not there, there won't be, right? I don't know if it's the time difference but Holly's snapchats look like she's still with her family which are like 6 hours away aren't they? 

• Love 1

Technically no. But I have heard of Kitty and Vincent (works in the Cowboys office) pulling a prank on Jasmine and Ashley Ferrel their rookie season

CMT and K+J weren't there and they were basically two on the weaker RC's so kitty pretended to cut them. Ashley legitimately balled and Jasmine almost did but attempted to keep it together. 

Anywho; moral of the story anything is possible lol.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Technically no. But I have heard of Kitty and Vincent (works in the Cowboys office) pulling a prank on Jasmine and Ashley Ferrel their rookie season

CMT and K+J weren't there and they were basically two on the weaker RC's so kitty pretended to cut them. Ashley legitimately balled and Jasmine almost did but attempted to keep it together. 

That is horrifying! How cruel!

• Love 4

Hello All! I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing holiday weekend! Well another week of TC begins and its "Rookie Week" so no Vets (required) at rehearsals and no CMT so no cuts this week. I would expect a very quiet week on all fronts in prep for a very cut heavy next week.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Hello All! I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing holiday weekend! Well another week of TC begins and its "Rookie Week" so no Vets (required) at rehearsals and no CMT so no cuts this week. I would expect a very quiet week on all fronts in prep for a very cut heavy next week.

Thanks TCStar35!  I love hearing from you!

1 hour ago, dalgal214 said:

Huh. Well that's just really mean. :\

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Hola TXStar, have you heard anything on how big the team will be? I am hoping for a 40 member team myself because I want so many of these girls to make it. Any idea of what happened with Bethanny? Last year Kelli and Judy said Kaleigh had a Wow! Body yet she got cut. I agreed with your thoughts that Bethanny would make a great 50 yard girl with her height.  I hope you had a fantastic weekend too! 

1 hour ago, dalgal214 said:

It makes me respect Ashley and Jasmine even More. Wow, Kitty really had her claws out for Ashley. Bad bad kitty!

Also makes me respect the RBF that Amy S gave to Kitty during a prep class a couple seasons ago. Kitty was in bully mode, and Amy reacted as I imagine she would if some tough guy got in her face at her former auto plant.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

Hola TXStar, have you heard anything on how big the team will be? I am hoping for a 40 member team myself because I want so many of these girls to make it. Any idea of what happened with Bethanny? Last year Kelli and Judy said Kaleigh had a Wow! Body yet she got cut. I agreed with your thoughts that Bethanny would make a great 50 yard girl with her height.  I hope you had a fantastic weekend too! 

The team should be no more than 36, but as we saw last year very well could be less. I believe Bethany was cut for a multitude of reasons from dance and style to looks (IMO).

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

The team should be no more than 36, but as we saw last year very well could be less. I believe Bethany was cut for a multitude of reasons from dance and style to looks (IMO).

Facial looks? Because her figure had been described as good in the uniform, plus she has very long legs.

If she has long legs, she might be a bit gangly.. noodly. Bambi kinda thing? Lol. She doesn't seem sad about it though (maybe she's a more private person but those free agent hashtags on her insta posts seemed snarky to me) so maybe it was for the best all round 

47 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

How do they decide the number of cheerleaders each year? Is it a budget or space issue?

1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

Thanks TXSTAR35!  Do you know why they took so many RC to training camp?  Seems like they made their own jobs difficult by involving so many at TC. Just wondering!  Thanks!

6 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yes, we were talking about Courtney from last season. She was one of the very last cuts before announcing the team. It really surprised the heck out of me.

6 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

It wasn't a prank, CMT, Kelli and Judy were there and were filming. Vincent Tran, the stadium manager was not involved. Kelli and Judy called Jasmine and Ashley in together after field practice at the stadium, Kitty was there and got herself all worked up and told Jasmine and Ashley that it was their last night.  Kelli and Judy said no, no, no and Kitty realized what she had done and tried to act like it was a prank. It was not.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, cashandprizes said:

It wasn't a prank, CMT, Kelli and Judy were there and were filming. Vincent Tran, the stadium manager was not involved. Kelli and Judy called Jasmine and Ashley in together after field practice at the stadium, Kitty was there and got herself all worked up and told Jasmine and Ashley that it was their last night.  Kelli and Judy said no, no, no and Kitty realized what she had done and tried to act like it was a prank. It was not.

What?! How does kitty get something like that wrong? This story is crazy

• Love 2