Type keyword(s) to search

Soap - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I am enjoying the reruns on IFC. The cast is terrific, especially Richard Mulligan as Burt.

BURT: How much time do I have left, Doc?

DOCTOR: You've got about five months.

BURT: Five?! Everybody else gets six! Why do I get five?!

• Love 4

I'm not sure if anyone still visits this thread. I've been watching SOAP on LOGO for the last couple months. They have it on really early in the morning which is nice and its still so funny! I love Burt thinking his invisible and also explanation on how he murdered Mary's first husband. I loved Danny trying to kill Burt in the kitchen and Burt never realizing it. The Godfather was hilarious. Well, actually everyone was hilarious. I loved how they always commented on the weird things that happened to them or tried to explain them to new people they met. Like when Corinne was trying to tell the doctor she couldn't be five months pregnant because she'd only been married a month and before that was Peter who was dead and Jessica cheerfully explains her husband killed Peter. The expression on the doctor's face was awesome. Not to mention her expression as Jessica tried to guess insane ways Corinne could have gotten pregnant. And of course Chuck and Bob.  I really hate that the show was only on for four years.

• Love 4
On 6/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, andromeda331 said:

I'm not sure if anyone still visits this thread. I've been watching SOAP on LOGO for the last couple months. They have it on really early in the morning which is nice and its still so funny! I love Burt thinking his invisible and also explanation on how he murdered Mary's first husband. I loved Danny trying to kill Burt in the kitchen and Burt never realizing it. The Godfather was hilarious. Well, actually everyone was hilarious. I loved how they always commented on the weird things that happened to them or tried to explain them to new people they met. Like when Corinne was trying to tell the doctor she couldn't be five months pregnant because she'd only been married a month and before that was Peter who was dead and Jessica cheerfully explains her husband killed Peter. The expression on the doctor's face was awesome. Not to mention her expression as Jessica tried to guess insane ways Corinne could have gotten pregnant. And of course Chuck and Bob.  I really hate that the show was only on for four years.

This show used to be so saucy!!!  I was in junior high when it was first on (born in early 1965) and this was before VCR's - my mom used to change her beauty salon appointment to watch this show!!  It was so funny and sadly it got cancelled due to conservative groups getting outraged.....funny what gets aired today in comparison!!

Everyone on this show was top notch and brillant!!

• Love 2
On 3/12/2016 at 6:19 PM, tomsca67 said:

I am enjoying the reruns on IFC. The cast is terrific, especially Richard Mulligan as Burt.

BURT: How much time do I have left, Doc?

DOCTOR: You've got about five months.

BURT: Five?! Everybody else gets six! Why do I get five?!

...and as Burt goes to leave the doctor’s office, understandably upset: 

Doctor: “Are you gonna be OK, Burt?

Burt: “Apparently not!”

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Pulled out a tape and watched a couple episodes from early on around the time of Peter's murder! It's hilarious! Everyone has a secret so everyone looked guilty or complicit! Benson really took off being spun off into his own series! Doubtful they could remake it; it was just an unbelievable show even back then over 35 years ago! ;-)

• Love 3

The many secrets of each and every character being played! OTTH:

Chester? -

Jessica? -

Corrine? -

Eunice? -

Benson? -

Billy? -

Burt? -

Mary? -

Danny? -

Jody? -

The only one who wasn't hiding something was the Major!

Spoiler

Chester - Multiple affairs, manipulation of investors, & he was later accused and confirmed to be the murderer of Peter! According to originators it was supposed to be his brother with the dummy, Chuck & Bob!

Jessica - Had affair with Peter!

Corrine - Secretly in love with a priest, Father Tim!

Eunice - Having an affair with a married politician!

Benson - he admits to secrets to attorney for Jessica, but all I can remember is a hooker who called him by name! The same also knew "Chet!"

Billy - Having affair with his teacher!

Burt - Accidently knocked off Mary's 1st husband!

Mary - She had a dalliance with Chester before he married Jessica and produced Danny from that union! When he needed a kidney, Chester had to come through!

Danny - Worked with the mob which really wasn't a secret, but he was never hardcore!

Jody - Having affair with a football quarterback, but on the QT back then!

Anymore? Feel free to add on! - - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_(TV_series) - -

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, Vixenstud said:

Had a big crush on Richard Mulligan, though he always reminded me of Tigger.

I only watch Seasons 1 and 2; once Elaine dies, I'm out.

I always watch it all the way through although season four is my least favorite. I got tired of El Puerco early on and didn't like that Corinne left. I always liked her better then Eunice and hated how she ended up treating Dutch. 

• Love 1
On 3/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, andromeda331 said:

I didn't like that Corinne left. I always liked her better then Eunice and hated how she ended up treating Dutch. 

Same here; also hated how, after Eunice 'won' Dutch from Corinne in the card draw, she was a bitchy sore winner.  And after all that, she still didn't treat Dutch right!

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Same here; also hated how, after Eunice 'won' Dutch from Corinne in the card draw, she was a bitchy sore winner.  And after all that, she still didn't treat Dutch right!

She really didn't. She won him. Then continued to treat him like crap and cheated on him. Constantly cheated on him.