Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: I Am God

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "A restless Veronica is plagued by dreams in which the students killed in the bus crash confront her. Meanwhile, Logan and Wallace are paired together for a physics project that neither is enthusiastic about, until they discover that their success might help Veronica receive a scholarship. Later, when a large number of students are diagnosed with a medical ailment that gives them the right to postpone school tests and projects, a concerned principal Clemmons hires Keith to investigate the validity of the disorder."

Logan and Wallace working on the egg drop project is great. I like that we finally get to see them interact with each other. I like Wallace telling Veronica that she should maybe give Logan a break.

The dream stuff is an interesting choice, it calls back to Veronica's Lilly hallucinations from Season 1 I suppose but for some reason I think it plays a little strangely here.

I like Keith investigating the generalized anxiety disorder here by having to go on speed dates. It's fun.

This is probably one of the weakest episodes of the entire series for me, mostly because I feel like the hallucinations about the bus crash make no sense whatsoever.  It feels like they were scrambling to keep viewers up with what is an admittedly convoluted plot with too many characters and red herrings.  I hate the hallucination scenes, full stop.

That being said, the B-plots (is that the correct term?) in this episode are highly enjoyable.  I love seeing Logan and Wallace interact in an almost-positive way, and Keith's investigation of the "generalized anxiety disorder" stuff is great, too.

• Love 1

I never understood the point of the hallucinations because we don't really learn anything from them, and since the show isn't about Veronica being psychic and talking to dead people there's no reason for them. When she was just dreaming/talking to Meg it made SOME sense because she knew her, but this episode looses me in that area.

The b-plot is great though. Agree.

• Love 1

Yeah, the hallucinations are weird – as is Veronica suddenly revealing everything to the counselor, who she never liked. I guess the in is that she thinks her dad is back with her...but then wouldn't counselor lady just tell everything to Keith? I don't see what this structure really adds over just Veronica talking to her dad about it, especially since they're more or less working together on the bus investigation. (Though the extent to which that's true varies dramatically from episode to episode.)

• Love 1

Fun fact: The Logan/Wallace thing came out of the fact that a fan (who just so happens to be my sister, haha) asked why they had never interacted at the VM con known as Marsathon many years ago. That is why I will always have a special love of this episode. 

• Love 8

Interesting! They made sure to call out that they recognized that they never interacted since the scene with Logan smashing Veronica's lights. It felt to me when I watched it that someone had called attention to it to create that plot.

I agree that this episode didn't feel right. It seemed like there was a totally different writer for the show in charge of this one. It felt like maybe they looked up and realized that they'd been ignoring the bus crash story line for so many episodes and then - oops! only had a few episodes left to sum it up and solve it. It didn't feel like a typical VM episode.

Well, that was a bit surreal.  Not sure what the point was of the episode, other than the final reveal at the end that perhaps it was to kill the Casablanca boys.  But wasn't it Dick's dad who arranged for the limo?  So why would he do that if he was trying to kill them?  Or is it supposed to have been Kendall that tried to do the deed?  And someone had to watch at/near the cliff for the bus to 'hit the plunger?' 

And I guess there's something more about why the one gay boy was on the bus, going to a baseball field trip in the first place.

I laughed at Keith finding Veronica in Clemons' closet.  "Yup, that's mine."  hahaha

Re-watching the show and yes, this episode is very heavy on the exposition. I can't remember, but maybe the show was off for some holidays or something and they wanted to catch people up. But I do think there were a few interesting points, not just the insurance policy - this episode highlighted that someone had to be monitoring where the bus was, and yes also that one of the students was at the field trip for mysterious reasons.

I also enjoy that snotty student getting handed the final exam towards the end.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2014 at 11:20 PM, Michele said:

Fun fact: The Logan/Wallace thing came out of the fact that a fan (who just so happens to be my sister, haha) asked why they had never interacted at the VM con known as Marsathon many years ago. That is why I will always have a special love of this episode. 

That's great! and I'm glad it happened because it points out that they could have been closer friends and it never developed.

• Love 1