Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion for American Crime

The Abc.go website for this show has some info regarding the possible role of computer man. Didn't see a spoiler thread here so I won't post it.

Thanks for the tip.  I found this Taylor-related sneak peak scene:  Taylor buys weed and oxy from ....... none other than coach's daughter, Becca.

I couldn't find what you were referring to, but found this is an episode 6 recap in EW:  Better late than never: Gang member-turned-actor Richard Cabral, who received an Emmy nomination for his work on American Crime last season, pops up ever so briefly tonight as new character Sebastian de la Torre. Single-dad Sebastian is a computer geek who also appears to be running an underground vigilante operation targeting bullies and assailants online.

Edited by saoirse
Removed Spoiler Tags
  • Love 2

The Abc.go website for this show has some info regarding the possible role of computer man. Didn't see a spoiler thread here so I won't post it.

I saw a sneak peek video of Tyler and Becca. But nothing about computer guy. Can you tell me if it is a video or a write up?

ETA....I found this in an article on E! about American Crime....

But a new character's introduction in tonight's episode could change everything as season one standout Richard Cabral makes his season two debut as Sebastian. And while we don't know much about the character, executive producer Michael J. McDonald revealed, "He helps propel all this forward because he's sort of an Edward Snowden, Anonymous type character who gets involved and pushes all this out into the world. Many things are revealed. He's going to light the match."

Edited by nutty1

There was a write up which said : A person in the online community, unknown to Taylor and his mom, has information which can help them. This is kind of going along with my thought that some of what he saw or found out was related to Taylor's attack. 

• Love 1

Here are the next 3 episode guides:

Episode 7

Feeling nothing but pain and conflict, Taylor continues to become emotionally undone as he tries to find a way to stop feeling like a victim in American Crime Season 2 Episode 7 airing next week on ABC.

Episode 8

LEYLAND HIGH SCHOOL MOURNS THE LOSS OF ONE OF THEIR OWN; CURT ATTEMPTS TO FILE A MISSING PERSON’S REPORT WITH THE POLICE WHEN HE BELIEVES THAT HIS ESTRANGED WIFE, LILAH, HAS RUN OFF WITH THEIR SON, PETER; AND BECCA MAKES A STARTLING CONFESSION TO DAN, ON ABC’S “AMERICAN CRIME”

The Episode Features Interviews with Real-Life Columbine Teachers,

Along with Parents and Victims of LGBT Bullying

Episode 9

THE ENTIRE LEYLAND COMMUNITY IS FORCED TO RE-EXAMINE THE CHOICES THEY HAVE MADE IN THE WAKE OF AN ON-CAMPUS MURDER RELATED TO THE SEXUAL ENCOUNTER BETWEEN ERIC AND TAYLOR; SEBASTIAN TARGETS THE LEYLAND SCHOOL IN SUPPORT OF ANNE; AND CHRIS FINDS HIMSELF FACING A CAREER CROSSROADS AT MARSHALL HIGH SCHOOL

• Love 1

I'm pretty much sighing at the description of Episode 8. Really, show? They had to go there too? Not that it isn't an important issue, but with everything else the show is juggling, I think they were better off leaving that out.

The description leaves it open to be anyone at Leyland, teacher or student, but I'm pretty sure Leslie is safe and Chris is back in episode 9. I don't think any of the other teachers even have names. For some reason, I don't think Eric or Kevin are going to die -- there's still a fair bit of mileage left in both their stories -- which makes me think it might be one of the other basketball players. Specifically the ones that attacked Taylor.

Edited to add, I noticed that in IMDB one of unnamed basketball player actually has a name: Max Wesler. Now why would he need a name?

Edited by Woebegone

Per IMDB....The actor who plays Taylor is listed for 10 episodes, and the actors who play Kevin and Eric are only listed for 7. I wonder if something happens and they wont be there for the last few episodes?

I'm pretty much sighing at the description of Episode 8. Really, show? They had to go there too? Not that it isn't an important issue, but with everything else the show is juggling, I think they were better off leaving that out.

The description leaves it open to be anyone at Leyland, teacher or student, but I'm pretty sure Leslie is safe and Chris is back in episode 9. I don't think any of the other teachers even have names. For some reason, I don't think Eric or Kevin are going to die -- there's still a fair bit of mileage left in both their stories -- which makes me think it might be one of the other basketball players. Specifically the ones that attacked Taylor.

Edited to add, I noticed that in IMDB one of unnamed basketball player actually has a name: Max Wesler. Now why would he need a name?

Maybe Max's role was originally more significant, but edited out of the final product.

• Love 1

I think what happened is that IMDB either got the name wrong or were using an early version of the character's name. I mean, Eric is still listed as Eric Lupton in some places. It's the same actor though. He's still the only basketball player besides Kevin and Eric with a full name.

Oh and I saw a spoiler that says that Becca tells her dad something about something that happened at the party.

Edited to add new episode summaries for 9 and 10:

Season Two: Episode Nine

TV Episode
After a Leyland student is murdered on campus, members of the community re-examine their choices; Becca and Kevin are implicated in the shooting; Chris is at a crossroads.

Episode 10

TV Episode
Sebastian makes a stunning discovery; Steph and Dan deal with the consequences of Becca's arrest; Michael takes extreme measures to protect Kevin; Chris comes to a decision.

Edited by Woebegone

So from the episode descriptions for 9 and 10, we know personal information was leaked that implicates Kevin (in the attack against Taylor) and Becca (in the drug dealing). This sounds like Sebastien's work since I think the only other major character who knows about Kevin's involvement is Eric and Eric didn't know about Becca (Taylor knows about Becca, but he doesn't know about Kevin because Kevin wasn't present during the attack). I'm kind of curious know what kind of information is floating out there online that points the finger at Kevin -- maybe Wes messaged the other guys that "Kevin said Taylor needed a beatdown"?

Also, strangely enough, Eric wasn't mentioned at all, meaning that he might have slipped through the cracks, even with his phone call to Taylor that night.

http://www.eonline.com/news/742854/why-american-crime-won-t-give-viewers-the-scene-they-re-expecting

So, the article at the link is basically confirmation from Connor Jessup that Taylor and Eric never share the screen at any point. This far in and circumstances being what they are, I kind of figured that was the case, jut like I've come to accept that we're probably never going to have full clarity regarding what happened the night of the party. As usual, Jessup is very articulate in expressing the merits of the artistic choice of keeping Taylor and Eric separate, but honestly, as a viewer, I've been eager and hopeful about seeing Jessup and Joey Pollari together onscreen because they've both been absolutely incredible and because I still have so many burning questions about Taylor and Eric's association that I've come to realize are probably never going to be answered.

Among the many tragedies of this season is the real sense to me that Taylor and Eric could have actually been really good for each other if things had gone differently. Taylor's single line about Eric making him "feel safe" has really stayed with me.

Edited by jb1183
  • Love 3

. Taylor's single line about Eric making him "feel safe" has really stayed with me.

Me too. That line destroyed me. It's the only time I've ever heard him say something reassuring about anything or anyone.

• Love 1

Thoughts on how things will play out in the finale? I can see Becca and Eric arrested and maybe Kevin, too; so all the kids end up in jail. The preview shows Eric being led away in handcuffs.

Also, has anyone come across spoilers?

Which promo is this? I've only seen one that shows someone with pale skin having handcuffs put on. While this could be Eric, it could also be Becca who we know gets arrested for sure.

(edited)

Next to the rape and a life being taken the third crime is that Leslie will walk away without a scratch. But boy is that reality that a person like her would walk away, they usually do.

She's guilty of the same thing the rest of these adults are guilty of and for me I really can't stand any of these adults except for Anne and Eric's father.

Yeah, I feel nothing for this coach and his "love" for his daughter, as much as I can't stand Leslie, I can't stand him equally as much. He treated Eric as if he wasn't someone's child.  Not to mention, the bad mouthing of Taylor whether or not it was warranted or not, as the professional educator you need to be objective and in the end yes, have empathy for another young person lost. I feel for Becca because she's young and in the end her parents are a bad example, but I do not for her father.

He's actually worse than Leslie, because he's a hypocrite, judging her for her evil and he's no different.  It's a hard, deep, dark, long fall off that high horse he put himself on.

Edited by represent
  • Love 4