Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: The Reverse-Flash Returns

• Start Topic

No - it's Patty's absence that caused a resurgence in the "siblings!" argument against Westallen, once some fans realized that Iris wasn't being erased from the show (and replaced by Patty) and neither was westallen.

I have seen some fans actually blame Iris for the way the writers wrote Patty and blaming her for Patty leaving. I actually laugh at those post because it is obvious their hate is not about Iris, the character or how the writers writer Iris.

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 4

It's also very interesting to see all of the comments about the "sibling" stuff now that Patty is definitely gone. At least much of the vitriolic hate leveled at Iris is gone. I guess "but they're siblings!" is all that's left as a protest?

It depends on where you go. Saner parts of the fandom latch onto the "sibling" excuse while the messier parts invent reasons to hate Iris. But no, trust me, there has been a sudden reemergence of vitriol directed at her by the very same groups of people who've been praising how much better she'd become and even claiming to like her. It confirms my belief that the main reason she got hate in the first place was because it irked people to see her being loved by Barry.

Edited by driedfruit
  • Love 4