Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: My Struggle

Oh did anyone else get an "Observer" vibe from the man with the black Fedora in the 1947 flashback?

I totally did. It was also kinda weird and awesome to see Lincoln Lee from Fringe on the show, considering that show was the spiritual successor of the X-Files. 

I totally did. It was also kinda weird and awesome to see Lincoln Lee from Fringe on the show, considering that show was the spiritual successor of the X-Files. 

He was in this episode?  What character?

I just binge-watched my way through the first 3 episodes and liked this one the least. I never cared for the alien mythology ones much in the original, so no surprise there. But I have to mention the thing I caught less than a minute into the episode that no one has mentioned: Roswell is in southeastern New Mexico, NOT northwestern New Mexico. That's a petty essential fact to screw up, considering how important that is to your mythology.

That's an interesting point. IMO his show is relatively good at keeping those details straight, which makes me wonder if that is an intentional misdirect.

Decided to finally binge watch this. Glad to see it back of course but an unimpressive first episode. I hang out on Twitter talking climate change and I run into these batshit US conspiracy theorists all the time. So I hated hearing that dribble come out of Mulder's mouth. He sounds like he's about three seconds away from voting Trump. Having him come around to agreeing with the neocon mouthpiece of crazy didn't help.

Having said that, I always thought the alien storyline in the original didn't make any sense - especially by the end. You could argue that's because there are no aliens and this was 10 years of red herrings and that's where I was after the show ended. So that idea, at least, I'm behind.

I'm rewatching S10 in preparation for S11 coming out soon, and sadly, My Struggle is as much of a knee-jerk mess as I remember it being. 

I know that Mulder is one to jump to conclusions and all (no, really? LOL) but I really don't understand why Sveta's teary-eyed confession about the government being the ones who stole her babies and all that, meant that she was the Key to Everything and had him suddenly doubting anything and everything he'd ever believed.  Mulder, honey, we've been here before, many times.  So. Many. Times.  "He said they gave me this disease to make you believe."  Remember that, Mulder?  If anything was going to rattle your cage, it would have been your experiences with Scully, not some abductee you supposedly met years ago but don't even remember.  (Which totally makes me doubt her story, btw.  Mulder doesn't forget people.)