Type keyword(s) to search

Players in the People v OJ Simpson: Kathryn, Faye and Various Others

• Start Topic

why are they calling her a star of the reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.... sloppy writing/fact checking

Sorry, for some reason I keep hearing Clark Gable as Rhett Butler saying "A minor point at such a moment."  Ha!

Anyway, maybe they accidentally left out the modifier "guest" or maybe they don't watch RHBH, my guess is the later...

• Love 1

http://www.vanityfai...mpson-episode-4

In the foreword to her best-selling 1994 book, Nicole Brown Simpson: The Private Diary of a Life Interrupted, Simpson’s self-proclaimed best friend Faye Resnick writes, “Like most people, I shrink from exposing my innermost secrets and my most private and intimate actions.” And yet, as a tabloid fixture during the Simpson trail, and now a star of the reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, that is exactly how Resnick has made a name for herself.

Before she was a famous housewife or a character on The People v. O.J. Simpson, Resnick was a three-times divorced former manicurist with a drug problem who was wrapped up in the trial of the century. She decided to cash in on that cache-by-proxy with a 244-page tell-all about her friends O.J. and Nicole Simpson that New York magazine called the “apotheosis of trashiness.” After reading some of her choicest quotes below, you might be inclined to agree.

Resnick wrote the book in concert with National Enquirer columnist Mike Walker and, as depicted in Episode 4 of The People v. O.J. Simpson, the book was rushed to publication in October 1994—just three short months after Nicole’s death.

I can't get it to quote your quote.

BIB: why are they calling her a star of the reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.... sloppy writing/fact checking

I was surprised at the 15 outrageous passages.  Faye and Nicole hugged and kissed and held each other, divorced women wanting to start a business together-a Starbucks, checking the bushes for a lurking OJ.  I am just underwhelmed at these outrageous passages.  Obviously if Nicole announced to others she and OJ were DTF at social occasions, it probably wasn't exactly shocking to their friends.  Faye was pretty upfront about her drug habit.  I think the problem is it was not salacious enough.  Even back in the nineties this would normally not even register.

• Love 1

I can't read the first link because it is a beta file but not for nothing Faye wrote the book with Mike Walker, so she can stop bullshitting about having any type of scruples.

Faye really knows how to manipulate people. Lol

That is where her upbringing shows the most...

She thinks that she is sleek.

Faye can buy new faces and Chanel purses, but she'll never be anything but a lady who collaborated with the best-known TABLOID editor in the United States to rush to publish a book about her murdered friend's sex life within six months of her murder.  Oh, and a sequel.  Oh, but she was coked up?  No, sober? - wait, which is it?  When she gave her tawdry little quotes.  In a just world Faye could choke on a dick, I mean, on the thing you fellate in order to give a 'Brentwood hello' (that anecdote is CUTE!  What's cuter than selling that story within the same half-year as the subject's funeral?  Nothing, I say!)

Faye Resnick is a scumbucket and I'm insulting single-cell life forms, shower mold and buckets with the comparison.  I love Connie Britton, and I love that her performance was, IMO, pointed and showed the absolutely disgusting selfishness of Faye to do what she did.  There was NOTHING heroic, loving or friend-like in the portrayal.  Beautiful.

• Love 7

Nicole was murdered June 12, 1994.  Faye's book was out October 1, 1994.

OUT, written, bound, distributed in three and a half months.  She had to have cut that deal nearly immediately after the bodies were found for that to happen. 

Actually all she really did, in all probability, was tell tales and let the Enquirer guy write it all down and supply the cocaine, grass, and booze, and attention she craved, along with the money.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 11

Nicole was murdered June 12, 1994.  Faye's book was out October 1, 1994.

OUT, written, bound, distributed in three and a half months.  She had to have cut that deal nearly immediately after the bodies were found for that to happen. 

Actually all she really did, in all probability, was tell tales and let the Enquirer guy write it all down and supply the cocaine, grass, and booze, and attention she craved, along with the money.

Holy shit.  Well, wow. 

• Love 3

I finally finished reading Faye's book and while she definitely sounds like a moron throughout it, she also came across as someone who loved her friend. A lot of the stories are pretty tacky but the way she wrote about Nicole read more as someone who had been taught to use their sexuality and was excited to experiment with it. Even the Brentwood hello story didn't seem as salacious as I expected.

With regards to why write the book, Faye is pretty upfront from the get go that she was concerned after journals had been stolen that Nicole would be misrepresented and portrayed terribly. This was her way of controlling the spin.

Interesting that Cora claimed to hate Faye in her deposition. According the the book, Faye went to stay with Cora right before the murders and was going to get her things from Christian's when they did the intervention.

The other thing I had to remember as I read it was this is from the memory of a woman who was using coke and other drugs with more frequency by the end of the story.

Edited by luleetuni
  • Love 2
I think the problem is it was not salacious enough.

That was the problem with the book?

I guess TMCFR also could've posed for Hustler instead of Playboy. How decent of her to keep the exploitation klassy. 

With regards to why write the book, Faye is pretty upfront from the get go that she was concerned after journals had been stolen that Nicole would be misrepresented and portrayed terribly. This was her way of controlling the spin.

​That sounds like a spin in itself. Is that really the bullshit excuse she used?

• Love 3

Is Cora the woman who was screwing some bag boy from Ralph's? No joke, I read one of nic's & Faye's friend, who was married to a very successful guy, was doing a slacker kid.

Yup, in Faye's book, Cora told them all and then OJ used it in his mission to win over the men in the group. She divorced her husband after the murder iirc.

• Love 1

​That sounds like a spin in itself. Is that really the bullshit excuse she used?

Amongst others. At that time though they were trying to paint Nicole in a terrible light, and there were things that were rumored to have been stolen by OJ's goons.

I am curious how much of any of this stuff was true.

• Love 2

Amongst others. At that time though they were trying to paint Nicole in a terrible light, and there were things that were rumored to have been stolen by OJ's goons.

I am curious how much of any of this stuff was true.

That was the problem with the book?

I guess TMCFR also could've posed for Hustler instead of Playboy. How decent of her to keep the exploitation klassy. 

I was talking about Faye's drug use.   It just didn't seem to rise to the level she could not recall anything.  Of course that is what OJ supporters claim-she would not be a credible witness because of her drug use.

• Love 1

BTW, the whole series, so far anyway, I think commercial free, is airing tonight, if you want to catch the actress portraying Faye, now's the time.  7PM most west coast showings, 10 PM east coast. 

• Love 1