Type keyword(s) to search

Players in the People v OJ Simpson: Kathryn, Faye and Various Others

• Start Topic

What I mean by the post you just quoted is that, yes, Faye asserts that she penned the book to offer insight into the 'real,' imperfect Nicole. I disagree that disquisitions about Nicole performing fellatio on a sleeping neighbor and trying out some Sapphic lovin' with Faye are necessary to establish Nicole's multifaceted complexity. But, okay, let's go with Faye's premise that she was trying to portray Nicole authentically and avoid canonization: at least the passages above, while sensationalistic and intentionally salacious from my view, are about Nicole herself. Noting that Kathryn was a woman who consciously accepted Marcus's cheating - and declaring that Kris was sharing this info - have absolutely nothing to do with the stated objective of achieving a realistic evocation of the titular subject of the book.

• Love 5

What I mean by the post you just quoted is that, yes, Faye asserts that she penned the book to offer insight into the 'real,' imperfect Nicole. I disagree that disquisitions about Nicole performing fellatio on a sleeping neighbor and trying out some Sapphic lovin' with Faye are necessary to establish Nicole's multifaceted complexity. But, okay, let's go with Faye's premise that she was trying to portray Nicole authentically and avoid canonization: at least the passages above, while sensationalistic and intentionally salacious from my view, are about Nicole herself. Noting that Kathryn was a woman who consciously accepted Marcus's cheating - and declaring that Kris was sharing this info - have absolutely nothing to do with the stated objective of achieving a realistic evocation of the titular subject of the book.

Since the entire focus from the book seems to be about Nicole's neighborly blow job, her lesbian foray with Nicole, Marcus Allen affair and giving bad advice and asking Nicole to apologize to a livid OJ, I am guessing that he other 220 plus pages were blank.  Found within the quoted text were Nicole's friendship with Marcus and apparent disregard for his engagement and of course the worrying about OJ extracting revenge by telling Marcus.  There was a lead portion to what I quoted that can be found over on Bravo in the producer's blog.  It goes into greater detail what Nicole told OJ about she and Marcus.  I was just more focused on the Kathryn comments.  One thing that disturbs me about Faye's writing is the use of the word "we".  I am uncertain who she is referencing.

Faye has said herself she later wished she had not been so candid.  I could do without some of the Nicole stuff, especially the night she and Faye had together. 

• Love 1

2 things:

- Mike Walker is really the one who wrote the book and IMO chose to focus on all the sex/drugs stuff.

- All those stories are written from Faye's point of view.

Who knows if she is a reliable witness?

Kathryn has the right to be mad at Faye because she is the one who outed her as a complacent fiancée/

Wife in a book!

Kris Jenner did not say anything in public.

• Love 2

2 things:

- Mike Walker is really the one who wrote the book and IMO chose to focus on all the sex/drugs stuff.

- All those stories are written from Faye's point of view.

Who knows if she is a reliable witness?

Kathryn has the right to be mad at Faye because she is the one who outed her as a complacent fiancée/

Wife in a book!

Kris Jenner did not say anything in public.

Earlier I spoke of this circle making "concessions".  Look at Kris's second marriage.  Kim Kardashian claims that her father made fun of Bruce, now Caitlyn for being a cross dresser and witnessing him in woman's clothing and not telling a soul.  I think Marcus being a ladies man is another example of a concession and even in the heartbreaking letter Nicole wrote, the concessions she made to be part of OJ's life.  She knew of numerous infidelities and still agreed to be his wife and have children with him. Faye went a long time between Resnick and her current husband, maybe because of her "fame" and the attached negativity or a refusal to make concessions.  I don't think Kyle, who I don't really think was part of the circle made any concessions in the marrying department.  I do wonder how many houses Mauricio sold to this group.  That would not be a concession as it was his job.

As far as Faye's truthfulness I think she has too many examples of many events being confirmed by third parties.  Sans the lesbian encounter and the neighborly blow job, I think there have been a number of people who have confirmed Faye's claims of OJ's violence and controlling behavior towards Nicole.  As to Kris Jenner, I think had it bothered her or had she not expressed similar observations to others about Marcus she would have discontinued her friendship with Faye.  Once Marcus denied the claim of having been with Nicole it is not as if there was a huge uprising challenging the point.

I think OJ mentioning Kathryn by name probably gave rise as to why there was a specific instruction from "suicidal" OJ for a friend to be good to his wife. 

I think another huge concession among this group is Bob Shapiro.  Hated for defending OJ, he his now quite comfortable with the friends of Nicole, with even the Hiltons using him as legal counsel.  Of course he did a number of things, in my book, that were contrary to the canons governing attorneys.  Writing that they did not impugn the victim and then treating Faye's book as a gift from the Gods delivering the ammunition.  Although none of Faye's allegations regarding Nicole were used at trial, in the evidentiary portion, according to excerpts cited here, Cochran in his opening did seek to do a little victim bashing by the mere association with Faye. 

Because I only have read excepts from the book, it sounds to me as if Faye in telling her story to the author, relied on "we".   We were worried about OJ finding out about Marcus.  The world was looking for a reason why Mr. Football snapped and Faye provided her theory and it was the Marcus Allen affair.  Of course there is collateral damage when people have an affair and again we are hearing another fiancée/wife concessions to a wandering eye.  We will never know unless Marcus or Kathryn care to share what discussion went on about Marcus' alleged womanizing.  We have Kris saying she turned a blind eye.  Well if Marcus was womanizing, and it would seem there would be no upside to make the statement by Kris, it may have appeared to her Kathryn did turn a blind eye, at least in public.

My theory on these womanizing NFL guys is that it is not as if there is a secret underground tunnel delivering these woman to these men.  They have sex with a woman and she may be talking to others, or others including co-workers and support personnel see these men with the women.

Through phone records it was established that Faye and Nicole had a telephone conversation about 9 pm the night of the murders.  Faye claims, a still incensed Nicole, who was having to lease her home after OJ threatened to tell the IRS of her 1031 exchange violation*, had told OJ to "fuck off" at the recital.  I think the "fuck off" was later softened.  So at the very least all we know is Faye and Nicole had a conversation that evening.  There is also photographic evidence of the Browns and Simpsons all mugging for the cameras as a big happy family.  There just seems to be so many concessions this group of people made over and over.

* A real estate agent essentially confirmed  Faye's account of OJ threatening to blow the whistle on Nicole.

• Love 5

"Concessions" is an understatement lol.

What is your opinion regarding Bailey being actually the one who came up with the legal strategy and Cochrane merely executing his vision to make it more acceptable toward the jury?

I firmly believe that the innocence project is actually based on an attempt at redemption....

Besides Shapiro, all of the attorneys moved out of that circle,

Shapiro has been a broken man since loosing his son, IMO.

• Love 2

What is your opinion regarding Bailey being actually the one who came up with the legal strategy and Cochrane merely executing his vision to make it more acceptable toward the jury?

I firmly believe that the innocence project is actually based on an attempt at redemption....

FLee, I think can be an overblown gasbag.  I think Johnny Cochran, love him or hate him was a brilliant attorney, and not in an affirmative action way.  There is no asterisk after his name, he was very good at what he did.  I think he got the legal system and long before OJ and long after he did some good deeds.  A little known fact is Cochran was the first black Deputy District Attorney in LA and had not one but two stints with the Los Angeles County DA's office.   So I think FLee overstated, as usual, his importance.

Kardashian and Shapiro were definitely part of the circle before and after.  I think Kardashian remained in the circle until he died.  Kardashian even went so far as to say he had his doubts about OJ innocence because of the blood evidence.  Cochran was friends with OJ before the trial but I don't think he ran with the circle.  I think his friendship with OJ was separate from the  circle.  I believe he knew several black prominent figures but he was about fighting his good fight for others or as he called them "No J's". 

The innocence project cornerstone was using DNA to exonerate wrongfully convicted defendants.  As part of their training it was imperative that they know not just the science of DNA but also the importance of properly maintained, stored and examined evidence.  OJ wasn't their usual case where they would typically show through DNA, eyewitness testimony was incorrect based on the DNA. 

The circle obviously excluded OJ, and of course Nicole was no longer a part.  For the most part I think they all remained involved in each others lives. 

• Love 2

I totally agree after following the great Seau ( from SD), it makes total sense.

Hopefully, OJ will donate his brain post mortem.

Can we get a CAT/MRI while he is still alive?

While that might not be a definitive answer, it may shed some light on the supposition?

(edited)

I totally agree after following the great Seau ( from SD), it makes total sense.

Hopefully, OJ will donate his brain post mortem.

Frank Gifford did and he  had CTE and most likely a side of Lyme Disease.  It is my understanding it is becoming commonplace in the NFL.

ETA commonplace in the autopsy of former football players.  The Lyme Disease is  a given according to Yolanda's doctor.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

So, what happened to the marriage of Kathryn and Marcus? Did they break up because she caught him cheating?

I think more like she got tired of the cheating.  She did stick around long enough to get about a four year piece of the NFL pie.

You know it is kind of strange Kathryn married Marcus Allen in 1993, and claims they were married for eight years (I would assume that would 2001) and she married Donnie in 2002.  So whatever happened in their marriage it seems they were both ready to move on and rather quickly.  I believe Kathryn in August of last year said she and Donnie had been married 13 1/2 years.  So there was not a whole lot of downtime between marriages.

It would be interesting for her to be forthcoming about her "love affairs".

• Love 4

My theory on these womanizing NFL guys is that it is not as if there is a secret underground tunnel delivering these woman to these men.  They have sex with a woman and she may be talking to others, or others including co-workers and support personnel see these men with the women.

As a huge fan of the NFL - the game and history of - I have read some of the books the players have written and seen some of the 'fanatics' that follow players.

Art Donovan wrote about the game in the 50's and alluded to the women who would seek out players, the great Ken Stabler wrote about the women who followed his team and during the 80's and 90's I attended games and saw the women who assembled by the north gate of the Coliseum in El Lay. I once walked into a bank with a Raiders t-shirt on and the teller asked me if I was on the team. Her 'interest' in my fell off when I told her 'no'.

That gave me a clue as to how popular the players were around the city?

• Love 2

While that might not be a definitive answer, it may shed some light on the supposition?

No, from my understanding it can only be diagnosed post mortem thru autopsy and brain observation.
  • Love 1

Our city is the practice site of one of the NFL teams during the summer. There are references made to a certain group of women who seem to arrive in clusters. They are called the "Ho Train". Back in the days when the Raiders used to practice in our city, they would sometimes have lunch at the restaurant where I was the manager. I'd see a few women who would show up and make it pretty damn obvious what their intentions were when they arrived. I would help to serve the players as they would come in a large group. On several occasions the women would ask me if they could sit near the players.

I think more like she got tired of the cheating.  She did stick around long enough to get about a four year piece of the NFL pie

Of course she did. lol  I have to give major side-eye to Kathryn because she had to either be real stupid to think Marcus was going to be faithful to her after marriage or she was willing to tolerate his infidelities as long as she got what she wanted out of the marriage. I am going with the second one. If Kathryn was really outraged at Faye, why wait so long to confront her? Hell, she didn't really confront her. She basically punked out.

• Love 3

I am thinking that Kathryn thought her interesting way of speaking with her,  "you don't know me," convinced the others she was a badass and by the time she came around to the showdown with Faye, she realized if she got too brave she just might be asked the womanizing question.  I am sure there are plenty of people, if called upon that could attest to Marcus being unfaithful and Kathryn's displeasure.  A fair start the divorce attorneys.  I don't think Kathryn wanted to give Faye a chance to be both wrong in writing it but right in the spirit of the writings.

• Love 4

No, from my understanding it can only be diagnosed post mortem thru autopsy and brain observation.

An MRI/CAT scan would show any lingering injury to the brain, a few years ago a PET  scan was

thought to be a way to detect CTE.....

• Love 2

An MRI/CAT scan would show any lingering injury to the brain, a few years ago a PET  scan was

I defer to your expertise, I thought that the pathologist had to slice the brain in order to prove CTE.

Maybe things have changed?

• Love 1

I defer to your expertise, I thought that the pathologist had to slice the brain in order to prove CTE.

Scans will show areas of the brain that aren't 'firing' right. An autopsy will show exactly why.

Real fast lesson on brain trauma.

Your brain is set inside a sac filled with fluid. Think of an egg? Your skull is the shell and brains are the yolk.

If your head hits the floor, for example? Your skull stops and your brain keeps traveling due to the inertia and hits the inner part of the skull, 'bruising' it. Your brain says, "wait a minute, I need to reset" and enough of those hits to the skull will begin to scramble your brain.

One of the strange parts of brain injuries is that the brain will try to 're-wire' itself and that can cause some weird behaviors?

+

• Love 3

Here is a list of players:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_players_with_chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy  It includes deceased and living.  Yikes!!

Mike Webster was the center for the Pittsburgh Steelers and committed suicide in a park after years of 'mental issues'. He was known for never covering his arms, even during the coldest games. If I remember correctly, his family wanted to know why he had such a troubled last few years and ok'ed the autopsy.

Since so much of what the Innocence Project does is pro bono, I think they take paying clients when they can.  Kind of like how Alan Dershowitz agreed to represent Claus von Bulow (although he seems to now be convinced that von Bulow is innocent).

FLee, I think can be an overblown gasbag.  I think Johnny Cochran, love him or hate him was a brilliant attorney, and not in an affirmative action way.  There is no asterisk after his name, he was very good at what he did.  I think he got the legal system and long before OJ and long after he did some good deeds.  A little known fact is Cochran was the first black Deputy District Attorney in LA and had not one but two stints with the Los Angeles County DA's office.   So I think FLee overstated, as usual, his importance.

Patty Hearst claimed F. Lee Bailey was a drunk who slept through her trial.

• Love 2

Frank Gifford did and he  had CTE and most likely a side of Lyme Disease.  It is my understanding it is becoming commonplace in the NFL.

ETA commonplace in the autopsy of former football players.  The Lyme Disease is  a given according to Yolanda's doctor.

There have been several NFL players who have been diagnosed with brain injuries due to the scans mentioned above. The one that sticks out in my mind is that one retired player from the Bears, Jim McMahon.

According to the article, a definite diagnosis has to be post mortem.

Scans will show areas of the brain that aren't 'firing' right. An autopsy will show exactly why.

Real fast lesson on brain trauma.

Your brain is set inside a sac filled with fluid. Think of an egg? Your skull is the shell and brains are the yolk.

If your head hits the floor, for example? Your skull stops and your brain keeps traveling due to the inertia and hits the inner part of the skull, 'bruising' it. Your brain says, "wait a minute, I need to reset" and enough of those hits to the skull will begin to scramble your brain.

One of the strange parts of brain injuries is that the brain will try to 're-wire' itself and that can cause some weird behaviors?

+

There are no pathognomonic findings for CTE on imaging studies. Per UpToDate (reputable website used by the medical community to keep up with current research, recommendations, etc), the following is said about CTE and imaging studies:

"Advanced neuroimaging techniques (diffusion tensor imaging, MR spectroscopy) have demonstrated associated white matter and other abnormalities in these patients; however, further studies are needed to define the sensitivity and specificity of specific findings and patterns of findings [153,165]."

In other words, NO, a brain MRI won't tell you if you have CTE.

Pathology (autopsy since you can't make the diagnosis by brain biopsy) is needed to confirm the diagnosis (just like in Alzheimer's you have a probable diagnosis but for a definitive diagnosis you need pathology---but that isn't done most of the time). Per UpToDate (I'm to lazy to summarize it), regarding CTE and pathology:

"Neuropathologic studies in football players and boxers with this syndrome have demonstrated cerebral atrophy and a fenestrated cavum septum pellucidum, with extensive tau-immunoreactive degenerative changes that are distinct from other tauopathies (such as Alzheimer disease, AD) in their distribution with preferential involvement of the superficial cortical layers."

• Love 2

What's an appellate advisor?

Attorneys who work on cases post conviction or appeal pre-trial motions.  Say the Court was going to allow a statement from Faye's book in and the defense did not want it, the appellate attorney would file a brief with the appellate court asking for a Writ of Prohibition.

• Love 1

You can have brain injury and a NORMAL brain imaging (MRI). The imaging studies just look at STRUCTURE and not function. Also there are limits on what is seen--they aren't microscopes so structural abnormalities below a certain size will not be seen. Imaging studies are just tools.

You can have normal brain MRIs yet still be neurological abnormal. You can have abnormalities on brain MRI and still have a normal neurological exam and no neurological complaints.

• Love 1

There is a forum for The People v. O.J. Simpson   http://forums.previously.tv/topic/34418-american-crime-story-in-the-media/#entry1912257

This thread is supposed to be about people talked about and/or appearing on RHBH. 

;)  I just don't want this thread closed, since discussing RHBH involvement over there might be a little OT.

And where should all the off topic talk of post mortem studies of NFL brains go?
  • Love 3

You can have brain injury and a NORMAL brain imaging (MRI). The imaging studies just look at STRUCTURE and not function. Also there are limits on what is seen--they aren't microscopes so structural abnormalities below a certain size will not be seen. Imaging studies are just tools.

You can have normal brain MRIs yet still be neurological abnormal. You can have abnormalities on brain MRI and still have a normal neurological exam and no neurological complaints.

They just showed something about this last night on my local news and the Dr (pathologist) that discovered CTE did say the only way anyone can say for certain that someone has CTE is through an autopsy, ALTHOUGH, he did say that he believes that OJ most likely has CTE.

• Love 3

O that Faye -- she's a precious one. With a bit of sleuthing I discovered the mind-bubble version of above. Madam's quotes, presented for your approval in (bold):

"Ever since it was announced that Ryan Murphy intended to produce 'The People v. O.J. Simpson,' I have been inundated with the question as to 'How do I feel about it?'  (Altho publicly I will express concern and reservation, it actually makes me happy bacause I've been feeling sort of irrelevant recently). All I can say is, for me, it was personally the most heartbreaking tragedy (to say nothing of a springboard to a perverted sort of immortality) that altered my life forever," Resnick revealed in an exclusive statement to Access Hollywood on Wednesday.

"To lose my loving friend Nicole (you know – the one whose secrets I sold along with my soul), who seemed at one point to defy the odds of surviving domestic abuse is beyond devastating. The thought of reliving the events of her death and the trial that followed is catastrophic to say the very least (especially if some of my less-flattering images from those years resurface)," she shared in her statement to Access.

My fear is that ['The People v. O.J. Simpson'] will only open painful wounds for all of us who loved Nicole and Ron and just become another pointless media circus (which is fine if it lands me another opp to flash my hoohaw in a men's mag),” her statement continued.

"In the United States, a woman is beaten in her home every nine seconds by the man they love (Yea, so, I didn't read this for myself – I heard someone say something about this at Jamba Juice while I was ordering a wheatgrass smoothie.) The sad fact remains that there are less shelters for battered women and their children in our country than there are animal shelters (There's also that bitch Vanderpump who adopts raggedy dogs left and right but won't front me a few bucks, uppity monarchist.)

"My only wish is that the series serves as a call to action to pass the bills that are pending on the floor of the Senate to continue to fund Domestic Violence Shelters that 3.5 million women and children need as safe havens.(However, I would be perfectly happy if the Senate funding is sent to my private mailbox account where it will be used for worthy purposes, including but not limited to, hair extensions, Restylane, gel manicures, and waxing to ensure my twat 'n tush remain smooth and hair free.)

• Love 7

I am thinking that Kathryn thought her interesting way of speaking with her,  "you don't know me," convinced the others she was a badass and by the time she came around to the showdown with Faye, she realized if she got too brave she just might be asked the womanizing question.  I am sure there are plenty of people, if called upon that could attest to Marcus being unfaithful and Kathryn's displeasure.  A fair start the divorce attorneys.  I don't think Kathryn wanted to give Faye a chance to be both wrong in writing it but right in the spirit of the writings.

Kathryn was lucky that the 'confrontation' was basically shut down by Faye because even in her blog, Kathryn does not say that Marcus didn't cheat on her before they were married or after.  I think that's very telling.  So, if Faye lied about her, it was that she turned a blind eye?  Or rather Kris K said she turned a blind eye?  A whole pandora's box could have been opened.  And Kathryn would not come out so good IMO.  You didn't turn a blind eye to your fiance cheating?  But you married him?  Hm. No.  Kathryn's best move would be to just move on....

• Love 4

They just showed something about this last night on my local news and the Dr (pathologist) that discovered CTE did say the only way anyone can say for certain that someone has CTE is through an autopsy, ALTHOUGH, he did say that he believes that OJ most likely has CTE.

OT: Medical info on CTE (sorry for all the OT posts--and just scroll past this if not interested in this medical stuff)

OJ may have CTE but I really doubt that explains his domestic abuse (domestic abuse is more likely to lead to murder). I have no idea if anyone is trying to use CTE to justify his actions. I wonder the timeline of his abusive nature and his concussions. I worry that if he has CTE then people will use it to explain his horrible actions. I also would like to see any evidence that CTE leads to domestic abuse and other violence...yeah, a depressed person or confused person can get frustrated and lash out but that is different from the controlling abusive behavior of OJ (imo). I haven't read about anyone claiming OJ's actions with Nicole were due to CTE but I worry that it will be blamed for his horrendous behavior. In my personal opinion (without having knowledge of any of OJ's medical information) I don't think CTE explains his violence with Nicole. I wouldn't mind reviewing his medical data (hopefully obtained from non-quacks who had no vested interest in the results). 

In my experience, CTE is more of a research diagnosis (at least as of a year ago since more data was needed to characterize it). Research is being done to characterize this constellation of symptoms in this specific subset of the population (people with multiple concussions). I think more people are getting labeled or diagnosed with it but much more data is needed to better understand it. 

Dementia pugilistica (Dementia boxers can get) has been around a long time and is accepted and well characterized. So I think there is strong evidence that boxing can cause permanent brain damage. So I can see something like CTE occurring. Actually with dementia pugilistic it is the number of bouts (fights) that seem to be important rather than the number of knock outs (at least according to once study I read a while ago). I find that strange and would like to see how much research was done on that (but it is getting late)

From UpToDate regarding CTE:

"There is some evidence that repeated concussions can cause cumulative neuropsychological deficits (ie, increasing severity and duration of mental status abnormalities after each separate incident) [145-147]. In addition to cognitive impairment and neuropsychological symptoms (behavior, personality changes, depression, and suicidality), parkinsonism and other speech and gait abnormalities are described [17,148-150]."

• Love 2

OT: Medical info on CTE (sorry for all the OT posts--and just scroll past this if not interested in this medical stuff)

OJ may have CTE but I really doubt that explains his domestic abuse (domestic abuse is more likely to lead to murder). I have no idea if anyone is trying to use CTE to justify his actions. I wonder the timeline of his abusive nature and his concussions. I worry that if he has CTE then people will use it to explain his horrible actions. I also would like to see any evidence that CTE leads to domestic abuse and other violence...yeah, a depressed person or confused person can get frustrated and lash out but that is different from the controlling abusive behavior of OJ (imo). I haven't read about anyone claiming OJ's actions with Nicole were due to CTE but I worry that it will be blamed for his horrendous behavior. In my personal opinion (without having knowledge of any of OJ's medical information) I don't think CTE explains his violence with Nicole. I wouldn't mind reviewing his medical data (hopefully obtained from non-quacks who had no vested interest in the results). 

In my experience, CTE is more of a research diagnosis (at least as of a year ago since more data was needed to characterize it). Research is being done to characterize this constellation of symptoms in this specific subset of the population (people with multiple concussions). I think more people are getting labeled or diagnosed with it but much more data is needed to better understand it. 

Dementia pugilistica (Dementia boxers can get) has been around a long time and is accepted and well characterized. So I think there is strong evidence that boxing can cause permanent brain damage. So I can see something like CTE occurring. Actually with dementia pugilistic it is the number of bouts (fights) that seem to be important rather than the number of knock outs (at least according to once study I read a while ago). I find that strange and would like to see how much research was done on that (but it is getting late)

From UpToDate regarding CTE:

"There is some evidence that repeated concussions can cause cumulative neuropsychological deficits (ie, increasing severity and duration of mental status abnormalities after each separate incident) [145-147]. In addition to cognitive impairment and neuropsychological symptoms (behavior, personality changes, depression, and suicidality), parkinsonism and other speech and gait abnormalities are described [17,148-150]."

Here is the whole article with video that GMA did, they showed far more than my local news station did. http://abcnews.go.com/US/concussion-doctor-bet-medical-license-oj-simpson-degenerative/story?id=36587331

Thanks for the link!

so he hasn't examined OJ and he says 99-100% of NFL players have CTE...... he sounds extreme 

I do agree that in the near future, CTE is going to be used as a mitigating factor for sentencing used by everyone who played any contact sports (in my cynical opinion). 

• Love 6

Thanks for the link!

so he hasn't examined OJ and he says 99-100% of NFL players have CTE...... he sounds extreme 

I do agree that in the near future, CTE is going to be used as a mitigating factor for sentencing used by everyone who played any contact sports (in my cynical opinion). 

Had certain things not fallen in the defense's lap, I think they were going for a crime of passion type defense.  I can see future OJ's using CTE as a defense.  It is kind of taking over where the use of steroids, as a mitigating factor, has left off. 

One of the reasons the defense found Faye pesky, is she was pretty detailed in what set OJ off about Nicole.  I think they were worried that Faye would be able to show, through the phone calls and what not, that OJ's ultimate loss of control and murder was not  a crime of passion, but rather pre-meditated.  Negating the original defense plan that OJ was so in love.  Here is this story for purpose of describing the Nicole/OJ relationship.  I have posted it before but it speaks to the relationship and the wall of OJ supporters and what happened to one such man who jumped the OJ support ship:  http://www.vanityfair.com/style/scandal/2014/06/sheila-weller-oj-simpson-murder  Kathryn's husband stayed on board until it affected him personally in the civil trial.

• Love 5

Kathryn and Marcus were married at OJ's house in '93, and they were among the twenty people sitting at a conference table when OJ made one of his first phone calls from LA County Jail to his legal team. The Allens were out of town when the murders happened but they were notified by phone calls, and Kathryn told OJ that she loved him and that she would do anything for him.

The Innocence Project relies on DNA testing to provide conclusive proof of identity. In OJ's case they went after the collection and the handling of samples and gave the impression (to an uninterested jury) that sloppy gathering skewed the results. Degradation and/or contamination will provide inconclusive results, not false positives. And certainly not unanimous false positives. Every single sample was found to belong to OJ, or NIcole, or Ron, or two of them, or all three of them. Unanimous positives.

After making a few millions in the earliest years of his private practice, I think Johnnie Cochran was corrupt as hell after his specialty became civil suits against the LAPD. During those years he received one third of at least 45 million in judgments. He was black like OJ (not very) but networked (worked) the very profitable black community like a mofo.

• Love 9

I don't think Kathryn is just angry that Faye portrayed her as a woman willing to look the other way. She portrayed her husband as the catalyst for a grizzly murder. I don't know if it's true or not but that had to take a toll on her marriage.

There wasn't much I liked about Kathryn during her various conversations about the OJ case and Faye, what I did appreciate it is she did keep to being about what she thought Faye wrote about her.  There was something refreshing about not doing the usual RH about, "hurt me, but not my family".  I know that sounds strange but it was just refreshing.   I also find it interesting in a sea of maiden names and stage names, Kathryn is pretty direct about having her husband's name.  I certainly don't hold it against anyone for keeping their birth name or having a stage name it was just interesting how she addressed it. 

I will have to watch the People vs. OJ Simpson.  I feel like at one time there was going to be a justification or mitigation defense.  of course with all that has been written someone somewhere has probably made the claim. 

• Love 1