Type keyword(s) to search

Defiance Game

I was trying to break my Mass Effect addiction so I put the Defiance game back in the tray thinking that the new season must be coming up soon, so maybe the game will have some new stuff going on.  I don't know about all of that (and the game still has issues but it's improved a fair amount) but it's making me miss the show more.  Even though it had some problems in the first season, I still really liked it for the most part.  It could be so much better but it could be sooooooooo much worse. 

They did release some new DLC for the game, but I don't know if that brought more players in. I bought the game when I spotted it for ten bucks not knowing it had no solo campaign, but I've only logged in once. I have such a backlog I wasn't planning on slogging through a multiplayer title, but hopefully I'll get around to it before they shut the servers.

I've been on and off curious about the game, but I've just never been much of a game guy.  How specific and in-depth is the PC/NPC interaction and roll-up system?  I don't want to just go in and play some generic Human/Irathian/Etc. Ark Hunter.  I want to play Krelvar "Reverand Jimbo" Toussaint, an Irathiant knife-slinging preacher raised by a Fundamentalist Christian adoptive father and a Vodou priestess mother who wants to raise up a crusade against "Evil" (however he chooses to define it) in the name of Jesus by way of Papa Legba. 

I've been playing the game since after the show season one and I'm just a generic human arkhunter.  I actually really like Defiance the game for several reasons.  I'm a casual gamer, and not a very good one.  I can shoot and shoot and shoot hellbugs/raiders/whatever in this game and have some fun.  I play the storyline or I don't.  I do specific things to raise my "ego" or I don't.  It doesn't really matter.  But you play "with" other people, not against them for the most part.  There are cut scenes with all of the different Votan.  You shoot BioMen.  Stahma even showed up for some of the new stuff.  They are adding new content now for Season 2 of the show.  I like this game because I can play for a few hours, shoot hellbugs, find some arktech, and log out and not think about it again for a week.

Didn't have time to investigate this when the show began.  I'm also not sure if my computer can play it but I'm considering giving it a whorl if it isnt tootime consuming.  I'm kind of curious what part Stahma played in the game.  Did se come in and ask you to do a mission for her? 

The description of a character upthread by johntfs is hysterical and I wish that character existed on the show.  It is even more entertaining than the Irathian Jewish Lawyer which is way less creative.  Hope you got the chance to create that character.