Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Driver Ed

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica finds her life once again swirling out of control as she struggles to deal with the aftermath of the bus crash by helping the daughter of the bus driver rule out suicide. Meanwhile, new student Jackie gets the attention of Wallace, who does a little detective work of his own."

Kevin Smith!!! I love that he asked to be on the show because he liked it so much. And a perfect roll for him as well. Ari Graynor is great here as Jessie also. I wish we got more of her. Bad stuff? I am not a fan of Jackie. Shut Up Jackie. I'm glad Wallace gets to be a detective and use his skills learned from Veronica to win the attention of a cute girl. I just wish it wasn't stupid Jackie.

• Love 2

It's a fun cameo by Kevin Smith, for sure.  I like that he has a sense of humor about himself.

Jackie is a hard character for me, too, because I think she demonstrates some growth throughout the season, but only slightly, because she still sort of sucks at the end.  I get wanting to bring in a love interest for Wallace, and I actually really like the way that the show explores Veronica's relationship with Wallace through the addition of another female.  But, yeah, she's kind of the worst.

• Love 1

I liked Jackie by the end, after she's sort of taken her fall and pulled herself back up, but it took too long to get there and she was too awful to begin with. It was a miscalculation, for sure. I will seriously never understand why shows introduce new characters by having them be jerks to our heroes, and then expect us to like them? I mean, Logan is the exception, not the rule.

• Love 3

I don't remember the rest of this season very well, but thus far I don't completely hate Jackie during her Wallace interactions, though obviously she was terrible to Veronica/Duncan. It's nice to see how Wallace is capable of solo greatness when properly motivated.

Agree that Ari Graynor is great, though the little brother and mom were drawn with a bit of a broad stroke.

The whole "you look different" thing is pretty silly.

Duncan remains boring, and his attempts to cheer Veronica up made him worse.

Veronica was pretty impressive in going from pissed-off at the convenience store to "I'm kind of macabre" fake-happy. Investigating and manipulating people i guess is good for distracting yourself...just like she did with Lilly the first time around.

• Love 1

First time viewing--but I hate Jackie. HATE!  I do like the relationship between Veronica and Wallace and this helps explore that in more depth. 

That said I am binge watching disc after disc so I watched Season 2, eps 1-4 so far and can't wait for a lazy weekend to crank through some more!

Like seeing Keith Mars decide to run for sheriff again.  Of course Veronica and Logan would run into each other.  Would Veronica recognize the mother's voice?

Just realized this episode that Dick and Beaver are brothers, didn't get that before.  The father is another asshole.  I guess that's the theme about the rich.

Yeah, Jackie has not gotten the greatest introduction.

Huge Kevin Smith fan, but he didn’t ask to be on the show. He didn’t watch it until afterhe did his cameo and then he loved it. He talks a lot about it in one of his books, a compilation of his blog posts  he later buys the dvds and binges them, loves it and I believe gets the season 2 episodes before they air, but I could be wrong about that  

Originally posted by Kevin Smith at SilentBobSpeaks.com (http://www.silentbobspeaks.com)(his online journal). 

I head over to the set of the UPN series “Veronica Mars”.

Dan Etheridge (the priest in the opening scene of “Dogma”, as well as the voice of Mr. Plug) is the producer on “Veronica”, and he’s asked me to do a cameo in the second episode of the new season. Because the dude’s such an excellent friend (and because I’m a total whore who likes to see his fat self on TV), I jump at the chance to play, of all things, a convenience store employee.

I hang out with Dan a bit, meet the episode’s writer Diane, then shoot the scene with Veronica Mars herself, Kristin Bell. The whole day lasts about five hours, and I have a blast doing it. 

• Love 1

So, I had noticed before on previous watches that the bus driver's neighbor/lover was played by Kristin Dattilo, who played the estranged wife(Harry) of Charisma Carpenter's co-star/love interest Doyle on Angel. But this is the first time it struck me that the bus driver's name was Ed... DOYLE. That can't have been a coincidence😮🤔😁

• Wink 1