Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Doubt Truth to Be a Liar

So, Cyrus is proposing?  Well.. slowly, I'm becoming interested again. Glad Samantha/Mandy is gone, hopefully. If I'm being honest, the reason I keep coming back is the character of Eleanor.  Also tv birthday curse, no characters ever have good birthdays on tv. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Alistair's alive! Heck yeah. And actually, all those random ghost visions made his (almost expected) appearance surprising... is he real, is he a ghost? He seems to be done with Helena's shit, which is totally understandable but it sucks because they're so nice together. Hopefully she can make it up to him. The paternity drama seems like a new development rather than a planned reveal... has he ever shown any emotion toward the kids? I may very well have forgotten. I don't know how I want this to turn out, the twins being Simon's or Alistair's. For the twins, it would be better to be confirmed as Simon's but being Alistair's would lend to more stories.

Anyway, I'm glad Helena's going under the radar with it (or holding off on finding out) because she knows how easy it is to fix the results. Also, I was much more impressed with Elizabeth's acting this week... maybe she needs someone to work off of, or she's just particularly good with that actor. And her outfit was fantastic, she looked so great.

Also awesome was seeing the drug rehab girl again. I didn't recognize her at all, and they commented on it a lot... it was the same actress, right? Sucks that her boyfriend is controlling. I hope she can get with the guy (Liam's friend?) who got him away from her. Or maybe she and Eleanor could hook up, I thought I saw some vibes there.

Fun (but slightly awkward) reference to William Moseley, with the beer pong couple being the Moseleys. I enjoyed Liam and polo girl (not being dismissive, I still don't know her name, lol) a little bit more in this episode... I think my issue might be with him rather than her. She seems to be more comfortable with the playful dynamic than he does. I like how slow they're going, keeping it light. Also, another bit of movement with Domino, with the blonde girl. She doesn't seem like she's doing any of this willingly. Maybe she'll be an ally.

If Jasper was really trying to do the right thing, why didn't he tell the guards about Mandy? Have her hauled outta there. I thought giving her the earrings was really stupid. I get that it was for dramatic effect but she clearly felt nothing about it and was rewarded for her shittiness. I'm glad the truth is out there now, though. I still don't care about Jasper and his single tear, nor do I think I can ever get on board with that relationship, but I think I understand him better now. I guess he was following in his parents' footsteps (and/or trying to buy them out of debt?) but fell for Eleanor, and has been more or less honest in that regard since. So maybe he really is helping Liam and was lying to Mandy about gaining their trust in order to screw them over.

Cyrus and his girlfriend are moving so fast; now it looks like he's planning to propose (they looked like a bride and groom tonight, too)? Look, I get that this show shouldn't be taken too seriously but what the heck? And I don't know if it was purposeful or if it was just some actor weirdness but the actress didn't look comfortable with that kiss.

Haven't seen Cyrus' kids in a while, have we? Where are they, what does Cyrus think of his daughter's extreme makeover, what do they think about this new woman in his life? I feel like we saw them more in the first season but maybe this is par for the course?

• Love 2

My whole thing is that Cyrus thinks he is going to die, he's being told that death is on his door with the cancer and so he is going to marry this woman and then he's going to turn out to be fine, right? That's where they are going with this story, I assume. 

• Love 2

Last season the twins not being Simon's kids was a fake setup, now all of a sudden it could be true? Last season Alistair was dead, now all of a sudden he's alive. Last season there was no hint that Jasper was there to rob a diamond, this season not only is he playing master thief, he's got an accomplice. Are they just rewriting the entire series?

Where are the cousins? They were the best part of the show.

• Love 5

Last season the twins not being Simon's kids was a fake setup, now all of a sudden it could be true? Last season Alistair was dead, now all of a sudden he's alive. Last season there was no hint that Jasper was there to rob a diamond, this season not only is he playing master thief, he's got an accomplice. Are they just rewriting the entire series?

Yes, they are just rewriting this whole show. I think they really are just making it up as they go. Which I have decided no longer bothers me, because that way I can enjoy this show and not try to see where it's going or what it's trying to do. It was really bothering me the last couple of episodes and then  I decided I should just start taking it as face value, because clearly the writers and people behind the scenes don't know what they are doing (As I have said about other tv shows, these people should really get message boards and charts for storylines). 

• Love 3

My whole thing is that Cyrus thinks he is going to die, he's being told that death is on his door with the cancer and so he is going to marry this woman and then he's going to turn out to be fine, right? That's where they are going with this story, I assume. 

I'm convinced that Cyrus's girl is some kind of agent who is there to do some sort of serious harm to him now that he's king. She has to be part of Domino.

• Love 2

I'm not English, but I doubt the king could get away with arresting a cartoonist for making an anti-royalist cartoon -- and in the middle of a knighthood ceremony. And then the new knight didn't mention that the king threatened him? I don't even think he could prevent the newspaper from publishing those cartoons. This isn't Yemen or Saudi Arabia and he ain't Allah.

Speaking of getting the newspaper from publishing news, no media are going to cover the smashing to bits of the memorial to the deceased monarch? I know there has to be a certain willing suspension of disbelief to watch this show, but, come on, fellows. One scene is more unreal than the next.

I don't remember the scene clearly but I do remember thinking when Eliz Hurley put that blood sample in her desk drawer that she

was going to fake up the blood results again. Did she email the doctor who faked the first sample? Is that what I'm not remembering? She did something besides hide that bloody hanky in the desk drawer.

And yeah, she did look great in that offwhite pants outfit with the sparkles. Hurley looks great in this series.

I've been taking this as it comes all along. It's probably the best way to watch this series as a lot of it makes no sense (cartoonist getting arrested, no backlash from Cyrus's drunken run into the Simon memorial, etc.). They may very well be making this up as they go along. Fine with me. I'm really enjoy the series and don't take any of very deeply or seriously. The show is better that way. :)

I think Jasper didn't out Mandy to the guards cause he didn't want to out himself.

• Love 1

And yeah, she did look great in that offwhite pants outfit with the sparkles. Hurley looks great in this series.

She looked amazing in this last episode!  She's truly a beautiful woman!  Love all that bling on her fingers and her neck.  The cream/beige outfit was just made of awesome!  I think I now tune into this Show not just for the cheesy drama but to see Elizabeth Hurley dress to the nines.  It's fun eye candy!

If the Koh-I-Noor diamond was so precious and priceless, why didn't we see all these guards following Princess Eleanor during the party?  Why wouldn't they be running after her when she ran into the underground tunnels to chase after Mandy and Jasper?  Where was that handsome silver fox bodyguard?  Seriously, such unbelievable silliness!

Mandy/Samantha should get her ass beaten!  She really is a cold, calculating person with no heart.  She just stared at Len, no apologies and eagerly reached for the earrings and then left.  I hated seeing Len so brokenhearted.  She should not have given the earrings (from Duchy) to Mandy!  I am hoping against hope that in the follow up, Mandy gets caught and the earrings are returned to the princess.  On the other hand, Samantha was right, Jasper is a fool and he should leave with her while they can freely escape.  Samantha really is the perfect thief, not letting her heart get in the way of a good con.

I think the reason why Queen Helena decided not to run the DNA test on the bloody handkerchief is that she thinks Alistair will leave her once he finds out her twins are not his children.  Right now, it seems that Alistair is just sticking around to find out if he's the Daddy.  Alistair looks like he is so done with Helena.  He is right, Queen Helena better make amends with her kids because in the long run, she will probably end up old and alone (but still looking fabulous I bet!).

I didn't hate King Cyrus as much in this episode.  The astonished look on his face when the construction guys (I think they were construction guys) yelling "Long Live the King"  was kind of poignant.  Cyrus knows that no one likes him, but to hear someone yelling out their approval of him has got to be very unsettling.  I don't know who this blonde maid is, but she seems to be having a good influence on him.  They actually look like a handsome couple in that snooty, highfalutin opera house.

Yes, they appear to be rebooting the show from week to week even. I've completely lost track of who I'm supposed to believe killed the original King.

I'm still watching because I'm addicted to the trash factor. It only bugs me when they make it obvious that I'm supposed to ship Eleanor and her rapist/blackmailer. Yes, show, I remember that part.

Edited by kieyra