Type keyword(s) to search

Cooking Segments

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

My biggest complaint about the cooking segments is that the stupid hosts are always rushing the chefs.  I wish the producers would cut out some of the silly stuff and give the chefs enough time to have a meaningful segment.  I dream about a time when a chef gets disgusted, throws down the dish towel, and just walks off the set. 

• Love 1

That is my dream also, Ohwell!  I think some have come mighty close a time or two.  It just seems so disrespectful of the producers or whoever is in charge, to rush very talented professionals so that they can get to the latest inane youtube video or whatever.

• Love 1

My biggest complaint about the cooking segments is that the stupid hosts are always rushing the chefs.  I wish the producers would cut out some of the silly stuff and give the chefs enough time to have a meaningful segment.  I dream about a time when a chef gets disgusted, throws down the dish towel, and just walks off the set. 

Didn't that pretty much happen with KLG and the guy from AZ?  What was his name - Sam, the cooking guy??

Didn't that pretty much happen with KLG and the guy from AZ?  What was his name - Sam, the cooking guy??

I do think I recall hearing something about that.  I wish it would happen more often though.

I just watched the Sam "incident" on youtube.  Wow.  KLG said the "crew has been here a long time because they don't talk to us like that!"  What a little diva, that one.  They have gotten tweets about their rushing through segments and over talking the guests and each other.  But they clearly do not pay attention to that feedback.  Where is the producer?!

I am now listening to him on Howard Stern talking about this.  Love Howard.  

Edited by wings707

Rant on Today's "new & improved" cooking segment. This week, they have been doing "restaurant re-do" recipes of favorite reataurant foods (Chick Fil-A, Taco Bell, etc.). Today, some woman was doing Olive Garden's breadsticks and salad dressing. Her secret for the breadsticks? Pillsbury refrigerated bread dough, brushed with melted butter, and sprinkled with garlic salt. I can promise you, that tastes NOTHING like OG's breadsticks. Where do they find these people? Did the real cook cancel last minute and they just grabbed this woman from somewhere? It's like they're not even trying anymore.

• Love 2

Some of the hosts who join the chef seem to pride themselves in not cooking, as if it were beneath them and not important.  They find anyway they can to get that point across.  You just don't arrive at middle age and be that clueless even if you order take out several times a week.  Certainly you prepare some meals and know how to hold a knife or stir something!  

• Love 3

I caught yesterdays segment with Kathie Lee and Hoda.  I didn't catch the cooks name but she was doing Halloween themed treats and KLG and Hoda were awful.  I think Hoda was trying to be cute just sampling the treats but KLG was her usual disrespectful...I don't know why they do cooking or crafts with KLG she can't hide her disgust or disinterest for these type of segments.

I am glued to the horror of watching come woman make tail gating snacks from a package of  crescent rolls.  No, just no.  

I caught yesterdays segment with Kathie Lee and Hoda.  I didn't catch the cooks name but she was doing Halloween themed treats and KLG and Hoda were awful.  I think Hoda was trying to be cute just sampling the treats but KLG was her usual disrespectful...I don't know why they do cooking or crafts with KLG she can't hide her disgust or disinterest for these type of segments.

I like her disgust!  It is an honest reaction.  It might encourage "cooks" to present good food.  

• Love 1