Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E20: You're Not Invited

• Start Topic

(edited)

"You're Not Invited" - Adam is very excited for his laser tag birthday party since he plans to invite Dana for the first time. But Barry thinks the theme is childish and agrees to help Adam organize a secret make out party in the basement. When Erica finds out, she tells a panic-stricken Beverly but Murray cannot be bothered to help stop the party from happening. Meanwhile, Pops and Murray are captivated by the opening of Al Capone's safe on television, on "The Goldbergs," TUESDAY, APRIL 8 (9:01-9:31 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Edited by maraleia

Wow.  I'm shocked they'll have a moment as SPECIFIC as Al Capone's safe opening (April 21, 1986).  I guess the "Nineteen Eighty-Something" intro may be a little half-hearted.

Not that this nails down the dates of any other episode.  That's not how the show works.

Will we get to see 80s Geraldo Rivera and his cheesy mustache?

19620-C201011-Top-40-OMG-Geraldo-Rivera-

(edited)

I laughed a bunch, mostly because of Barry's ridiculous idea of romantic foods ("Soft cheeses, oysters, and onion dip!"). I also cracked up at Beverly's first attempt at a Bert and Ernie cake ("Bert looks like Sloth from The Goonies!"). Erica had her moments acting as the "smother-y sister." 

Edited by Stinger97

I remember the opening of Capone's vault! I kind of wanted to find something exciting but I somehow knew it was going to be nothing.

True story - when asked to describe my past relationship in 3 words I said, "Al Capone's vault". I was surprised how many people didn't get it, considering they were young adults in the mid 80's.

• Love 1