Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: All Grown Up

• Start Topic

If Kourtney could walk away from the show and not miss it, why doesn't she? Together she and Scott are now worth at least 30 million dollars. Surely that's enough to pay for college for three children. I see no difference between her and the other Kardashian/Jenners who are willing participants in this ongoing family circus, and she has brought Scott along for the profitable ride. She's allowed her dysfunctional relationship with Scott, real or fake, to be exposed to the public despite the fact that she has three young children who will read about or see the televised episodes one day. If she truly hadn't wanted to be part of the show, she would have declined to participate, as did Aimee Osborne, who did not fall for the lure of the money and refused on principle to be part of her family's ridiculous "reality" show antics.

Because sadly she's as dysfunctional in her own way as the rest of the family. I think she sees the pitfalls and the damage that have occurred to various members of the family, but is unable to break away completely. Even Rob who refuses to appear on camera and has distanced himself from members of the family still lives with Khloe. He hasn't run for the hills either.

Caitlyn also, for all her talk about the story lines on the show and gloating about how in the end it was she who had the real story... there she is, extolling the glory of a Donatella Versace handbag and sunglasses and bemoaning the burden of having to wear makeup and be picture perfect at all times. She's as shallow as the rest of the klan.

• Love 2

My favorite part of the episode was when Kris, Kim, & Corey were out eating & Kris said to Kim "we have to make it work cohesively, do you know what that means?" because Kim is such a moron that her mommy has to explain the big words to her.

Meanwhile, we had this great line from Kris at one point during this episode:  "It literally killed me."  No one on this show is a mental giant.

Because it can't be said enough, Caitlyn Jenner is an awful person, who doesn't care about anyone but herself. She fits right in with this family.

The looks she was giving Kris, were so dismissive, and just "my shit don't stink." She will never think that anything she does is wrong, or her fault.

Even showing up an hour late, and not even caring, shows how little she values other's feelings.

Well, to be fair, the first thing she said when she showed up was, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."  Personally, when you're late, I do think you should offer some sort of explanation…."I'm so sorry I was late; you wouldn't believe the traffic." or "I'm sorry I'm late.  My GPS sent me to Exit 17, when clearly I should have taken Exit 23."  or even "I'm really sorry I'm late – I just completely lost track of time and then couldn't find anything to wear!"

• Love 2

"The VanityFair article....it literally killed me."

Ummm no Kris, if it had, you wouldn't be sitting there.

I guess Caitlyn is lacking a bit in the grammar/vocabulary issue. Or too polite to correct her.

• Love 3

You know when Bruce did that Diane Sawyer interview I actually felt empathy for him and thought maybe this whole inner struggle he was going through his entire life was the reason why he was such a douche in a lot of Kardashian episodes.  I never cared for him for some reason.  Well, clearly I was wrong because she is just as much of an ass now as he was then.  I especially hate him for making me feel sorry for Kris.  You really have no idea why Kris would be mad at you??  REALLY?!  

• Love 4

Meanwhile, we had this great line from Kris at one point during this episode: "It literally killed me." No one on this show is a mental giant.

Well, to be fair, the first thing she said when she showed up was, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Personally, when you're late, I do think you should offer some sort of explanation…."I'm so sorry I was late; you wouldn't believe the traffic." or "I'm sorry I'm late. My GPS sent me to Exit 17, when clearly I should have taken Exit 23." or even "I'm really sorry I'm late – I just completely lost track of time and then couldn't find anything to wear!"

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, is fine if you are 10/15 minutes late. But an hour late? You need to have a very good excuse and be very humble, especially in this day and age of cellphones. There was no excuse for her failing to call or text. She was pissed at the girls and Kris that she wasn't invited to the graduation, so I think this was a passive aggressive smack down on all of them.

I thought Kylie said she wasn't inviting either parent to her Bootsy Bellows party,but Kris was there.

"The VanityFair article....it literally killed me."

Ummm no Kris, if it had, you wouldn't be sitting there.

I guess Caitlyn is lacking a bit in the grammar/vocabulary issue. Or too polite to correct her.

I swear, the Kardashians literally use the word "literally" incorrectly at least once per episode.

Edited by Procrastinate
  • Love 1

I found this episode disturbing.  Not because of Caitlyn's boorish attitude and behavior - Bruce was always an ass and still is even with a new name and a dress.  Kim's self centrism is pathological at this point but not what is most disturbing about this ep.  What was disturbing is how this family treats Kylie.  I didn't much care for Kylie when she was a child.  She was a brat - but being the youngest of 10 growing up with wealth and fame, it is understandable.  At least when she was younger she had a personality.  Something in her seems to have died.  And there doesn't seem to be a low she can go to that will shock her family into actual concern about her.  That dinner was HER birthday party but the whole thing was about Kris being irritable about Caitlyn.  About Caitlyn being more concerned about the sheer grandeur of her presence and the impact she has on everything.  Khloe still droning on about Lamar.  Kourtney completely silent unless it is an opportunity to note that she has kids and that they come first, and Kim, simply being Kim.  Kylie didn't even need to be there.  She looks sad to me - like she is expected to, at 18, have everything figured out and that her family thinks because she has money, she'll be ok.  But she's not okay.  A teenager dating and screwing a MAN, who has a child, is not okay.  A teenager who is so unsatisfied by her looks that she utterly alters them, even though she is not yet fully grown is not okay.  A teenager who buys her own house because she wants to get away from family is not okay.  Do none of them see that she is struggling?  I think only one does - Kendall, but Kendall can't help but so much because A) she is not much older than Kylie and doesn't have any real answers to offer her and B) is one of the source of Kylie's hurts - Kylie has expressed her insecurity of living up to the beautiful Kardashian sisters (daughters of Robert) but then to have her FULL sister (daughter of Jenner) grow up to be model beautiful while she is not.  It has got to be hard on a young girl.  Particularly in a family that prizes beauty above all other things.  So she clings to Khloe - the other non-beautiful girl.  But Khloe is an insecure mess herself and merely enables Kylie's bad behavior.

I watched last night's show and thought, that poor girl has NO ONE.  It made me want to cry for her.  For as much as she has, her family hasn't given her ANY self-worth.  She and Robert are suffering from the same thing.  I hope she can be saved before she destroys herself.

Ok, I LITERALLY said "yes!" at the end of each one of these sentences. Thank you!!!