Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Is Not This Something More Than Fantasy?

I think Nick may have been that guy in Opheilas acting class who liked her and took her on a date? I could be wrong. I have nothing to say on this episode, really. The more I watch this show, the more confused I get with what is happening. However, I think Len's new blonde friend is going to be up to no good. 

• Love 2

Wow... I actually felt sorry for Cyrus. Kudos to the actor, didn't think that was possible. But I don't think he has cancer at all... I think this may be Prudence's payback, with the help of someone with money. If they can get doctors to lie about DNA results, they can certainly lie about cancer. Wouldn't that be a bitch, to realize you had a testicle removed (and replaced with a dog's?! Is that a real thing?) for nothing. And that takes me back to the feeling sorry for him thing... he's horrible, why do I feel this way?! LOL.

I don't recall Ophelia and Liam ever being this basic. Like, their dialogue was so stilted, lots of "no wait, I have more kind things to say". I'm glad they didn't get back together and I liked the surprise return of Nick. Wonder how they crossed paths again. I'm sure they'll reunite anyway but I wish they'd take a hard look at them and at Beck/Eleanor or even Eleanor/New Girl (forgot her name already) and see that Liam/Ophelia pales in comparison. The polo girl's quirkiness has the potential to wear thin but I still prefer her to Ophelia.

As for Eleanor... as much as I prefer her with Beck, I actually really liked what happened. I think it makes total sense, bad timing once again. She's not there yet, and he's not helping, though he means well. And I'm glad they have another love interest for her, so she's not going back to Jasper just yet, that would have bugged the crap out of me. So far, I like the new girl (now both twins will have had an American girlfriend). It seems like it might be a good balance of partying/fun and much needed conversations. We'll see how it goes.

Queen vs. Queen was entertaining, actually. I think both actresses played well off each other, it seems like a fair fight.

I wonder if a real kidnapping will take place, perhaps at the end of the season. If so, I'd love it if it were Robert, who faked or escaped his death and will reveal everything about the domino organization.

I am in love with Cyrus and Violet. "Sack half full" is still the line of the night. It's a tribute to Jake Maskall that I am in love with his character.  In real life, Cyrus is a monster rapist of evil but in the show, he's just the most fun character to watch. I can see the wheels turning in his head and perhaps a royal romance with some lovely ordinary girl will sell well to the public and he needs to breed a proper heir, since those monstrosities are impossible (even if I like Penelope and Maribel) 

I don't see either Liam or Len ready to take on the monarchy and honestly, I think Len would be a lot happier if she got justice, resigned her place in line and married "Beck" and founded a fashion career. She's so self destructive, and the spot light makes it worse. Beck is the best thing for her, and she knows it, but she can't handle it. 

Liam and Ophelia bore me. Terribly. 

Queen vs Queen was awesome. 

• Love 1

I agree above, Beck is probably best for her but I'm not so sure if the show wants her to be with him or be with Jasper. It's strange. But they've spent a lot of time trying to redeem his character and if it's not to pair him back with Len, then I don't know what they're doing. 

Beck seems like he wandered in from real life and doesn't know what the make of the histrionics of the show. I liked him a lot, but he's entirely too levelheaded for this show. Wish they would have expanded his arc for another episode or so. It seemed rushed.

What are they trying to do with Ophelia? Is the actress unavailable for most of the season and that's why she's only in a handful of episodes? I really like her and Liam (American girl dating a prince trope is one of my favorites) but her weirdly standoffish nature is kind of killing the pairing for me. Is she not popular with viewers?

What are they trying to do with Ophelia? Is the actress unavailable for most of the season and that's why she's only in a handful of episodes? I really like her and Liam (American girl dating a prince trope is one of my favorites) but her weirdly standoffish nature is kind of killing the pairing for me. Is she not popular with viewers?

Ophelia isn't popular at all, I don't remember very many liking her (I certainly didn't) last season, I hope she's gone forever.

This was a really boring episode, the only thing that let you know it was about royalty was because some of it happened in a castle. This show is rapidly losing me.

• Love 1

At this point, I truthfully don't believe this show has an actual plan of where any of the stories are going. I think they may just be throwing anything and everything. Nothing is really sticking. Last season even though I wasn't a fan of the pairing at all, they really put a lot of effort and time into Ophelia and Liam. We spent a whole entire season with them and Liam being all, "I may be next in line to king but I love her" stuff only to have them do a cliffhanger and then this episode where she's dating her random classmate? The hell.. I mean, whatever. Do what you want show, I guess but yeah at some point, I just might not pay attention anymore. It kind of stinks, I got kind of invested in this show last season, but then I always remember one tree hill and I realized nothing made sense there. 

• Love 1

At this point, I truthfully don't believe this show has an actual plan of where any of the stories are going. I think they may just be throwing anything and everything. Nothing is really sticking. Last season even though I wasn't a fan of the pairing at all, they really put a lot of effort and time into Ophelia and Liam. We spent a whole entire season with them and Liam being all, "I may be next in line to king but I love her" stuff only to have them do a cliffhanger and then this episode where she's dating her random classmate? The hell.. I mean, whatever. Do what you want show, I guess but yeah at some point, I just might not pay attention anymore. It kind of stinks, I got kind of invested in this show last season, but then I always remember one tree hill and I realized nothing made sense there.

I know what you mean.  Prince Liam and Ophelia were really going hot and heavy first season and now suddenly, they absolutely cooled off.  I think this season they may want to pair Prince Liam with another girl and keep the show interesting. 

I actually miss Gemma more than Ophelia.  Where did Gemma go?  Her motivations are mysterious.  She was dating Liam for awhile, then dropped him like a hot potato leaving him broken hearted.  Then all of a sudden Gemma comes back into Liam's life and wants him back.  This was all first season.  Gemma made me laugh.  I still don't understand how she thought driving drunk and giving Liam a blowjob in the car was a good idea.  I wouldn't mind her coming back and causing a bit more trouble for Liam. 

Nick looked like he wanted to punch Liam in the face for showing up at Ophelia's apartment.  Wow!  That would've been a cool fight except that they are both gentlemen and didn't want to get into it with Ophelia around.  Liam/Ophelia sure ended tepidly.

This Show seems to be taking it slow in the storylines.  I also want the Show to focus more on Liam and Eleanor uncovering the mystery of who killed their brother and father.  Instead they are showing the ill fated romances of the royal twins.  I wish Eleanor could just straighten up and decide to be with Beck and get clean.  Too bad she remains screwed up in the head.  Girl is running, running, running away from her inner demons.  I hope now that Liam is back, he wouldn't party so hard and he and Jasper can find out more about this Domino organization.

The things I like:  Queen Helene and the Deputy PM squaring off.  That Deputy PM, Rani or Raina I think her name is, sure has a lot of guts disrespecting the queen like that.  Rani (Raina) doesn't know who she's dealing with.  I wouldn't be surprised if Queen Helene would someday resort to murder to get rid of Rani.  I think the scenes between the queen and Rani were the most entertaining scenes in the episode.

King Cyrus' health predicament makes me laugh and yet makes me a little sad for him.  When they were parading the dogs in front of him and he selected the bulldog, for a moment I thought they were going to having the dog's ball surgically removed and then sewn onto Cyrus' genitals!  Then I realize that they were only looking at the size of the dog's ball to figure out what size prosthetic ball they were going to give to Cyrus.  That was funny.  I felt sorry for Cyrus.  No one likes him because all the people know is that he's an asshole and can never be compared with his well liked diseased older brother who was a good king.  And as for the new maid, Violet, she is so suspiciously sweet to him.  The first thing that came to my mind was, who's paying her and what does she really want.

Another thing that bothers me is; they never spoke about the dead panty-wearing PM at all in this episode.  What did that guy die of?  Was it natural causes?  Did someone kill him?  No one seems to care on this Show, except for us viewers.

They are taking a long, long time dragging out these storylines.  It gets frustrating but I'm going to continue watching anyway because I want to see how Cyrus gets his downfall, if Queen Helene will succeed in whatever she's doing, uncovering the mystery of the king's death and I want to see Duchy Joan Collins again!

• Love 1

This show was on fire in its first season, but somebody's thrown a bucket of cold water on it for the second. We want Jasper and Len! We want the two outrageous cousins! We want Liam and Anybody-But-Ophelia, preferably Gemma! We want to know who killed King Simon! We want to see Robert and find out what's up with him being dead/not dead! We want Queenie and her longtime boytoy! WE WANT JOAN COLLINS!!!

Really, Show, come on! You had all this great stuff going on and just forgot all about it for - what? 

• Love 2

When they were parading the dogs in front of him and he selected the bulldog, for a moment I thought they were going to having the dog's ball surgically removed and then sewn onto Cyrus' genitals!  Then I realize that they were only looking at the size of the dog's ball to figure out what size prosthetic ball they were going to give to Cyrus.

Oh thank god. LOL.

When they were parading the dogs in front of him and he selected the bulldog, for a moment I thought they were going to having the dog's ball surgically removed and then sewn onto Cyrus' genitals!  Then I realize that they were only looking at the size of the dog's ball to figure out what size prosthetic ball they were going to give to Cyrus.

Yeah, my take was that those dogs were all neutered and had Neuticles so that was the way Cyrus would be able to see the various prosthetic samples without anyone out of the loop being any the wiser.

• Love 1

This show was on fire in its first season, but somebody's thrown a bucket of cold water on it for the second. We want Jasper and Len! We want the two outrageous cousins! We want Liam and Anybody-But-Ophelia, preferably Gemma! We want to know who killed King Simon! We want to see Robert and find out what's up with him being dead/not dead! We want Queenie and her longtime boytoy! WE WANT JOAN COLLINS!!!

Really, Show, come on! You had all this great stuff going on and just forgot all about it for - what? 

Same wavelength. They've been building up so much stuff only to just then build up totally different storylines. It's like... "what is going on?" I mean, this is only episode 3 so, there's still time, but I don't know. I'm not putting my hopes on enjoying the rest of the season. 

I actually miss Gemma more than Ophelia.  Where did Gemma go?  Her motivations are mysterious.  She was dating Liam for awhile, then dropped him like a hot potato leaving him broken hearted.  Then all of a sudden Gemma comes back into Liam's life and wants him back.  This was all first season.  Gemma made me laugh.  I still don't understand how she thought driving drunk and giving Liam a blowjob in the car was a good idea.  I wouldn't mind her coming back and causing a bit more trouble for Liam. 

The actress playing Gemma left the show, I think. She's got another gig and/or wants to move on. Too bad. I agree that she was the more interesting of the two Liam love interests. I think she actually represents real-life royal spouses the most out of anyone on the show. Princes do cheat, they do often marry for convenience rather than love, and their SO is expected to look the other way.

Having her move on the second Liam wasn't a prince was pretty realistic too, IMO.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

Gemma wants to be Queen someday. The first time she dumped Liam, it was just a regular relationship breakup. Then Robert died, & Liam became the Heir Apparent & Gemma came back to get Liam to eventually marry her. Since the Queen was all for the marriage to the point where she was telling reporters the announcement was coming, Gemma was pretty certain she was going to get her way. Then Cyrus engineered the fake DNA tests, & not only was Liam not the Heir Apparent, he wasn't even a Prince anymore, so Gemma moved on again. 

While I can understand why Ophelia might not have been popular, I don't get why Gemma wasn't more popular. It almost feels like people don't Liam to be with anyone. I loved both Ophelia and Gemma last season because they played well off each other. I wanted to see how far Gemma would go and whether Ophelia would stand her ground to her craziness. Getting rid of one could have worked but getting rid of both just makes no sense from a narrative perspective.

This show was on fire in its first season, but somebody's thrown a bucket of cold water on it for the second.

I couldn't agree more. For me the show has completely lost nearly all the charm it had in its first season. The nice family/friend dynamics are all gone because they've gotten rid of half the cast. Not to mention bringing in the conspiracy plot (which reminds me of The Initiative plot that wrecked Season 2 of Revenge) and spending so much time on Cyrus and Helena's political power plays. It's just kind of hollow and dull.

Maybe I feel so strongly right now because I just binge watched Season 1 and adored it, so the whiplash is extra bad.

Edited by GuyAwks