Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Corporate Retreat

Episode Description:

The heroes get mixed up in corporate politics after they seek refuge in a hotel that has been taken over by a group of white-collar survivors; and when someone tries to shoot Murphy, the search for the suspect turns into a game of Clue, but with zombies.

Anthony Michael Hall guest stars -- I wonder if he will have visions if he touches a zombie. </TheDeadZone>

This episode was worth it simply for the satirical trashing of the world of corporate speak -- damn, that was funny. Anthony Michael Hall did a great job of selling those lines too.

The talking stick, the truth circle, the hand gestures, etc. -- so much to mock.

Iggy for the win.

Looks like Citizen Z has some competition for Addie's romantic interest -- Dana was driving hard to the hoop to try and hook up with Addie.

Citizen Z was noticeably absent yet again.

• Love 6

That hotel was terribly defended. If I was in a place for 4 years. I'd want to kill every zombie there just to make sure at least the insides were secure from zombies. Those people were the lamest.

• Love 2

This episode was worth it simply for the satirical trashing of the world of corporate speak -- damn, that was funny. Anthony Michael Hall did a great job of selling those lines too.

The talking stick, the truth circle, the hand gestures, etc. -- so much to mock.

Iggy for the win.

Looks like Citizen Z has some competition for Addie's romantic interest -- Dana was driving hard to the hoop to try and hook up with Addie.

Citizen Z was noticeably absent yet again.

Yeah, I loved the corporate mocking too, although it was giving me flasbacks from my last job, lol.

I enjoyed this episode and the corporate-speak guru Anthony Michael Hall (haven't seen him in ages).  At least he didn't have the "Who Moved My Cheese?" books lying around.  

Dana should have just gotten in the van with Addie.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

What a nightmare, lol. Being trapped with that guy would have killed me faster than  any ZA. 

Doc's experiments were hilarious too. 

It  seems the zombies were sensing Murphy's unconsciousness. I guess they  don't  react that way when he's  just sleeping, he really is the king zombie,  isn't he? I wonder if  we'll get to know eventually what's exactly going on there.

• Love 1

As a former retail manager and now high school teacher, I have sat through enough corporate trainings and in-services that if this is where I was when the apocalypse started, I would've mercied myself.  Gah.  At least there was no hula hooping. I had to hula hoop at my last in-service.  I will say no more. 

I really enjoyed this episode, definitely one of the stronger ones this season.  Well written and well acted, lots of humor, which is why I watch this show.  And for 10K. Of course.  

• Love 5

They so nailed the corporate speak.  I too had flashbacks to too many corporate team building seminars.  AMH did such a good job as a corporate douchebag.  10K rocked as always and Doc brought the humor.  Great episode.

• Love 3

I really liked this episode too. Cracked up at the opening sequence, because the music, "The Flower Duet," is from the opera Lakmé. I first heard "The Flower Duet" during a scene from the extremely sexy, seductive scene from the 1983 film "The Hunger," with Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve. Yikes!! I also liked the "choreography" of the opening of this ep of Z Nation.

Did anyone else think that the Dana character resembled a younger version of Betty Buckley? Miss Buckley  played Miss Collins, the teacher, in the Sissy Spacek 1976 version of Carrie?? She was also in the tv series Eight is Enough....