Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E24: Girl Meets Belief

How many episodes did they tape last season that never made it to air? It's obvious this was one. 

Nah, this is a season 2 episode. Production code for this episode was 213 and Yearbook is 214, so this episode should have aired before Yearbook hence why Farkle is wearing his colorful turtlenecks. But stupid Disney airs the episodes out of order.

How many episodes did they tape last season that never made it to air? It's obvious this was one. 

Nah. May be an old (rejected) script recycled, but its definitely from some point this year. The dead old lady tells us that.

Heck, Auggie was written half-way like a real kid (something he never was last year). 

Edited by Kromm

Nah, this is a season 2 episode. Production code for this episode was 213 and Yearbook is 214, so this episode should have aired before Yearbook hence why Farkle is wearing his colorful turtlenecks. But stupid Disney airs the episodes out of order.

I was wondering about Farkle. Why do they air out of order?

I gotta say episodes are far more enjoyable to me when Maya and Riley act like a couple and no one is hurting anyone, I'll enjoy it while it last

The topic at hand was interesting I guess, not a big fan but I can see why others might like it and I can appreciate it. Gotta say can't remember the last time a tv show that devoted an episode to faith.

Edited by beetlesoda
  • Love 1

It really annoyed me that we don't even see Corey PRETEND to give out the assignments to the other kids. I mean the show can't take the time to actually hear him assign much, but I wish we just got ONE leading sentence into him talking to some other kid before the scene cut.

Also honestly... I really wanted to see a hint of what Lil' Yogi did with the $5.

I DID like the episode allowed that Riley was too preachy and allowed the narrative to admit it. And that we got that interesting twist in the last second that Riley's moral analysis of Maya was completely off, because Maya never bothered to ask God for anything for herself (wheres Riley always does). I thought it made the ending a lot more edifying than the rest of the episode.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

1) The only thing I could focus on whenever they mentioned Jefferson was how much he hated Alexander Hamilton. 

2) This just wasn't a great episode. Like Before Yearbook, it makes sense, but why did they have to air it out of order? I'm liking the prism lesson.

Also, I am a grown adult woman human being but I want ALL of Auggie's dinosaur graphic tees. The only question is ...why? (okay, because they're pretty dang awesome)

I have never used the term "fiveski" or heard it used by anyone else for a $5 bill.  Finski, yes.  Sometimes I can't turn off my "Jeopardy!" brain while watching such shows.  Mr. Matthews said Jefferson died over 200 years ago.  2015-1826=189 years ago.

Looks like the next episode is December 4th.

• Love 1

This episode furthered my belief (see what I did there? ;) ) it will end with Rileya. 

IMO only in a "BFFs foreva! Girls b4 bros!" way. 

Disney ain't going to girlielovetown with main characters.

IMO only in a "BFFs foreva! Girls b4 bros!" way. 

Disney ain't going to girlielovetown with main characters.

Probably right with Disney BUT it would fit their characters better. Well that or Farkle marrying both of them as ruler of the world.

Probably right with Disney BUT it would fit their characters better.

I don't know that it does (fit their characters better). While it would be nice to see a normalized relationship like that, it's also in a way a kind of unnecessary bit of posery to act like a close friendship has to wind up with a sexual component, regardless of the genders involved. There's nothing even vaguely sexualized in how the two interact, even in a proto-they're too young now-way. I perhaps could see the argument for making at least one of them bisexual (which would at least explain them both at times showing signs of being boy-crazy), but BOTH of them being in that territory would just seem contrived. Of the two, I suppose Riley is the one where her boy activities seem more contrived and feel less convincing--perhaps more about an ideal than physical--but even there it's just matters of degree, not anything that strong.

EDIT - IMO I think we should consider moving this discussion over to the "Girl Meets Relationships" thread, because a similar comment to what started this discussion was made there (I wish I'd seen that version first and I would have replied there in the first place), and I think the issue of what's between the girls goes beyond things in this single episode. I've quote-copied a few of the posts here over there to help that out...

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1