Type keyword(s) to search

American Gothic (1995): All Episodes Talk

1995?!?   Daaamn.

This show was so deliciously creepy good--and just (way, way) too far ahead of its time, I guess.  If they put out satanic Sheriff Gary Cole fighting sweet Merlyn for her little brother's soul today, they'd already be renewed through Season Seven. 

#Someone's @ the door.

• Love 6

Now that I've finally got an Android box, I'm hoping that somebody somewhere has streamed episodes. One of my all-time favourite shows, can't believe I'd forgotten all about it. Gary Cole is such an amazing actor and American Gothic turned me into such a fan. The only worthwhile parts of The Good Wife currently sputtering to its close are provided by GC and Christine Baranski. I still think they could do a sequel to the original American Gothic with Gary, just need a new cast for him to terrorize. Or at least make an American Gothic episode of Supernatural. He'd fit right in with Lucifer, Crowley and the Darkness.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

The only worthwhile parts of The Good Wife currently sputtering to its close are provided by GC and Christine Baranski. I still think they could do a sequel to the original American Gothic with Gary, just need a new cast for him to terrorize.

I know, right?!?  He's pretty darn charming when he's just being charming, but he could totally sew up the charming smooth-talker evil niche.  2016 Sheriff Buck would not feel dated at all.

• Love 1

WHAT!??!! They are remaking this??? I loved this show back in 1995. Holy crap, I'm old. Well, older. I remember being pissed that CBS, I think, jerked around the fans by moving this show around way too much. Then it was cancelled. Still kind of pissed. 

This show was so deliciously creepy good--and just (way, way) too far ahead of its time, I guess.  If they put out satanic Sheriff Gary Cole fighting sweet Merlyn for her little brother's soul today, they'd already be renewed through Season Seven. 

So true! I don't want to get my hopes up and have too high of expectations on this new one.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/3/2016 at 8:53 PM, PreBabylonia said:

Now that I've finally got an Android box, I'm hoping that somebody somewhere has streamed episodes. One of my all-time favourite shows, can't believe I'd forgotten all about it. Gary Cole is such an amazing actor and American Gothic turned me into such a fan. The only worthwhile parts of The Good Wife currently sputtering to its close are provided by GC and Christine Baranski. I still think they could do a sequel to the original American Gothic with Gary, just need a new cast for him to terrorize. Or at least make an American Gothic episode of Supernatural. He'd fit right in with Lucifer, Crowley and the Darkness.

I've been a fan of Gary Cole's since he was in Fatal Vision.  He's so terribly underrated - - maybe because he makes it so effortless? 

Anyhow, loved the aforementioned FV, loved him in Midnight Caller (anyone remember that show?) and (of course) Office Space, the movie to which all office workers hold as their cinematic bible. 

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 3
(edited)

I thought I was the only who remembered Midnight Caller. Wasn't Cole a member of the Steppenwolf Theater Company (along with Gary Sinise, John Malkovich, Glenne Headly and Laurie Metcalf)? I've never understood why he was never Malkovich-level famous.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
(edited)

i found it online illegally, but the episode order is all scrambled. episode 5 is listed as episode 18/19, i had to look for a correct order to watch which apparently is  - 1, 2, 3, 4, 19, 5, 6, 7, 14, 13, 8, 20, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 21, 22, 16, 17, 18. thank god i caught it in time otherwise the ending would not have made a single sense.

the premise is really fantastic as is sheriff buck.

Edited by tanita

I can't believe there is any connection whatsoever--in any way--however tangential--with the Good Wife writers and Steven Spielberg! The only way I would watch it (and I've been so waiting for the premiere) is to imagine it will be one of those shows/movies that are so bad they are compelling. That dialogue along the lines of "Hello, how are you?" "I'm fine, how are you?" "I'm fine too," could actually be written by any writer, let alone those with pretty good resumes, is mind boggling.

And I'm from Boston and inclined to give a little slack.

I briefly watched this when it first came out. Just found it on Hulu today and decided to watch the whole thing. Was kind of irritated that this thread is hiding in the forum of a completely unrelated show. 

Cole is such an overwhelming evil. I am not sure if the world was ready for a villain like him to be the main focus of a TV show, though.