Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Rocks and Hard Places

Wick’s shortcomings are magnified when his sister, and potential rival, Lacey officially joins the family business. Meanwhile, Billy attempts to blackmail Hap with information Cody shared with him in confidence, further putting their marriage on the line. Unable to shake suspicions about his son, Hap pays a visit to Sherriff Tip, who reveals that Wick may know more about the robbery than he’s letting on. Later, Gary proves a continuing threat to Wick — but when Wick tries to fight back — it’s Cody who is put in harm’s way.

Wick continues to prove he's a little boy, trying to play grown up, the way he caused the crew to up and quit and Lacey had to get them back.

Speaking of which, I'm having a hard time telling her apart from the Jules actress. It's the latter's English accent that clears it up for me at times.

And Cody was so not obvious the way she suddenly hot footed it out of Jules's loft when she saw the box from Big Sur when she was trying on dresses. No, not at all. No way she did it look like she saw something she shouldn't have.

And I know it's rhetorical, but just how STOOPID is Billy? Did he really think he could blackmail Hap?  And Carla totally knows about Jules and Hap.

I don't want to blame Cody for what happened to her, but come on! Who doesn't lock the doors FIRST when you close up for the night? I'm afraid that she lost the baby, because they showed Gary kicking her from his point of view, and I have a feeling he kicked her in the stomach as well as the face.

Cliché upon cliché, with the screw up of Wick trying to get Gary to confess on a recording.

And is it just me, or has Don Johnson dropped that broad accent I heard in the first episode?

• Love 1

And I know it's rhetorical, but just how STOOPID is Billy? Did he really think he could blackmail Hap?

Very stupid, Hap is experienced and he clearly is not, so it's his own fault when he was already warned about him beforehand.

I don't want to blame Cody for what happened to her, but come on! Who doesn't lock the doors FIRST when you close up for the night? I'm afraid that she lost the baby, because they showed Gary kicking her from his point of view, and I have a feeling he kicked her in the stomach as well as the face.

No wonder she's with Billy.

Wick continues to prove he's a little boy, trying to play grown up, the way he caused the crew to up and quit and Lacey had to get them back.

So far we haven't had any real villains, the closest we have is this annoying brat, that and I don't see Hap as a villain, Billy is just a moron who is clearly out of his depth yet keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

• Love 1

It's hilariously enjoyably cliché. Every single soap trope -- it's already happened or is happening and we're only on episode 5. I'm still not sure why Billy didn't just tell Carla about the affair. Just call Hap's bluff, show him you've got balls and fuck his shit up for a second so he'll be distracted next time you come up with a brilliant idea. Right? What'd he have to lose?

• Love 2

I'm surprised the food truck triangle appeared out of nowhere. They went straight from meeting to affair.

Lexie pretending Wick had anything to do with saving the day was dumb of her, because Hap and everyone knows Wick couldn't have done it. So her lying to make Wick look just makes Wick look worse, he needs her to still lie and cover for him. 

Cody was dumb you're pregnant give him the money and don't try to play hero. 

Cody was dumb you're pregnant give him the money and don't try to play hero.

That and lock the store up and don't push the alarm right in front of him.

It's hilariously enjoyably cliché. Every single soap trope -- it's already happened or is happening and we're only on episode 5.

It's like the new writers had to play catch up to get things moving along because it was plodding along.

It really annoyed me when Billy was running, searching for Clifton right before he found out he had a heart attack. You don't go lollygagging in someone else's home like you own the place.

I just hate Billy, he's so dumb he might have been born yesterday. This was the first episode I liked Cody even if she pushed the emergency button in the most obvious way possible.

• Love 2

If Wick had any sense at all (another rhetorical statement), he would have known the driller's contract specs ahead of time.  If the guy had him over a barrel, as often the case when there's a shortage, then you suck it up and renegotiate.  If the contract is strong, then you just mention that quitting is called breach of contract.  Either way, chasing him off just means that you lose. 

Bad idea, selling drugs out of the food wagon, especially when you're an outsider to begin with.  Won't take long before you have enemies on both sides.

It really annoyed me when Billy was running, searching for Clifton right before he found out he had a heart attack. You don't go lollygagging in someone else's home like you own the place.

I just hate Billy, he's so dumb he might have been born yesterday. This was the first episode I liked Cody even if she pushed the emergency button in the most obvious way possible.

Billy is just asking for it, it's like provoking an animal and then being surprised when it attacks.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

I'm hoping this show ends on several cliffhangers and is brought back as a summer show.  On another note, I totally missed the part where Don Johnson is actually an executive producer for this show.  I wonder if the network will cut some kind of deal with Johnson to let the show continue?  Now, about this episode.  I guess Gary attacking Cody means she loses the baby?  I hope not!  Finn kissing Ada and offering her husband a chance to sell dope to pay off gambling debts?  Finn is the trouble I knew he'd be.  Hap clearly has a history of infidelity in which Carla is completely aware of.  I can't wait to see how Hap's ex-wife Annie figures into everything.

I totally missed the part where Don Johnson is actually an executive producer for this show.  I wonder if the network will cut some kind of deal with Johnson to let the show continue?

Yeah, his name appears right after Cidre's name in the credits.  I doubt the network will do this, since I'm sure they knew he was the executive producer from the get go. Otherwise, they'd have not cancelled it if that was a factor.