Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

This late in the game, I really don't think they would do a full episode as a dream. They need all the time they can get to tie things up.

Cisco fanboying over the BC doesn't seem odd to me because he is a FanBoy. He probably saw shots of Laurel in costume on TV posing or running and thought 'Cool Superhero! She is hot and works with Arrow!.' I can't imagine he knows all the details. How he knows the name Black Canary is a little wierd though.

Laurel calling herself Black Canary is really never going to make sense to me. If she is taking the mantle to honor Sara, why change the name? Why add something that darkens the name? Something thrown in disgust? Makes no sense.

• Love 2

Every time I see "A Dream" theorized the Nelly song "It was only just a dream" gets stuck in my head. I could be on board with a dream episodes if it fixed some of what people have suggested was wrong about s2. Also dream episode usually involve some mind messing which has been missing this season.

Anarchism would also be a logical suggestion, but it probably won't work for more reasons that just apinknightmare highlighted above.

Ironic choices could be Arkham & Altruism

How about ATOMISM? Its at the right point in the season to make it more about the ATOM.

Per http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atomism-

at·om·ism
(ăt′ə-mĭz′əm)
n. Philosophy
1. The ancient theory of Democritus, Epicurus, and Lucretius, according to which simple, minute, indivisible, and indestructible particles are the basic components of the entire universe.
2. A theory according to which social institutions, values, and processes arise solely from the acts and interests of individuals, who thus constitute the only true subject of analysis.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Laurel calling herself Black Canary is really never going to make sense to me. If she is taking the mantle to honor Sara, why change the name? Why add something that darkens the name? Something thrown in disgust? Makes no sense.

Comics, duh. Sorry but it pretty much answers most Laurel/BC related questions.

• Love 6

This going to be the new Public Enemy. Fans guess it weeks in advance, but MG happens to miss it everytime is comes across his dash.

Comics, duh. Sorry but it pretty much answers most Laurel/BC related questions.

Inconceivable!

• Love 4

From the episode tease I just posted, it sort of makes me feel bad for Oliver. I think that, that scene makes sense. Oliver feels helpless because he feels like the Arrow hasn't accomplished anything. I think that makes sense because bad things are always happening to him and Starling. It makes me sad for him, really. And it makes snese why he would kind of consider taking the offer. Hmmm

• Love 2

"Amalgam" sort of works for Oliver's identity crisis, I mean, his ultimate development would be to realize he needs to be both The Arrow and Oliver Queen, so a mixture/combination/amalgam of the two.

Other than that, I got nothing. "A+ TEAM" is not an option, right?

• Love 1

From the episode tease I just posted, it sort of makes me feel bad for Oliver. I think that, that scene makes sense. Oliver feels helpless because he feels like the Arrow hasn't accomplished anything. I think that makes sense because bad things are always happening to him and Starling. It makes me sad for him, really. And it makes snese why he would kind of consider taking the offer. Hmmm

I believe he turns down the offer so I'm hopeful someone shows him some love and support to get him there. And by someone, I mean Felicity.

• Love 4

I believe he turns down the offer so I'm hopeful someone shows him some love and support to get him there. And by someone, I mean Felicity.

Please please please please please please please please please please please! I NEED THIS SO BAD.

• Love 2

It better be Felicity is all I can say.  After keeping them apart all season they owe us big time.

Would viewers know what Amalgam means?

Every time I see the clip where Oliver lists who died during his crusade -- Tommy, Sara -- I want to say "and Malcolm Merlyn killed them both! Why do you keep saving him, dumbass?"

I really hope they don't have Oliver/Diggle/Felicity tell Laurel about Barry and his Team without a scene of them getting permission to do so. It's not their secert to tell.

But she's part of the team now!  The secrets they're keeping are her secrets now!

How about ATOMISM? Its at the right point in the season to make it more about the ATOM.

2. A theory according to which social institutions, values, and processes arise solely from the acts and interests of individuals, who thus constitute the only true subject of analysis.

I like this. It implies that the institutions etc. of Starling City are composed of the acts of individuals i.e. Oliver, Ra's, Malcolm, Ray etc.  Sadly, not going to happen.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

MG did say he and Felicity have a big scene in 3x16, but sadly I've been beaten down to the point where I think this won't be a supportive scene, it'll be one where Oliver finds out she's dating Ray. Or, maybe he already knows thanks to the mini-hiatus, kind of like we didn't see his first reaction of Laurel suiting up (unless I missed it). 

But it's still probably about Ray.

Edited by apinknightmare

Felicity's not allowed to be supportive of Oliver yet. She's still dating Ray and it's not near the end of the season. Duh. LOL.

Felicity's not allowed to be supportive of Oliver yet. She's still dating Ray and it's not near the end of the season. Duh. LOL.

Yeah. The scene is probably Ray-related, but I always hope until it's beat out of me at the end of the episode!

• Love 1

If the goal is to tie Felicity to Oliver's humanity, now would be the moment. Frankly, I need this. I need them on the same page and a glimpse of what they used to be. They can still be angsty with the Ray thing but they need to get back to their old rhythm....so they can be in a different rhythm at the end of the season.

Granted this is applying logic to storytelling so low expectations.

• Love 6

Well we know that Felicity is in the lair from the Asian promo.  And if Oliver is thinking of giving up and that he's accomplished nothing over the past 2 1/2 years, then she absolutely needs to be included in the conversation.

At this point, I still don't care two figs about Ra's and his threats so if Oliver is going through a crisis of conscience, it better be Diggle AND FELICITY who get him through it.

• Love 1

Lmao all I can think of with that is "Wifey pls notice me! I just want you to love me again! Wifey look I'm shirtless for you!" :p

Also, this has been the first shirtless scene since 3.09. God bless.

• Love 4

Diggle and Felicity have been there since the Hood and seen how far he has come. They have seen the good he has done for the city and for them. Those two should be the biggest voices. I would even give Roy a voice because Oliver inspired him to become a hero. Laurel tried to arrest him and they verbally abuse each other and he didn't inspire/support her to do anything so she can sit this out.

• Love 6

Because who you really want to run the organization you've spent decades (centuries?) building up is a guy who doesn't know anything about it, can't defeat you in a fight, doesn't believe in killing and doesn't want the job.  Good planning there, Ra's.

I'm just embarrassed for this version of Ra's. Such a fail. In some universe, Batman is watching this show, pointing and laughing, and preparing to file a copyright lawsuit.

We're going to lose Sally, aren't we? Of all the terrible changes they've made, this might be my last straw. How dare they?!!

As an actor, SA would be monumentally stupid to want a more reduced role on a show where he snagged the lead. 

Now, I'm going to side eye Cisco when I was enjoying him so much. My new hope is that someone uploads a virus into Ray's suit and it takes him out of the superhero business until he leaves for his own show. 

• Love 4

The Olicity scene in 316 is totally plot dependent (no surprise). If they want Oliver to accept the offer or drag out Oliver contemplating the offer then Felicity will be argumentative or the Olicity scene will be about Raylicity.

If they want Oliver to turn Ra's down (which seems likely since Oliver is in SC through 319 and Ra's reveals Oliver's secret to Lance) then I would expect a good Olicity scene in order to convince Oliver to say no.

Of course they could skip it altogether and have Olicity be about Raylicity (another kick Oliver when he's down) while having other characters convince him Arrow does good in SC.

• Love 1

But they keep saying that Felicity is the team's moral centre and that Oliver's humanity is tied to her.  If he has to make this huge decision about his life and she's not involved, then all their protestations are b.s.

• Love 2

Lol, if someone can stop Ray's suit with a virus, that would be hilarious. Ray's ability to be a hero is dependent on a computer while Oliver's ability is dependent on his actual skills. I know who I want saving me. Sorry not sorry.

Edited by Guest

tumblr_nlbiwgkvDr1sq00uso3_500.gif

Does the background look like the cell in the Arrow cave?

I'm gonna hate this guy severely if he hurts her. But I hope to God Ray doesn't save her. I'm a bad person I know but I would want Ray to FAIL. I detest that Gary Stu

• Love 2

Lol, if someone can stop Ray's suit with a virus, that would be hilarious. Ray's ability to be a hero is dependent on a computer while Oliver's ability is dependent on his actual skills and abilities. I know who I want saving me. Sorry not sorry.

Ray is straight up terrible and he needs to get off my screen, but...it's not like he was just given the suit to wear. He had to build it himself, and while Felicity helped him out, that's still something. So he is using actual skills and abilities to save people, just different ones than Oliver. Still doesn't make me want to watch him save anyone, though. Or watch him in general.

Ray is straight up terrible and he needs to get off my screen, but...it's not like he was just given the suit to wear. He had to build it himself, and while Felicity helped him out, that's still something. So he is using actual skills and abilities to save people, just different ones than Oliver. Still doesn't make me want to watch him save anyone, though. Or watch him in general.

Oh, I'm not denying that he had to build it. But what else qualifies him to be a hero, other than his suit? He's a successful businessman but that's it. Oliver has had 7 years of hell to get to where he is today and has earned every single one of his skills in the most brutal way possible. IMO, there's just no comparison and that should be explored. 

Edited by Guest

there's just no comparison and that should be explored. 

The only similarities between Oliver/Ray are shallow, surface qualities. They're two sides of the same coin. Ray has had it relatively easy, whereas Oliver had to go through hell. 

• Love 3

tumblr_nlbiwgkvDr1sq00uso3_500.gif

Does the background look like the cell in the Arrow cave?

No, this guy is wearing a Starling City Hydro uniform, so this must take place at some kind of plant, because there's a pic of Ray trying to punch this dude and they're both standing in from of a cell/cage that looks like this and seems to be in some kind of concrete courtyard. 

Yeah i'm like 100% sure that Ray 'saves' her in this scene. That orange blinking light in the background is the same one in this gif:

tumblr_nlbtidL9YI1sgxrkpo3_540.gif

ALSO this.. Apparently he can't punch someone to save his life. Regardless, Ray isn't a fighter. He relies on tech so he really shouldn't even try the hand to hand combat thing. Seriously, he wants to become a hero, yet he didn't even bother training? SMH:

tumblr_nlbtidL9YI1sgxrkpo4_540.gif

Angel12d, I agree on that point, for sure, and the show should definitely explore the differences in their experiences. There's a part of me that could just roll with a 'he just wants to be a hero and to help people' kind of explanation, but I'm not even a little bit invested in Ray so he can fly away to the spin-off as far as I'm concerned. Except with Sara there I acutally want to watch that show too...

• Love 1

ALSO I think Laurel going far for Oliver in episode 19 is her possibly getting him out of jail? I remember that BTS image where SA was behind bars or something... So maybe Oliver gets arrested, Laurel turns into super!Lawyer and gets him out? 

I have nothing on 3.16-3.18 but how is this for optimistic speculation for 3.19-3.20....

MG said Olicity shippers would be thinking WTF about episode 3.19. Quentin is in the Foundry with several cops.  He can't arrest Oliver without arresting Felicity and Diggle also can he?  Ray uses his money/connections to get Felicity released.  Lyla/ARGUS intervene on Diggle's behalf.  Laurel does something (probably illegal) that results in Oliver being free.  He figures he needs to leave SC.  Diggle helps/goes along.  Oliver & Felicity have a good-bye scene.  He tells her he's sorry and wants her to be happy. (SA did say Oliver might have to imagine a life without Felicity.  I think this would qualify).

3.20 The Fallen refers to the fall from grace.   Oliver boards a jet (provided by ARGUS again I guess) with Thea, Malcolm & Diggle.  Felicity is either already on board or arrives just as they are getting ready to leave.  She doesn't want them to go without her even if it means they are headed toward possible death.     She and Oliver have a heart to heart and she tells him ILY (good).  They take off to Nanda Parbat and the unknown (bad).  LL & RP remain in SC to protect the city.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

It's weird, because in the stills released for 3x17, Ray and Oliver are standing in a place with lights all around that look a lot like this. I wonder if that's a coincidence or what? Or does Ray need to go to a power plant to do something in order for his suit to work?

Edited by apinknightmare

I don't care if Ray saves Felicity. I care that she needs saving in the first place. I'm sick of them damsel-ing the love interest all the time. And I can see so much transference in the Raylicity relationship it just weirds me out. I bet Ray will see Felicity in danger and he'll flip because it's just like Anna. I've no time for this.

The only similarities between Oliver/Ray are shallow, surface qualities. They're two sides of the same coin. Ray has had it relatively easy, whereas Oliver had to go through hell. 

Exactly. Which is why I have no time for Ray at all. He's seemingly too perfect. He's had everything so easy. And the constant comparisons to Oliver are so weak, they do him no favors. His story just doesn't feel earned to me. 

Edited by Guest

If Ra's tells Lance that Oliver is the Arrow, and Lance doesn't reply with anything other than some variation of, "No shit," I may throw something.  

LL & RP remain in SC to protect the city.

I hope the Glades residents have taken out bigger insurance plans. Perhaps planning on moving to Crime Alley in Gotham for a safer life.

• Love 3

I have nothing on 3.16-3.18 but how is this for optimistic speculation for 3.19-3.20....

Nicely optimistic.  Although I have to say, Felicity deciding to go to Nanda Parbat with Oliver is good/good.

What does Diggle do about Lyla and baby Sara?

AK is still selling "Ray is just like Oliver but available".  Sigh.

Edited by statsgirl

Nicely optimistic.  Although I have to say, Felicity deciding to go to Nanda Parbat with Oliver is good/good.

I don't know what happens with Lyla and baby Sara but Lyla was encouraging Diggle in 3.15 to go so I would think she would here too. 

It looks like Oliver might be starting to open up ever so slightly in 3.16.

Edited by Sunshine

No he isn't like Oliver AK what seven years of Hell has he experienced?. This creepy smarmy jackass gets every thing he wants cause you MG and GB jerk off to making Oliver Miserable and ensuring this show is depressing as hell cause you guys can't get it through your skulls that a dark show can have lightness in it.

• Love 3

I wonder if Colton's trolling with that tweet or if he's in a flashback/playing a dead body.

I'm going to go with flashback/dead body. Because wasn't Colton not in Vancouver the whole time they were filming 3x20 (The Fallen)? He's probably going to be the one to get Pitted.

Or actually if, as I read somewhere that SA said, 3x20 takes place mostly/almost everything in Nanda Parbat, maybe Roy is alive and got left behind in SC for the B/C plots with Laurel and Palmer vigilante-ing and burning Starling City to the ground saving the city, no experience and actual skills necessary.